Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Fair enough..But lets not act like Pierce fans dont get provoked on this site..I made my comments based off of the continued comments saying he avoids the lucas races and only runs for 2k..so after he goes out and beats the lucas guys (30k race)...I spoke my mind. Like I stated before attack me all you want if it makes you feel better...But lets stop acting like Bobby cant contend on a national level that argument has been put to rest...
    In 8 Lucas/Woo races he has an average finish of 12. Is that your idea of "contending"?

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I think ONE of the reasons why Bobby is so good in these Crown Jewels is that the 2 notable ones, aside from the World 100 are Lucas Oil Races. Bobby, being an outsider, can come in and take more chances, especially in regard to set-ups. If he totally misses it, oh well, who cares....there's nothing at stake for him. Can he toss it in harder than the series guys, not really caring if it doesn't stick? yes.
    Can he make a few more risky moves, that might get him crashed? yes.
    That's one of the positives about not running for points. You do have that mindset.
    This makes a lot of sense actually. McDowell is often very good at the big races he runs, it's the same deal with him. He doesn't have to be conservative and worry about points.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yeah the main aspect to the setup is mass betwixt the thighs and fat right foot.

Reminds me of the joke about the ant crawling up an elephant's leg with rape on its mind! LOL!

still haven't got my answer...

love the attention pierce brings to these boards. and as a fan, he is fun to watch. but...

i'm not accepting he is the only master of 100 lap/tire conservation.

if I remember correctly birkhofer gave bloomquist a bunch of credit for for teaching him tire management after his first World 100 win. I'd suggest scott still plays the tire game better than anyone.

side note-tire rules: while it takes a wildcard out of the game, mandatory tire specs isn't the reason for pierce's success. I don't like "spec" racing, but if the track surface allows for racing, a driver's skill does come into play.

last call: can't argue with recent success, but how many flash and fade racers have we seen during the time moyer and bloomquist started?

hoping for some pierce longevity and maturity. the kid can drive.

jmo.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    In 8 Lucas/Woo races he has an average finish of 12. Is that your idea of "contending"?
    Cant judge in 8 races...you could win over half of them but have mechanical failure in a few and finish 20th-25th and have a double digit avg finish..so your argument is not valid...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 05-31-2017 at 06:27 PM.

[QUOTE=Illtsate32;2109196]Cant judge in 8 races...you could win over half of them but have mechanical failure in a few and finish 20th-25th and have a double digit avg finish..so your argument is valid.....meaning Bobby cant win a national championship!

Exactly......consistency is what wins national championships!

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Cant judge in 8 races...you could win over half of them but have mechanical failure in a few and finish 20th-25th and have a double digit avg finish..so your argument is not valid...
    Most his equipment failures come from his driving style, he has got a little better on his equipment not beating it to death.