Default powrI show at Fairbury

How was the show last night at Fairbury?

Last corner pulled a slider on Rico for the win. It was a good show. Lots of passing early in the night. The track was really smooth. Dryer than normal it seemed like. In the sprint feature the guy running second tried a slid job on the leader and took them both out on turn 4 of the last lap.

Quote Originally Posted by pfd60 View Post
    Last corner pulled a slider on Rico for the win. It was a good show. Lots of passing early in the night. The track was really smooth. Dryer than normal it seemed like. In the sprint feature the guy running second tried a slid job on the leader and took them both out on turn 4 of the last lap.
    Thanks pfd60, Wanted to go but, didn't get back from Michigan city Indiana in time. Went through fairbury around 8:00. Was hoping to be done in Michigan City in time to get to Fairbury but, it just didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    How was the show last night at Fairbury?
    Kid, the racing was very good in all classes. Decent car count in all classes and a better than average crowd. The only downside was there were 3 or 4 red flags in the midget A-main and 1 in the sprint car A-main.

It's a shame it didn't work out for you to be there. It was a dam good show and I'm sure you'd have been happy with it.

The midget feature was very good and the slider on the last lap by Thorson, although no contact was made, cost Rico the victory. Rico obviously saw it coming and decided to take evasive action. Dirty move? Only Thorson and Rico can answer that with any degree of certainty.

The sprint car A-main was a different story, however. Clouser fed Kevin Thomas Jr. a very dirty wheel and cost both of them the chance at a win. I'm surprised that there wasn't a scuffle following that deal.

Lots of passing and 3 wide racing pretty much from hotlaps on. I really wish that this show could have been run on a Friday or Saturday night for purely selfish reason's. If it had been a weekend show we would have taken the camper to Fairbury since they have one of the nicest camping area's you'll ever find at a racetrack.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-02-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kid, the racing was very good in all classes. Decent car count in all classes and a better than average crowd. The only downside was there were 3 or 4 red flags in the midget A-main and 1 in the sprint car A-main.

It's a shame it didn't work out for you to be there. It was a dam good show and I'm sure you'd have been happy with it.

The midget feature was very good and the slider on the last lap by Thorson, although no contact was made, cost Rico the victory. Rico obviously saw it coming and decided to take evasive action. Dirty move? Only Thorson and Rico can answer that with any degree of certainty.

The sprint car A-main was a different story, however. Clouser fed Kevin Thomas Jr. a very dirty wheel and cost both of them the chance at a win. I'm surprised that there wasn't a scuffle following that deal.

Lots of passing and 3 wide racing pretty much from hotlaps on. I really wish that this show could have been run on a Friday or Saturday night for purely selfish reason's. If it had been a weekend show we would have taken the camper to Fairbury since they have one of the nicest camping area's you'll ever find at a racetrack.
    Thanks for the update and yes I'm pissed I couldn't make it last night. We had every intention of making it as we were going to be going through Fairbury on our way back from Michigan City. My son, my dad and I went up there to buy my son a car but, it took longer then we thought because they had to fix something for before we bought the car.

Going to try and make to Lincoln but, I have a longtime friend of mine coming back from Washington and we are getting together with his family Sunday.

Thanks for the update and yes I'm pissed I couldn't make it last night. We had every intention of making it as we were going to be going through Fairbury on our way back from Michigan City. My son, my dad and I went up there to buy my son a car but, it took longer then we thought because they had to fix something for before we bought the car.

Going to try and make to Lincoln but, I have a longtime friend of mine coming back from Washington and we are getting together with his family Sunday.
    Are you going to Jacksonville and/or Macon?

We're going to Jacksonville tonight but can't do Macon. The daughter of a couple with whom we are very close is getting married Saturday and not being in attendance is positively out of the question. We're figuring on being at Lincoln Sunday night.

We went up to Joliet for opening night of Illinois Midget Week and it was a decent show but the racetrack needs some seasoning. Can't expect a brand new racetrack to be perfect the first night but I'm confident they will get it figured out.

Are you going to Jacksonville and/or Macon?

We're going to Jacksonville tonight but can't do Macon. The daughter of a couple with whom we are very close is getting married Saturday and not being in attendance is positively out of the question. We're figuring on being at Lincoln Sunday night.

We went up to Joliet for opening night of Illinois Midget Week and it was a decent show but the racetrack needs some seasoning. Can't expect a brand new racetrack to be perfect the first night but I'm confident they will get it figured out.
    Sorry going out to eat with my Mom and Stepdad tonight but, going to try and make it to Lincoln Sunday even if I'm a little late. Are you going Sunday? I heard Rico might be in Lincoln I don't know if that is true but, it is what I heard.

Sorry going out to eat with my Mom and Stepdad tonight but, going to try and make it to Lincoln Sunday even if I'm a little late. Are you going Sunday? I heard Rico might be in Lincoln I don't know if that is true but, it is what I heard.
    We're figuring on going to Lincoln Sunday night but there is a chance that the wife won't get home from work in time to go. We're hoping she gets home in time.

I would think that Rico will be at Lincoln since he's probably in a fairly good position in the IMW points. Don't know for a fact he'll be there but I would guess it's a pretty good chance. He's got his merchandise van with him and Childers (the POWRi PA announcer) was pushing the fact that he'll be signing autographs at his merch van after the races at both Joliet and Fairbury.

We're figuring on going to Lincoln Sunday night but there is a chance that the wife won't get home from work in time to go. We're hoping she gets home in time.

I would think that Rico will be at Lincoln since he's probably in a fairly good position in the IMW points. Don't know for a fact he'll be there but I would guess it's a pretty good chance. He's got his merchandise van with him and Childers (the POWRi PA announcer) was pushing the fact that he'll be signing autographs at his merch van after the races at both Joliet and Fairbury.
    Ok I guess we are kind of in the same boat then. We both wanna go but, not sure it's going to work out.

CIRF, I don't think i'm going to make it to the races tonight my wife's sisters 6 year old daughter was hit by a car yesterday and is in critical condition.

CIRF, I don't think i'm going to make it to the races tonight my wife's sisters 6 year old daughter was hit by a car yesterday and is in critical condition.
    I completely understand, Kid. My gosh, such a horrible turn of events. Although I am not acquainted with your family I am obliged to say a series of prayers pleading for a full and quick recovery for this precious little girl. I'm so sorry to hear this. On the optimistic side of things in many cases these young folks bounce back and are as good as new in a short time. I will pray that is the case.

I completely understand, Kid. My gosh, such a horrible turn of events. Although I am not acquainted with your family I am obliged to say a series of prayers pleading for a full and quick recovery for this precious little girl. I'm so sorry to hear this. On the optimistic side of things in many cases these young folks bounce back and are as good as new in a short time. I will pray that is the case.
    Thank you so much but, unfortunately Mackenzy is on life support and it doesn't look good but,miracles can and do happen so, we are praying this will be the case this time.

Thanks again I knew you and your wife are good people.
    Last edited by kidrock; 06-05-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Kid, words alone can't begin to comfort you and your loved ones. Just know that our heart truly aches for you and the family of Mackenzy. We will continue to plead for a miracle through prayer.

Thanks again for the kind words and prayers.