Default Here's the REAL question?

If Bob put Bloomer, Richards, Sheppard, EPJ, etc etc, in Bobby's car, would they get the same results?... why or why not???

Right away? Probly not. I can just picture​ Bloomquist up under there cutting off brackets and relocating them, moving bars and shock mounts. I don't think Bloomquist drives anything unless it visits his shop first

For some reason I thought of that scene in the movie Armageddon, where Bruce Willis' guys tear apart the drill they built from his specs and built it wrong!!!!! That'd Be Scott on that car.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    If Bob put Bloomer, Richards, Sheppard, EPJ, etc etc, in Bobby's car, would they get the same results?... why or why not???
    No. None of the above would put up with their bs.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    No. None of the above would put up with their bs.
    Yep, Ciera could only keep them there for so long!

Yep, Ciera could only keep them there for so long!
    Id keep her around for a lil while... got some grooving to be done... lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Default Slide or Die!

Richards might, but none of those guys drive every lap throwing, "Hail-Mary sliders". They are all use to driving cars with the RR quarter still attached so probably not. Now, "Slide or Die! Eat crow and die you haters. T-shirt to follow.😎

Doubtful. Different drivers like different things in a car. No two drivers drive exactly the same. Similarly, if you put Bobby in any of their cars and it's highly unlikely that Bobby would have the same results as he does on the family equipment.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm thinking(???) Sheppard did drive Pierce cars before the rocket deal. Obviously he was good enough in them to catch someone's attention. They're all good drivers, they could all win in equipment that is capable.

I'm not an expert at setting up a race car but i do have some experience setting up karts on asphalt. Just a general observation, it seems The Pierce's are setting up the car to be fastest at the end of the race. They have been winning these 100 lappers for a reason. Even McCreadie mentioned something about he set his car up for the way the track was on Thursday and Friday night. Bob and Bobby pulled out the notebook from last year and set up for a slick bumpy track with a cushion. I'm not sure if they are gambling on this set up,or if they are certain that it will pay off. It has been paying off, The Crown Jewels pay a lot better to win than it does to run 7th or 8th so it is worth the gamble. That being said, they have only been a little better than Bloomquist at The North/South and The Show Me, and he wasn't at the World, so I'm not ready to hand over the Number 1 ranking just yet. Bobby Pierce is clearly the Number 2 ranked driver right now. After The Dream we will know who is Number 1.

Are we talking Bobby gets out and they get in ? Or are we talking days of testing and making the car so they can drive it ? Any of them except maybe Bloomquist is going laps down early. And even bloomquist would be lapped eventually. Do you think it just soo happens that Bobby flys in that garbage truck at eldora ?? Or is it maybe that he's talented enough to drive a car set up in such a way that other guys can't ?? And maybe just maybe that's why he's soo strong in 100 lap events. Those guys you mention except for bloomquist have their cars set up balls tight where they won't turn until finally they do. It's much easier for lesser skilled drivers to drive a car like that which is why rockets and long horns win soo many races

Like ive said before....I'll take Bobby over anyone in a 100 lap race.....The more laps in a race seems to favor him...You watch most any of these races....A lot of other drivers cars start going away with around 20 laps left....Bobbys car usually will stay the same or get better in the last 20....

One thing we haven't much considered is just the getting up on the wheel and wanting it more factor. Bobby just acts like he wants it more than anyone else right now. Maybe all the hate is motivating him. There is nothing wrong with Bloomer, he is still kicking arse. When the lights are brightest though lately it seems like Pierce goes to another level.

Disclaimer: I am not a Pierce fan, but giving credit when/where credit is due. The DOD story said in his 3 crown jewel wins he has passed 49 cars. That is racing folks. Who knows what would happen if he ever starts the race in the top 10.

Agree, he seems to drive hard lap after lap. This was not a feather foot, tip toe around deal. Says a lot about how durable the top finisher's cars were. Having watched the 32 in maybe half dozen events they seem to keep their car together even when punishing it, have to give them credit.

Being in shape helps with these 100 lappers as well.

A good shoe should be able to adapt to most any car he/she drives.

Look at the sprint/midget drivers of the past... most were hired guns driving for a plethora of different car owners in cars that were as different as the rules allowed... and so many won so many races. And they won on dirt and pavement often driving the same car!

DLM's were the same until the 'manufactured' chassis started to take over... I remember some of our local guys driving, and winning, in everything from '57 Fords to Camaros to ex-NASCAR Dodge Chargers...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Ok so Bob is still the crew chief . CORRECT ? Well what does every good driver need ? Chemistry #1. A crew chief that can watch the car and make changes dependant on driver input to what he wants to feel. I think the 4 drivers mentioned could make that transition quickly. Win, not right out of the box, but easy top 5.

I'd say Josh and Brandon, yes. Scott and Earl, probably not.
    Josh and Brandon seem confident against the wall running the cushion. Scott and Earl don't seem very comfortable up there. Not taking anything away from the 2 Hall of Famers but they seem to set there cars up to run the middle to bottom of the track.

Now, if Bob set the car up to run the hub? Different story.
    8/13/16