Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Been watching the weather closely as well jog49, looking to be a great night for racing...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mudweiser; 06-01-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Yep, no precipitation at all, high 81, low 62. All of you that have rain clouds follow you to VMS, it looks safe to go now so change your plans!

Going to be a fantastic event.......the ultimate guys know how to get it done.

Wish I was going.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Commonwealth had 34 SLMS and 46 Crates, I believe. This one might have a few more with some of the Lucas Oil drivers coming. As Kelley posted, $1000 or more back to 10th place and a total purse for crates at $13,000.

Bloomquist now coming to Virginia

Gaining a few Lucas Oil drivers and losing a few PA/MD drivers to AMS at Port Royal. Should be about the same. Both tracks should have nice counts...
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

"You rarely get positive results from people who do nothing but complain".

Chamber of commerce weather in Jamaica VA! Hope everyone in 4m land is enjoying some Sat night dirt track racing!!

23 cars for $20000? That's a shame. Not even a full field.

I was kind of shocked with the car count. Figured at least 30-35 cars for $20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by bullittwrench View Post
    23 cars for $20000? That's a shame. Not even a full field.
    Well there is some quality stuff here...

23 cars was a shock! But I reckon AMS took a few, others were getting ready for the dream, and maybe some prior commitments, i.e family commitments..

Really wish Billy, Clarke, Brian and the rest of the crew around here could get the fields the track and events deserve.. 20k for a one day show that draws only 23, is a shame... And it sucks to say, but the regional talent did not support this event like it has in the previous 40 yrs..

Just my 2 cents

Date will be moved next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudweiser View Post
    23 cars was a shock! But I reckon AMS took a few, others were getting ready for the dream, and maybe some prior commitments, i.e family commitments..

Really wish Billy, Clarke, Brian and the rest of the crew around here could get the fields the track and events deserve.. 20k for a one day show that draws only 23, is a shame... And it sucks to say, but the regional talent did not support this event like it has in the previous 40 yrs..

Just my 2 cents
    As soon as I noticed that it conflicted with AMS I knew car count would be an issue. I don't think VMS should be too upset, or surprised. They did get the big names like Bloomquist, Ferguson, Pearson, McDowell, etc. Running it against AMS is the issue, of course I know they were probably trying to cash in on an off weekend for LOLMDS (which there are not too many of). I guess 23 cars probably creates an issue for the track in terms of profitability (I'm sure they were expecting to sell significantly more pit passes) but the strength of field was pretty impressive.

I would think that a good time of year for this race would be much, much later in the season. Sometime between the DTWC and the World Finals for instance. I never could figure out why VMS runs both of its races in the early part of the season and then plods along with regular racing for the rest of the year. The season should start and end with a bang in my opinion. Running it late in the season there would be plenty of options and opportunities for it to be the highest paying race in the country by a large margin, and also on a weekend when both the WoO and the LOLMDS would be off.

Just my .02, I think the PA/MD and even VA regional drivers really appreciate the AMS and are probably going to choose it over just about anything.

W2Racing09......Jeff, I noticed with your above post that your 2017 race attendance is way down compared to prior years, plus you do not post on here all that much anymore. Everything OK? I enjoy your insights and contributions,(For the most part) to this board.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    W2Racing09......Jeff, I noticed with your above post that your 2017 race attendance is way down compared to prior years, plus you do not post on here all that much anymore. Everything OK? I enjoy your insights and contributions,(For the most part) to this board.
    My signature wasn't up to date - I've been to 21 so far in 2017, and hopefully 24 with mother natures blessing by the end of this coming weekend.

I have not been posting here as much for a few reasons, but primarily because since I stepped down from running the Mid Atlantic Mods series I promised myself I would stay closer to home and spend less time driving all over the place to catch races. I thought that would cause me to go to fewer races overall since I wasn't a sprint car fan and I live in sprint car country. However I've actually taken a liking to Sprint Cars now and have primarily been attending Sprint Car races at Lincoln, Susky, Williams Grove, Port and my home track (Trail Ways). I'm still around and I still go to big Late Model races when I have the opportunity or the desire to drive a little ways but I've put significantly fewer miles on my car this year, and also spent a lot more time at home (because if I go to Lincoln on Saturday night I don't need to leave the house until about 6:30, where as Winchester used to feel like a day trip when I would leave at 3 or 4 to get up there).

I've been watching a lot of the DLM racing on DoD, I think I've only seen Late Models in person maybe 10 times this season if that, and half of those would be Limited LM shows. I'm probably a little bit less interested too because all of my favorite drivers are not running in the area anymore (JT Spence retired, Gregg Satterlee is running LOLMDS now and Josh Richards is running LOLMDS too which means I need to travel a lot more than I would if he was running the WoO still).

I still browse a lot on here but I've been trying to stay away from the controversial posts just to avoid getting dragged into arguments, etc. all the time. I have been posting a bit over on Hose Heads and the Williams Grove forum though (Sprint Cars).

Thanks for the post BT, its nice to know at least one person was interested in my posts!

Jeff.

Jeff.....good to hear, thanks for the update. I am almost the polar opposite of you. I grew up in NJ and was a Big Block Modified fan. After moving to Eastern Pa, I became a big time sprint car fan regularly attending races at Williams Grove, Lincoln, Port Royal, Selinsgrove and Susquehanna. Two years ago I just happened to stumble onto 4M. I then attended my first WoO Late Model race at Delaware International and really took a liking to DLM's. I would say it is now an even 50/50 split between seeing the sprint cars & late models race with an occasional modified race at either Grandview, New Egypt or Bridgeport thrown in. Funny but I root for some of the same late model drivers as you: Richards, Satterlee, Eckert, McCreadie and locally Frye, Covert & Hubbard.