Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Climbing Higher Into Rarefied Air With Every Victory

Jimmie Johnson tied Cale Yarborough's Cup win total of 83 with a hard fought victory at Dover Sunday afternoon. We are witnessing greatness that we haven't seen before and may well never see again in NASCAR Cup competition.

In addition to his superior driving, Jimmie's humility, manners and class represents a stark contrast to the foolish, childish, and yes, embarrassing nonsense we watched from the 2nd place finisher at the Coke 600 last week. It was embarrassing to all of auto racing. It is highly infrequent that we see Jimmie's exceptional talent and will to win coupled with such grace, humility and manners. Especially in NASCAR.

Congrats to Jimmie on achieving another milestone. We all are fortunate to be around to witness one of the sports greatest career's. Not only in racing but in all of sports.

Who finished second? I watched most of the race up until the time I had to leave to visit my friend from Washington and his family.
    I thought the race was actually pretty good up until that point. I was hoping Larson would win it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Who finished second? I watched most of the race up until the time I had to leave to visit my friend from Washington and his family.
    I thought the race was actually pretty good up until that point. I was hoping Larson would win it.
    Larson spun his tires on the last restart, and JJ capitalized on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Kid, while watching the highlights I was disappointed that Yung Muny wasn't able to pull it out at the end, as well. However, if a dirt open wheel guy couldn't win it I'm happy JJ did.

Kyle was disappointed with 2nd at Dover but dispensed with the infantile nose picking, mic dropping display of childlike immaturity of the 2nd place driver at the post race press conference at Charlotte the week before.

Larson says racing a midget on dirt during the upcoming Indiana Midget Week will make him forget all about losing to Jimmie. I might just drive over to Gas City later this week and watch Kyle and Rico go at it!!

Here's what someone with class and manners says and does when they're disappointed in the outcome of a Cup race.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/gall...dy-know-060517

Maybe pee wee jr. could get some pointers on how to act from Larson, but I doubt it.

TSfan will certainly acknowledge JJ's greatness on here shortly!~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Jimmie Johnson tied Cale Yarborough's Cup win total of 83 with a hard fought victory at Dover Sunday afternoon. We are witnessing greatness that we haven't seen before and may well never see again in NASCAR Cup competition.

In addition to his superior driving, Jimmie's humility, manners and class represents a stark contrast to the foolish, childish, and yes, embarrassing nonsense we watched from the 2nd place finisher at the Coke 600 last week. It was embarrassing to all of auto racing. It is highly infrequent that we see Jimmie's exceptional talent and will to win coupled with such grace, humility and manners. Especially in NASCAR.

Congrats to Jimmie on achieving another milestone. We all are fortunate to be around to witness one of the sports greatest career's. Not only in racing but in all of sports.
    Can I get my rubber boots on first!

Its getting a little deep!

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Larson spun his tires on the last restart, and JJ capitalized on it.
    Thanks crewguy, when I left he was leading and thought it was going to come down to him or JJ.

Kid, while watching the highlights I was disappointed that Yung Muny wasn't able to pull it out at the end, as well. However, if a dirt open wheel guy couldn't win it I'm happy JJ did.

Kyle was disappointed with 2nd at Dover but dispensed with the infantile nose picking, mic dropping display of childlike immaturity of the 2nd place driver at the post race press conference at Charlotte the week before.

Larson says racing a midget on dirt during the upcoming Indiana Midget Week will make him forget all about losing to Jimmie. I might just drive over to Gas City later this week and watch Kyle and Rico go at it!!

Here's what someone with class and manners says and does when they're disappointed in the outcome of a Cup race.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/gall...dy-know-060517

Maybe pee wee jr. could get some pointers on how to act from Larson, but I doubt it.
    Yeah to bad he couldn't pull it off. I have to admit I never thought he would win in the Ganassi car but, he has proven me wrong. Not that Larson didn't have the talent but, I never thought the care was good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    TSfan will certainly acknowledge JJ's greatness on here shortly!~!!!
    Yep, he will. And with the next breath he'll tell us how great and virtuous pee wee jr. is.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post

Stats are stats and they clearly indicate we're seeing the most successful career of any driver in NASCAR's modern era.

