Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Top DLM Chassis Builders

Just in terms of the amount of chassis sold on a yearly basis, who are the top builders of today? I am pretty sure Rocket and Longhorn top the list with Black Diamond probably third, but what other companies sell a decent volume? There are a lot of quality manufacturers out there, but I am not sure there are many that sell the volume like CJ Rayburn,Barry Wright,Shaw,Warrior and Mastersbuilt did back in the day and Rocket & Longhorn do now.

If I were to guess I would say rocket is king, black diamond is second right now and then the rest. I see more rockets and black diamond cars than anything else.

Could we expect an upswing for bloomquist cars with the way 0 and McDowell are running?

Rocket easily sells the most. The other chassis builders seem to sell a lot in different regions. You see more Black Diamond in MO/IA area. Capital and Longhorn are more Southern. Based on the 300+ drivers that I have info on for 2017 it's Rocket 80, Longhorn 50, BD 42, Vidtory 19, Swartz, Pierce, Capital, Mastersbilt all between 10-15. That is mostly national and regional guys and a lot of those cars aren't new.

By the end of last season I had about 1000 chassis confirmed and the breakdown was similar.

Snake......good info. Thank you.

Obviously Rocket. There's 5-10 yr old cars out there somewhere winning still. The more people you have the more cars that can be built. Takes Bloomer forever to build a car by himself nor does he sell to everyone.

I was watching the replay of Friday nights East Bay winter Nationals and he mentioned in his victory lane interview about being late to events last year because he was busy working on customer cars and he was gonna try to avoid that this year. Hmmm.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 06-05-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Rocket is without question #1. The territory they cover is far outside regional area's. Many other builders are largely dependent on specific locations. Pierce, rayburn, swartz just to name a few are building as many cars as they want to build. Longhorn is starting to extend there dealer network to get more cars out there. Bloomer will never produce more that 10 cars max. Mastersbuilt used to have an extended dealer network but I believe that has deminished somewhat. BWRC are searching as is club 29 and a few more that are racing national series races.

Its mostly Rockets at my local tracks. Couple MBHs, a longhorn, swartz and pierce here and there.

Bloomquist. When he retires... they'll be no question as to what chassis is the best or the most sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Bloomquist. When he retires... they'll be no question as to what chassis is the best or the most sold!!
    Dont count on it POPS!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Top dirt late model chassis builder?

1 word. "ROCKET"
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Dont count on it POPS!
    Oh I do and you should too TROLL!

Oh I do and you should too TROLL!
    You are STOAT!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    You are STOAT!
    You are TROLL!!!

Now get in there and fix me some bbq chicken wings!! Chop Chop!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    he mentioned in his victory lane interview about being late to events last year because he was busy working on customer cars and he was gonna try to avoid that this year. Hmmm.
    Is that what the Kids are calling it these days

Now get in there and fix me some bbq chicken wings!! Chop Chop!!
    Put a sec. order in for me lol.. I wonder when he does retire and builds more. Will he make house car, If so who you think will be the wheelman behind it? Before Landers dad took him out the car, it might look he had his foot in the door for that.

From what I've seen around the Carolina's most everyone is in a Longhorn or Rocket with the scale being tipped either way depending on what track you're at. I'll see a random Capital pop up, a Black Diamond, or the occasional Swartz/Lazer/Barry Wright. Haven't seen a Bloomquist car in-person since last year. The last race I called down at Lavonia the top 5 was: Rocket ('09 at that), Longhorn, ICON, Mastersbilt, Longhorn so take that for what its worth.

I think part of why a lot of the guys in NC go Longhorn is because their right here in Trinity, NC. Local guys like being able to drive to the chassis builder within a reasonable distance.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Rocket is tops because Mark Richards understands business the best out of all of them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Rocket is what GRT was in the 90's or whomever was hot before that. Trends come and go and sheeple are fickle. Toyota builds more cars than anybody, but I'd rather have a Ferrari.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.