Default Dumb Caster Question

I understand that caster is all about driver preference, but what is the difference between having for example +1LF and +3RF and having +3LF and +5RF (both having 2% split) Is there a benefit to having lower #s or higher?

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=42467

Not dirt related, but helps explain some of the settings and why.
    every little bit jelps.

get your a good tool, a yellow tire marker crayon . color sidewall into tread inside and outside both front tires ajust to wear

1-3 will dart all over the place down the straights and be a white knuckle experience.

the lowest Ive ever considered acceptable is 1.5/3

Dave41 is thinking about camber.

More caster causes more weight transfer when you back steer.Higher numbers put more crosswieght when back steering.

dave41 does it to check caster scrub as it gains.

Quote Originally Posted by dave41 View Post
    dave41 does it to check caster scrub as it gains.
    I think you mean SCRUB radius. But it isnt measured by marking outside or inside of any sidewall.

Google is your friend.

Caster
    Camber
    Scrub radius

3 completely different things all measured and adjusted independent of each other.

And yes to the original poster, by running the Higher caster settings more weight is jacked into or out of the chassis, thus changing how the rr tire grabs or resists allowing you to spin out etc.

I always ran the least amount I could, I prefer my chassis to change corner weights etc the least amount possible in the corner via steering correction since on the dirt we are often steering right to go straight or left etc. People often add 6-8 degrees of split and swear they found some magic stuff on that night. If that is the case they had a lot of other stuff a long ways off....

But there are many ways to skin a cat.. too little caster will not be controllable like I said in my first reply. good luck the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I think you mean SCRUB radius. But it isnt measured by marking outside or inside of any sidewall. Google is your friend. CasterCamber Scrub radius3 completely different things all measured and adjusted independent of each other. The And yes to the original poster, by running the Higher caster settings more weight is jacked into or out of the chassis, thus changing how the rr tire grabs or resists allowing you to spin out etc.I always ran the least amount I could, I prefer my chassis to change corner weights etc the least amount possible in the corner via steering correction since on the dirt we are often steering right to go straight or left etc. People often add 6-8 degrees of split and swear they found some magic stuff on that night. If that is the case they had a lot of other stuff a long ways off....But there are many ways to skin a cat.. too little caster will not be controllable like I said in my first reply. good luck the rest of the season.
    Thank You! Very Helpful

too much can make it hard to return steering to center