Yep, he will. And with the next breath he'll tell us how great and virtuous pee wee jr. is.Stats are stats and they clearly indicate we're seeing the most successful career of any driver in NASCAR's modern era.
    Basically his teams laptop computer tells him when to put a little better than the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    Basically his teams laptop computer tells him when to put a little better than the other teams.
    When to pit. He should be fast anyway, he's Rick Johnson's cousin.

Stats are stats and they clearly indicate we're seeing the most successful career of any driver in NASCAR's modern era.
    With an * beside all those titles. Old school baby!!!
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    When to pit. He should be fast anyway, he's Rick Johnson's cousin.
    They all have lap tops, it's just that some teams use them better than others. The reason Dale Inman has 8 Cup Championships with 2 drivers is because he could make the right calls at the right time. Some are better at it than others and that separates the winners from the losers. I'm not familiar with Rick Johnson but if he's related to Jimmie he's probably got some solid racing genes going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Can't take issue with the * beside the championships. As I've said many, many times before I am not a proponent of gimmicks but everyone races under the same rules package.................Oh wait. I must stand corrected. The recipient of the 2015 "Cup championship" didn't race in accordance with the rules everyone else raced. The rules were changed to accommodate the "champion" to not race in 11 races, or 1/3 of the season. How big of an asterisk should he have next to his name in the record book? I dare say a really big one!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    X 2^^^^^^......don't need no GIMMICKS!

X 2^^^^^^......don't need no GIMMICKS!
    I'm with you guys 100%. Gimmicks suck. But, with that said JJ has won 7 championships under 4 different points systems so he's adapted pretty well. I also believe that had the pre-2004 system stayed in place JJ would have multiple Cup Titles. He may not have 7 but he'd have several.

I'm with you guys 100%. Gimmicks suck. But, with that said JJ has won 7 championships under 4 different points systems so he's adapted pretty well. I also believe that had the pre-2004 system stayed in place JJ would have multiple Cup Titles. He may not have 7 but he'd have several.
    I don't take anything away from him or any other driver, inc Bushy! They won their titles by the current rules, just not my cup of tea!

Ima Chevy guy and a huge Gordon fan.....so its a win anyways! I hope Chase can carry the torch!

I don't take anything away from him or any other driver, inc Bushy! They won their titles by the current rules, just not my cup of tea!
    I get the gist of what you're saying 25 and don't disagree except for 2015. The rules were most definitely different for pee wee jr. than they were originally written and applied to all other competitors. The rules had been altered for certain drivers in the past, as well. Brian Vickers and Stewart were considered "special circumstance" cases prior to '15 but it still doesn't make it right and I feel the same about them as I do pee wee. They either have rules or they don't and obviously they will alter them in during the season so it's evident that their rules don't really mean anything.

I would love to see Kyle Larson win a Cup Championship but if he won it under similar circumstances as the 2015 "champion *" I'd feel exactly the same way.

That's for sure! It was so refreshing to watch the Indy 500 with the lead changes and very quick clean ups after the yellow came out. I kept thinking that after each lead change that a 10 minute debris yellow would be displayed as in a Nascar race but they kept a runnin wide open !

Just lay down as you like swimming in it! smh
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Just lay down as you like swimming in it! smh
    Yes we are swimming in it if your around... neck deep..lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

They all have lap tops, it's just that some teams use them better than others. The reason Dale Inman has 8 Cup Championships with 2 drivers is because he could make the right calls at the right time. Some are better at it than others and that separates the winners from the losers. I'm not familiar with Rick Johnson but if he's related to Jimmie he's probably got some solid racing genes going for him.Can't take issue with the * beside the championships. As I've said many, many times before I am not a proponent of gimmicks but everyone races under the same rules package.................Oh wait. I must stand corrected. The recipient of the 2015 "Cup championship" didn't race in accordance with the rules everyone else raced. The rules were changed to accommodate the "champion" to not race in 11 races, or 1/3 of the season. How big of an asterisk should he have next to his name in the record book? I dare say a really big one!
    Ok I say a BIG one.. actually two of em. That was the last year I watched NASCRAP. I like Kyle but he didnt deserve the title. Im from the old school when it comes to racing. Carburation over fuel injection any day