Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zeigler/Marlar dust up

Thoughts on the Zeigler/Marlar situation? Seemed to me that Mason was all over the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Thoughts on the Zeigler/Marlar situation? Seemed to me that Mason was all over the track.
    Ziegler was a dart with no feathers. I've never seen Marlar that mad before. His comment about rich kids was priceless.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Ziegler definitely drove over his head and took out Marlar.

The real problem is that Ziegler had a great car and could have possibly won or at least been in the hunt. But he took both out of contention! smh

Ziegler was fast and driving hard, maybe too hard, possibly a top 5 finisher if not for the skirmish. Got a feeling Marler would have been top 5 at the end also if he continued. Didn't see the final incident but know the 25 was attracting a lot of attention early on.

he just got into 1 heavy and marlar was there

Didn't take long for them to black flag Marler maybe 2 more should have had the same treatment, but I digress they are local boys.

Just my 2 cents...I watched the contact several times, and while it seems obvious Zeigler was WAY too aggressive getting into the corner, I've certainly seen worse "over-driving" and the contact didn't seem as bad as I expected after reading about it first.

BUT...what I also noticed and I'm guessing this is what really ticked Marlar off, is that after the initial contact it looks like Zeigler staying hard in the gas and just drove right through him. I think if Zeigler had backed off the throttle (like most would) after the initial contact, the wreck/spinout wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Marlar would have (rightly) still been pi$$ed, but would probably have not reacted as he did. IMO I don't think Zeigler can get away with calling this "just racin'" or "rubbin" when you keep the gas pedal floored after you've just driven into somebody's door.

Gotta go with Marlar on this one, sometimes you just gotta take a stand.

Ziegler wants zero part of Mr. Marlar in a pit altercation......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Mason's car had alittle rub mark on the right side. Marlar was running the high side and tried to go in low with Mason at his door. So was Marlar trying to run him down? I mean lets be real here. Marlar hasn't ever been the cleanest guy out there.
    T3G-Never Forget Always Remember

Mason is a rich kid, and has never even tried to deny it. Another thing with him is that he's still rather inexperienced in high level late model racing. It wasn't all that long ago that he couldn't get out of his own way (I'm talking like 5 or 6 years ago) even at local shows around my way. He's had a pretty rapid ascension and is still very much learning how to race. If I had to venture a guess, he'll take this iincident as a learning experience and be better for the next race.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

He has not learned enough yet. He had the car to beat at the World 100 a few years when he got too excited and drove right unto Mcdowell. He just needs to learn to settle down and relax in those long 100 lappers

not his fault he is rich. don't hate for that.
    victim

Explains why he has dime running his souvenir trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    not his fault he is rich. don't hate for that.
    It's not that he's rich, per se. Someone has to have a decent war chest, be it the driver, the owner, or sponsors, to run a competitive touring team. The thing with the silver spoon crowd is they have a higher propensity to drive over their head with little regard to consequences. If silver spoon junks it, daddy/mommy/grandparents will just buy another. That's likely what Marlar was getting at. Having a blank check WFO silver spoon who can't hold a consistent line can get expensive for other competitors. You can buy your way into the sport, but it helps to respect your competition. Tyler Erb is another one who comes to mind. He's been doing better, but is still prone to random acts of brain fade.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    It's not that he's rich, per se. Someone has to have a decent war chest, be it the driver, the owner, or sponsors, to run a competitive touring team. The thing with the silver spoon crowd is they have a higher propensity to drive over their head with little regard to consequences. If silver spoon junks it, daddy/mommy/grandparents will just buy another. That's likely what Marlar was getting at. Having a blank check WFO silver spoon who can't hold a consistent line can get expensive for other competitors. You can buy your way into the sport, but it helps to respect your competition. Tyler Erb is another one who comes to mind. He's been doing better, but is still prone to random acts of brain fade.
    Tyler Erb is the worst. No doubt about it, he's gotten faster. But I cringe every time he's around a driver I root for.

t3r3e3 You must not know Mason at all. Hes the farthest from being/thinking that way. And how can you bring up running a consistent line. When in this case Marlar is the one that switched lines. Ans how can Marlar be mad? Mason's nose what at his door going in. You cant tell me Marlar didn't see/hear Mason. Marlar acts like hes never ran anyone over. Marlar cant talk about rich kids spending daddys money. When Marlar has been funded by someone else most of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    t3r3e3 You must not know Mason at all. Hes the farthest from being/thinking that way. And how can you bring up running a consistent line. When in this case Marlar is the one that switched lines. Ans how can Marlar be mad? Mason's nose what at his door going in. You cant tell me Marlar didn't see/hear Mason. Marlar acts like hes never ran anyone over. Marlar cant talk about rich kids spending daddys money. When Marlar has been funded by someone else most of his career.
    I like Marlar but you are right I have seen him dirty people up plenty of times.

I don't dislike Marlar at all. In fact I had him in our pool 2 of the 3 nights last weekend. Maybe that's why im mad now. He cost me money! lol

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    What race did you watch? Marlar passed Ziegler on the bottom. Ziegler was a dart with no feathers on the top. Marlar was still running the bottom when Ziegler dive bombed the corner and tried to go under/through the 157. There's a brake pedal in the 25,although it appeared to be inoperable. In no way shape or form was that wreck on Marlar. He had a right to be pissed. Hence, the rich kid comment.

Racing deal id say!