Default Please help! Ford truck

Hey guys I frequent here often but don't post.I don't know where else to look.2000 ford excursion v10 4x4143k milesStarted sputtering and not sounding good.Looked and one cool pack had broke and no longer functional .Unhooked it and truck runs great, sounds great but a little down on power but not very noticeable.Drove to advance got a new coil pack and installedStarted truck back up and it sounds terrible again.Unhooked it and it sounds find again.I don't have the tools to remove spark plug.Why would it run great with 9 cylinders but when putting the oil pack back on it runs like crap again?Thanks for any advice I know this isn't right section but no one at advance could help.

Sorry for typos I'm on phone.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/IMG_2221.jpg here ill make it a racing thread too

If its gas engine could be plug or wire. Check both. Not sure about diesel. Goggle it lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Swap plugs with that cylinder and another one and see if the misfire follows the plug or stays with the cylinder. Also check compression in that cylinder while you have the plug out .

It's a Ford. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    It's a Ford. What did you expect?
    Well, he probably didn't expect to junk it for scrap like several around here have had to do with their 1997 to 2011 Chevrolets because the cross members on the frame behind the cab had rusted apart even though the body still doesn't look half bad.

it running that bad missing it will be throwing a code plug or plug wire most likely towards rear of engine. happy hunting.