FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

June 3, 2017

Scott James Heals Up from ACL Surgery; Teams Up with Dolhun Motorsports for 2017!

(BRIGHT, INDIANA) After completely healing from an ACL surgery that took place following his season finale in the ‘Jackson 100’ at Brownstown (IN) Speedway last September, Scott James is finally medically cleared to go racing again and is ready to announce his new partnership with Dolhun Motorsports! The Milwaukee, Wisconsin based team is currently at Scott’s race shop putting the finishing touches on a brand-new Pierce Platinum racecar that they hope to debut later this evening, June 3 in a $2,000 to win special at Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky. Ted Dolhun – along with sons Jacob and former racer T.J. Dolhun – have supplied Scott with the new #83 ride, which will be armed with a potent Pro Power Racing Engine.

“I’m very excited to finally announce this deal with Dolhun Motorsports and to kick off our 2017 season,” quoted the Bright, Indiana driver earlier this morning. “It is something we have been working on putting together since last year, but with my knee surgery, I just had to make sure everything was good to go with that before announcing my racing plans. The Dolhun’s are a great bunch of people that have been around this sport for a long time and they know what it takes to win and run up front. They have great equipment and we have been thrashing to get this new car ready to hopefully debut later tonight at Florence before heading to the Dream next week. I have to thank the Dolhun family for this opportunity, along with all of the sponsors that we have put together to make this deal happen!”

Following Florence tonight, the new-look #83 team will venture to the hallowed grounds of Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio on June 8-10 for the ‘Dirt Late Model Dream.’ A pair of preliminary shows will kick things off at the “Big E,” as Twin 25s will pay $5,000 to win next Thursday and $10,000 to win next Friday. Saturday’s traditional lineup at the 1/2-mile, high-banked speedplant will feature heat races, consolation events, and the 100-lap crown jewel headliner, which once again pays a whopping $100,000 to the victor. Scott has transferred into seven ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ finales in his career and has a trio of Top Fives to his credit – including an impressive runner-up performance to Scott Bloomquist back in 2006. Additional information concerning the 23rd Annual ‘Dirt Late Model Dream’ can be accessed by pointing your web browser to www.eldoraspeedway.com.

While sponsorship is not completely finalized, the Dolhun Motorsports team would like to thank Complete Heat Treating (Milwaukee, Wisconsin), Wisconsin Steel (Milwaukee, Wisconsin), Bob Pierce Race Cars, Pro Power Racing Engines, Spark-Lin Acres Farm, K-Bar-C Bucking Bulls, VP Racing Fuels, Dyer’s Top Rods, Bert Transmissions, Peterson Fluid Systems, Delph Communications, and Hoosier Racing Tires for all of their support. More information can be obtained by clicking on www.ScottJamesMotorsports.com or by liking Dolhun Racing on Facebook!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com