Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hey Rick Eshelman....

How'd you like working with that screaming idiot at Senoia?
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Rick does what every industry figure should do, stays off social media and message boards and respects his fellow announcers.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

We were at Senoia last night. Honestly, I don't think I ever even one time heard whomever it is you're referring to as the "screaming idiot".

As I watched it this morning on DoD, I did my usual when I heard that annoying voice. I turned off the speakers and watched it in silence. Thank goodness I'm not an "industry figure" and have to keep my mouth shut on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    As I watched it this morning on DoD, I did my usual when I heard that annoying voice. I turned off the speakers and watched it in silence. Thank goodness I'm not an "industry figure" and have to keep my mouth shut on social media.
    I laughed.

Some of these guys take the gig a little to serious. One clown in my area professes to be a PhD. Another I have heard likes to introduce himself to random strangers under his "stage name".

Is dirt track announcer considered an "industry"?

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Is dirt track announcer considered an "industry"?
    Sounded that way from the post before mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    Rick does what every industry figure should do, stays off social media and message boards and respects his fellow announcers.
    I guess you are not as good of an "industry figure" as Rick is ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    I guess you are not as good of an "industry figure" as Rick is ?
    Zing!!!!!!

You've been making yourself look like an idiot for years, keep digging.

yep had to mute it again.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Hahahaha... Grand Slam!

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    He's graduated from shovel to backhoe

I stopped giving a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what faceless internet people have to say about me.

Maybe when someone actually says something to me in person one day, I'll take you seriously. Been at this since 2001 and still, it's all keyboard jockeys who type tough, but are all smiley to my face. Everyone slams Dewayne for just doing his JOB, which is to call a race, but you won't pull him aside in person and tell him what you think. I've offered many people a chance to get up and grab a microphone and give it a try. In 16 years, TWO people have taken me up on the offer. It's not easy, at all. It's not a job just anyone can do.

Criticism is taken more seriously when it's done face to face and constructive. I've burned 1000 bridges in this business, actually I've probably blown them up while standing on them, but it's not a big deal to me. I'm quite happy in my little gig in southern Indiana, calling my local guys and helping them out. Telling me "oh you'll never make it big", and that is just absolutely fine with me.

Continue on, I've definitely heard worse
    Last edited by ChrisNunn; 06-05-2017 at 04:24 AM.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    how'd you like working with that screaming idiot at senoia?
    IN THE WORDS OF MC HAMMER, ITS HAMMER TIME!!!

Oh Wait was that MC Hammer that said that or was it Bobby Brown???
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 06-05-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

My two cents worth has never changed in decades of racing: Before the engines fire, tell me who is driving car # so and so and where that driver is from. You can then pack your microphone and go home. I have never been to a track where one could hear anything when the race has started.

I stopped giving a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) what faceless internet people have to say about me.

Maybe when someone actually says something to me in person one day, I'll take you seriously. Been at this since 2001 and still, it's all keyboard jockeys who type tough, but are all smiley to my face. Everyone slams Dewayne for just doing his JOB, which is to call a race, but you won't pull him aside in person and tell him what you think. I've offered many people a chance to get up and grab a microphone and give it a try. In 16 years, TWO people have taken me up on the offer. It's not easy, at all. It's not a job just anyone can do.

Criticism is taken more seriously when it's done face to face and constructive. I've burned 1000 bridges in this business, actually I've probably blown them up while standing on them, but it's not a big deal to me. I'm quite happy in my little gig in southern Indiana, calling my local guys and helping them out. Telling me "oh you'll never make it big", and that is just absolutely fine with me.

Continue on, I've definitely heard worse
    When I've heard you I thought you were pretty good...not that my opinion matters to you.

I've said a number of times that I liked Dwayne when I first heard him. I thought he WAS funny and original. But in my OPINION the last two seasons he's gone way over the top. And even though I'm not particularly religious, the "GOD ALMIGHTY" he added to his repertoire really annoys me. The race from Senoia was the first one I turned way down. I didn't mute it, but like with Matt Prieur (or however you spell it) last year, I'll just stop watching the videos if he doesn't get it under control.

And I don't mean that to slam anyone, but this is a message board where we discuss and express opinions and those of us that have DoD are gonna have an opinion on it. When you're in the public eye, you have to expect it.

Sounds to me like if you have an opinion here you have to meet up "face to face" lol. It would appear that Crissy here is an angry little cuss who wants to have it out with you if you have an opinion he don't like... Thats real pro right there now hahahaha.....

Who was "talking tough"???

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    My two cents worth has never changed in decades of racing: Before the engines fire, tell me who is driving car # so and so and where that driver is from. You can then pack your microphone and go home. I have never been to a track where one could hear anything when the race has started.
    The answer to that is... it's being recorded and they have to announce during the race where it can be heard (TV, PPV...). So then shut off the PA at the track right? Lol, they just like to hear themselves scream clever crap for self amusement