Default Benefit for Chris Morefield victim of retaliation incident at Peoria Speedway

Looks like their may be some criminal charges too.. ↓

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2017060...eduled-june-25

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    Looks like their may be some criminal charges too.. ↓

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2017060...eduled-june-25
    Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. Sounds like someone had a temper tantrum and just plowed through someone.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Been mighty hush hush

Caskey hit Morefield in the left rear quarter panel in turn 3 after the two drivers made slight contact coming down the backstretch. Caskey continued on the gas until the car flipped over in turn 3 several times. Morefield had to be cut from the car and transported to a local hospital where he was diagnosed with two broken bones in his back as a result of the crash. The incident has been reported to UMP, which is reviewing the video. Peoria Speedway immediately banned Caskey for life and the State’s Attorney is looking into potential criminal charges.

Again I question why this has been so hush hush. A driver was suspended at 4 tracks down south for throwing a steering wheel. It even made DoD. Here we have attempted murder, and can barely keep it on the front page of 4m.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Again I question why this has been so hush hush. A driver was suspended at 4 tracks down south for throwing a steering wheel. It even made DoD. Here we have attempted murder, and can barely keep it on the front page of 4m.
    Good question, I guess DoD didn't want put it out not having full story behind it or don't want to put it because it make sport look bad. DoD doesn't put to many headliners when this kind stuff happens out. Like they didnt never put out any really info about B.M.S. and UMP/WoO. It would be good have site like DoD that in the middle of stuff like this, get all parties sides. Drama can bring fans and get their attention if you get all sides stories.

I'm trying find a video of this
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 06-03-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Poorly written story, too. Failed to describe thexseveral incidents that led up to it, and wouldn't have written so one sided if both drivers were popular locals. Easy to pick on the outsider from Ohio and make him appear to be the villian.

Exclamation Spare the rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Good question, I guess DoD didn't want put it out not having full story behind it or don't want to put it because it make sport look bad. DoD doesn't put to many headliners when this kind stuff happens out. Like they didnt never put out any really info about B.M.S. and UMP/WoO. It would be good have site like DoD that in the middle of stuff like this, get all parties sides. Drama can bring fans and get their attention if you get all sides stories.

I'm trying find a video of this
    DoD tends to be more of a PR firm for DLM than journalists, IMHO. Its one of the reasons I canceled my subscription for this season, amongst others. I'd rather them be silent on something than try and put positive spin though. As far as struggling to keep it on the front page, the way the 4M management told it to me was, "this(4m) is a privately owned enterprise and free speech isn't a top priority for them", but protecting their sponsor's image is, right or wrong. Some things are allowed to be said, some things are not. As to the actual incident in question, I haven't seen it or a video, but I doubt it was "really" attempted murder, but I'm sure assault is on the table. I think if a guy has a history of losing his mind to that degree so often, that maybe he should try a different hobby. That kind of reaction to minimal contact isn't "Passion", that's a form of "Mental Illness" and it should have been dealt with when he was a child(with a belt).
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.