Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Packed means sold out or close to it and I haven't seen that the he last few years. Look at it with clear eyes for once. People can NOT afford to take the Family to many races anymore and that sir is a fact. I have been watching since 1968 so I have saw plenty.

with these prices no first 4 SN races
    Brownstown 22gm 37 pits
    Kankakee 20 40
    sycamore 30 35
    Peoria 30 40

Quote Originally Posted by it"s a dirt thing View Post
    with these prices no first 4 SN races
    Brownstown 22gm 37 pits
    Kankakee 20 40
    sycamore 30 35
    Peoria 30 40
    If you're that cheap, you should stay home. There is also a mandatory 2 cheeseburger and a coke charge as well. That would probably put you in the red.
    8/13/16

Shannon Babb now has the first two weeks on his schedule.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Michael Rigsby said on Late Model Live tonight that Mike Marlar is planning to run several early races.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Their has been several seasons that Schlenk runs 60 races with one motor and one car. Their has been a few times the last couple that he was loaned rides. Because his only engine was being rebuilt and he was leading national points. I see him race all the time and never ever see Rusty running into people or driving ruff.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Rusty is one of the good guys. Low budget racer that gets it done the old fashion way. The guys that talk trash probably tried to get their diecast signed at the wrong time.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Rusty is one of the good guys. Low budget racer that gets it done the old fashion way. The guys that talk trash probably tried to get their diecast signed at the wrong time.
    I agree, I don't believe he is running summer nationals anyway. I think he committed to running the American Ethanol series. Unless something changed.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    I agree, I don't believe he is running summer nationals anyway. I think he committed to running the American Ethanol series. Unless something changed.
    I'd say you are right about the AE series. Hoping he hits some shows in July when the series is off.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by it"s a dirt thing View Post
    with these prices no first 4 SN racesBrownstown 22gm 37 pitsKankakee 20 40sycamore 30 35Peoria 30 40
    Oakshade $12 ga and $20 for pits and paying $10,000 to win. How do these other track justify charging $30 and paying $5,000?
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Oakshade $12 ga and $20 for pits and paying $10,000 to win. How do these other track justify charging $30 and paying $5,000?
    Now thats a deal there for 10,000 show...

Here's a good one for ya. Moler has the buckeye dirt week show, 3k to win. It's $35-40 to get in. They had a 2k to win mod show 3 weeks ago....35 to get in. Apparently they don't feel bad about lightning up people's walllets. I would gladly pay 30 for a 5k to win show.

Oakshade seems to be only track or one of a very few that can pull this off. If it's a really good crowd all year regardless if it's a weekly show or a special. Then I can see how they can do it. Good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Here's a good one for ya. Moler has the buckeye dirt week show, 3k to win. It's $35-40 to get in. They had a 2k to win mod show 3 weeks ago....35 to get in. Apparently they don't feel bad about lightning up people's walllets. I would gladly pay 30 for a 5k to win show.
    Jesus. That's straight taking it up the a$$. I pay 20 for MLRA type 3k to win shows. If those paid 5k to win and brought 6-7 more good cars. I'd gladly pay 30.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Was that general admission or pit gate at Moler?

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Was that general admission or pit gate at Moler?
    Pit gate. I'm not sure what the general was for those shows, my guess would be 20. I do know last year's outlaw show was 35 just for general, 45 or 50 for the pit gate. I chose to sit in the stands that night.

I'm not complaining at all, I just feel like there needs to be a little reworking on that. No way a family of 5 could afford that very many times. I'm just a single guy, so it doesn't bother me a bit to pay.

Prp does a good job of not breaking people when it comes to these big shows, like lucas. I THINK it's normally 30-35 for pit admission, not sure on the general side. With the exception of the DTWC, but the gate prices are not set by the track on that deal. Prp has a couple 5k shows throughout the year that are priced really well. I believe it 12 for general admission and 20-25 for the pits.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 06-14-2017 at 07:19 PM.

I would agree that is a really good bargain for the SN finale. I'm willing to pay more at other tracks though because at least at other tracks I don't have to be concerned about catching a debilitating illness from trying to use the bathroom at the races. I'd be willing to pay more at Oakshade and actually consider going back if they would put something into the facilities.

Thumbs up

It was announced on the Plymouth Speedway Facebook page a few days ago that Scott Bloomquist will be there for their UMP Summer Nationals race on Thursday, June 29th.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    He will be out of equipment by race 5 Good racer hard on equipment JMO
    Guess I'm gonna have to push this out a little bit since he didn't do night one lmao

He's in Merrit racing for $10,000. He is committed to the AELM Tour. Just doing the hell tour shows that don't conflict.
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing