FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 5, 2017

Howard Moore Makes History on Saturday Night

Memphis, Tennessee (06/05/17) – Howard Moore enjoyed a great night of racing on Saturday evening at St. Francois County Raceway (Farmington, Missouri). By the time that the final checkered flag of the night had dropped, the 20-year-old from Memphis had made history.

Not only did the pilot of the Lawn Jox #40 Maxim Chassis Sprint Car get his first win of 2017, but he also scored his first-career 410 c.i. Sprint Car feature win.

Even better, he simultaneously accomplished both feats in thrilling fashion.

Despite a late-afternoon rain shower, the program moved forward at the clay oval as a solid field of 26 entries set their sights on topping the night's feature event.

After winning his heat race from the 3rd-starting position, Howard advanced from 5th to 3rd in the dash, which locked him into the 3rd-starting spot for the feature.

During the race's first half, Howard battled for the 2nd position before ultimately taking control of the spot as he began to focus on erasing the straightaway lead held by Joey Montgomery.

As the duo worked through lapped traffic, Howard began catching Montgomery. Exiting the final corner on the final lap Moore made a daring move to claim the win by a matter of inches.

"It was an incredibly close finish, and I feel for Joey [Montgomery] because I know how bad it stings to come that close to winning," Howard said. "So many people helped make this win possible, and I can't thank them all enough for their support. Having my family in Victory Lane meant so much, and hopefully this is the first of many wins to come."

Full results from the events from the event are available at www.SFCRaceway.com .

Howard’s plans for the upcoming weekend are still up in the air as he is still waiting to get his 360 c.i. engine back from the builder. If it’s not ready in time for the weekend, Moore may resume action with his 410 c.i. Keep your browser pointed to www.HowardMooreRacing.com to stay abreast of the latest team plans.

Howard Moore would like to thank all of his sponsors including Lawn Jox, Stinson’s Industrial Senter Farms, Engler Machine & Tool, Ronnie’s Hot Rods, Spanky’s Hot Rods & Customs, ROCKHARD Power Coating, Momentum Racing Suspension, Hinchman Racewear, Mr. Roy Young, Mr. David Berryman, William & Dovie Huckaby SPEC Racing Engines, Dynamic Electric, Butlerbuilt, Huggins Cams, KDN Promotions, Swindell Bleeders, DGS Motorsports, Xtreme Race Graphics, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Howard Moore is always looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team as well as the latest news and updates, please visit www.HowardMooreRacing.com .