Default J bar help???????

Bought a used rocket. Trying to move the j bar up a couple notches at the Pinion. I have the frame on Jack stands with the rear hanging and the j bar completely loose. I can NOT get this bar to move UP. What is jamming me up? Do I need to take the shocks off?

youll need to push the rear end over to the right side of the car, there will be a sweet spot, make sure the spacer is all the way out of where it locks in the pinion bracket (i don't know which bracket you have)

Not sure what you mean by the j-bar is "loose". You'll have to disconnect it completely at the pinion end and move it to the hole/slot you want it to be in. May need a jack under the rearend and/or a helper to get things into position to bolt together easily. If it is slotted adjuster with a sliding nut and it hasn't been moved for a while, you'll probably have to take it apart and clean it up.
    Last edited by Basecircle; 05-31-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Take the frame side off, re position the pinion end, then reattach the frame side, you will have to shorten the PH bar if using the same frame location.

Would help to know what brand of pinion mount you're using. They all work a little differently.