Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default World of Outlaws Craftsman Tool Dirt Late Models at Senoia Raceway

CONCORD, N.C.— May 31, 2017— The World of Outlaws Craftsman® Late Model Series heads to the state of Georgia for the final time this season for the third annual Billy Clanton Classic at Senoia Raceway on Saturday, June 3. The Outlaws inaugural visit to the 3/8-mile bullring will include 50-laps and $10,025-to-win, in honor of the late Billy Clanton who drove the same number as Series regular Shane Clanton, No. 25

“My father used to go to Senoia every Friday night when we were kids because that track was one of the big deals,” said Shane. “They changed the track to asphalt and both of my brothers were asphalt racers and won a bunch of races down there. Since then they changed the track back to dirt. It’s given me the opportunity to race where my dad and my brothers have and I’ve had a lot of success there.”

Shane has won the past two Billy Clanton Classic events and looks to repeat his success this year when the Outlaws take the Senoia Raceway for the first time.

Also on the race card for this special event is the Limited Late Models, Late Model Sportsman (formerly B Cadet), Hobby Stock and Bomber! The Hobby Stocks feature will pay $550 to win and $50 bonus to the ‘hard charger’ thanks to Racers Helping Racers!

Grandstand Reserved Space: $45
    Grandstand General Admission: $35
    Grandstand Kids (14 & Under): FREE
    Pit Pass & Trackside: $40
    Trackside Parking Reserved Space: $50
    Camping available at the track.

Ticket Gates & Will Call Open at Noon
    Pit Gate Open: 2 pm
    Grandstand Gates Open: 4 pm
    Hot Laps/Qualifying: 6 pm
    Opening Ceremonies: 7 pm

Senoia Raceway is located five miles west of Senoia, GA on Georgia Highway 16. Easy access from both Interstate 75 and Interstate 85.

For more information, visit the track website at www.senoiaraceway.com or contact the speedway at 770.599.6161.

Hope there's a lot more than the 21 supers at Taz tonight! Shocked at that count. Should be a solid field at Senoia though.

Have talked to a lot of fans who are once again skipping Senoia because of their admission prices. I really don't understand what the folks running this place are thinking. Do they not want bigger crowds? Not have enough seats? What's the deal?

That's pretty bad considering the PDC is $45 two-day admission.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Plenty of room for you tonight! I'd say the price kept a lot of people away. Supposed to start at 6.

28 supers so far. Only the top row is reserved in the stands.

And the sprinkles get heavier!

1 B Shep fastest in hot laps. 13.13. Don't think he's seen the place!

Basically the Senoia & WoO regulars with 18x,101,111,41 Reid, 54 Breazy. Rain\sprinkles has lightened up. Crowd in the stands has filled in too.

Several cars failing tech and slowing down the show. Supposedly over deck height. Rain is gone, at least for now.

Sorry! Supers qualify after tech inspection.

$45 for a "regular" WoO purse show is a tad high in my opinion. If it is only the top row for reserved seats, I guess that isn't too bad. I have been to tracks that had special shows and only the bottom few rows were general admission, almost forcing the fans to pay more for a reserved seat if you want to see anything. I have no problem paying more to see the WoO sprints or Late Models, but think $30 is the right price point for most fans......and if a track has to charge more than that because they do not have the seating capacity then maybe they should not book a WoO or Lucas race.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Hope there's a lot more than the 21 supers at Taz tonight! Shocked at that count. Should be a solid field at Senoia though.
    Taz never has huge car count this days, lot bullrings don't.
    Always been a debate bullrings vs big track on wear on car and motor. racing hard not having room to do so without damaging your car or others. Not good place for hot headed drivers most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Several cars failing tech and slowing down the show. Supposedly over deck height. Rain is gone, at least for now.
    Let me guess they are all non-WoO cars.....

Even the 1 had to work on it! Q is done. 25 13.48,1,41Reid, 44m.

Heat 1 to 25,18W,99jr,9m. 44m broke running 2nd. Drive shaft? Good behind 25!

Heat 2 1,101,14m,111. 1 gone. Great battle for 3rd!

Good heat 3. 91E,41R,44c,1*. If 25& 1 draw the 3rd row for the feature, I would be happy! Probably a better race that way! 16 Horton & 91 Owens (Dardas car) didn't qualify or heat race. 29 supers total.

And a big thank you to 41 Reid for showing up! The only Dixie car to do so. How about that Greg?!

Thanx for the updates
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!