Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Test Sam! I bet you that sucker is high as a kite

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Remember....he voted for Christie....I mean Kasich! lol
    Pool, pond???? Pond would be good for the non voter.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Test Sam! I bet you that sucker is high as a kite
    Georgia pine maybe?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    You know this from your own experience it sounds
    Yes I have been drug tested for my job and never worried about passing a drug test so, yes from experience.

like I said if the drivers have nothing to worry about they will take a drug test.

Well you can test them now or test them later but the day will come your got to test them and if they were working a regular job you would get tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    But do they have that Doublemint smile?
    Not yet, they're usually rookies.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    only guilty people are scared of drug test. .
    ... and those of us old enough and wise enough to have seen power abused by companies and government. Repeatedly and regularly. If you want to blindly trust those in charge and believe your well being is their motivation for doing so, you go right ahead. Is your retirement account with a dude named Maddoff?

"I had no idea that top secret documents shouldn't be on my server at home."
    "I don't know why my assistant tried to wipe my hard-drive after you called."
    "My phone never rang, that's why I never sent support to Benghazi, besides that video is what caused it."

I would feel better about it if third party handled the sampling and testing, I'd rather not hand it off to a WRG stoog who may or may not have an axe to grind. What you don't realize is this situation isnt like a regular job. For one the drivers are independent businessmen, NOT employees. Two, this company is an entertainment venture with aspirations to be the next Nascar, thats what the guy does who started WRG, he builds companies and sells them to others. So if you rightly or wrongly smudge the image they are trying to convey, you run the risk of retaliation. Say they call you light at the scales and later you prove their scales were inaccurate. Or they penalize you some other way and you take them to court and prove not only they were wrong but tried to cover it up.

To me, the whole "tiregate" thing would've been easier to swallow had they handled things differently. When the drivers sued them and wanted their day in court, if WRG had been more open about things and handled things differently I could accept it. Instead their reaction was to close ranks and immediately put pressure on the drivers to back off. The banning them from competing was a message to them and everyone else not to question their authority. The addition of the drug testing rule that followed was to me another lever they could pull to intimidate and control people. To me the last 5 years of rules and decisions have either been made in ignorance, ineptitude or to seek greater control and 90% of them didn't even fully address the real issues that still exist. I agree at every job I've ever had I too never feared failing any drug test or that it might be manipulated with, but it wasn't the same kind of situation.

What we need is a drivers union or collaboration, where they band together to form their own schedule and rules. Hire someone to represent the group in lining up dates who works for the group. Set it up so that there are purses like now but instead of a sanction playing middleman and sucking up the profits, spread the fees evenly over the groups members. New racers can race after paying an entry fee, but you can't join the group or share in the fee profits till you run with the series either a set number of races or span of time. Something like that.
    Last edited by MaverickSprints; 06-08-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    ... and those of us old enough and wise enough to have seen power abused by companies and government. Repeatedly and regularly. If you want to blindly trust those in charge and believe your well being is their motivation for doing so, you go right ahead. Is your retirement account with a dude named Maddoff?

"I had no idea that top secret documents shouldn't be on my server at home."
    "I don't know why my assistant tried to wipe my hard-drive after you called."
    "My phone never rang, that's why I never sent support to Benghazi, besides that video is what caused it."

I would feel better about it if third party handled the sampling and testing, I'd rather not hand it off to a WRG stoog who may or may not have an axe to grind. What you don't realize is this situation isnt like a regular job. For one the drivers are independent businessmen, NOT employees. Two, this company is an entertainment venture with aspirations to be the next Nascar, thats what the guy does who started WRG, he builds companies and sells them to others. So if you rightly or wrongly smudge the image they are trying to convey, you run the risk of retaliation. Say they call you light at the scales and later you prove their scales were inaccurate. Or they penalize you some other way and you take them to court and prove not only they were wrong but tried to cover it up.

To me, the whole "tiregate" thing would've been easier to swallow had they handled things differently. When the drivers sued them and wanted their day in court, if WRG had been more open about things and handled things differently I could accept it. Instead their reaction was to close ranks and immediately put pressure on the drivers to back off. The banning them from competing was a message to them and everyone else not to question their authority. The addition of the drug testing rule that followed was to me another lever they could pull to intimidate and control people. To me the last 5 years of rules and decisions have either been made in ignorance, ineptitude or to seek greater control and 90% of them didn't even fully address the real issues that still exist. I agree at every job I've ever had I too never feared failing any drug test or that it might be manipulated with, but it wasn't the same kind of situation.

What we need is a drivers union or collaboration, where they band together to form their own schedule and rules. Hire someone to represent the group in lining up dates who works for the group. Set it up so that there are purses like now but instead of a sanction playing middleman and sucking up the profits, spread the fees evenly over the groups members. New racers can race after paying an entry fee, but you can't join the group or share in the fee profits till you run with the series either a set number of races or span of time. Something like that.
    Well to each is own I guess but, I wouldn't and haven't been afraid to take one. You have the right to go and take a drug test on your own at the same time if you don't trust them. You can ask the sanctioning body to have one of their representatives to go with you as a witness. I'm not talking about them going in the room just to a health facility and if they don't accommodate you then you can refuse to take the test.

to be fair if they are going to test it should be before the car goes thru tech.. or right before they let them hotlap/qualify...

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Well to each is own I guess but, I wouldn't and haven't been afraid to take one. You have the right to go and take a drug test on your own at the same time if you don't trust them. You can ask the sanctioning body to have one of their representatives to go with you as a witness. I'm not talking about them going in the room just to a health facility and if they don't accommodate you then you can refuse to take the test.
    You just go ahead a take a drug test and let ME carry it to the analysis room!!!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 06-09-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Well everybody talks about all the wrong things nascar does wrong but one thing they do right is you fail a drug test with them your gone and you want be back.

No matter how we look at it this. There are 79 drivers signed in tonight. Obviously none of them are worried about failing a drug test. They are there to put on a show. Lets see if we can enjoy what they are doing for all of us.....

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    No matter how we look at it this. There are 79 drivers signed in tonight. Obviously none of them are worried about failing a drug test. ...
    How did you reach this conclusion? Potheads and pill poppers show up for work almost everyday, secretly hoping they don't get "randomly" selected. I'll be waiting on pins and needles to see if Feger gets picked.

Read it again Mav. I never said any driver or or every driver was dirty, clean, or anything. I said obviously they don't care about failing and want to race. Lets enjoy the races.

Question Busted Troll perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by KBM18fan View Post
    Read it again Mav. I never said any driver or or every driver was dirty, clean, or anything. I said obviously they don't care about failing and want to race. Lets enjoy the races.
    Did you forget which login you used? I was addressing, "slmcrewchief99" is that you too?

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Did you forget which login you used? I was addressing, "slmcrewchief99" is that you too?
    LOL... Well done!

No, I knew it. I am breakin the law and texting and driving. Just got the other login back and I havent logged off on my phone.

I'm out of 4m suspension now. Maybe the hall monitors won't put me in the middle of someone else's b.s. and boot me off. I think I'm good now Mav. Except for textin and drivin. Lol

Welcome back scc99 w your original name lol. Now you behave u hear! Lol
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I hear ya SS. If I get booted again you can bet your back side I will deserve it. As of right now, I just want to race. It's been a hard year so far to say the least. I hope to be at the Mag next weekend. If I am, I may do a cartwheel. Lol