Thread: Gen1 Bert

Default Gen1 Bert

I'm rebuilding a Gen1 Bert and decided that the brake cup (BER62) needed to be replaced. Well when I ordered BER62, I was shipped BER61K which appears to be a part that replaces BER61, BER62, and BER63. Can anyone confirm that I am right about this before I put it back together?
    Tried Bert today but got voicemail.
    Thanks in advance.

Call Mason Racin they are the U.S Bert certified rebuilder. 330-674-1952

If you are talking about the Piston cup for the slave cylinder, I always just use one from the local auto parts house. I think it is 1-3/8". I know it will be way smaller than the one that came out.

Yes, the new design piston and o-ring replace the old style piston, cup, and spacer.

You can use the new design or pick up a cup at any part store for a couple of bucks. They are 1 3/8 inch.

So basically all I should be shoving back in the cylinder is the spring and the new piston (dual o-ring deal). Sounds like a winner. Thanks for the help guys!

I just picked up a new cup for mine at the local napa store for $2.50. It is smaller than the old one but has the exact same numbers and markings on it. The old one looks to be swelled and distorted. No way it would go back in the hole. I was having to pump the pedal to get any clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1 View Post
    I just picked up a new cup for mine at the local napa store for $2.50. It is smaller than the old one but has the exact same numbers and markings on it. The old one looks to be swelled and distorted. No way it would go back in the hole. I was having to pump the pedal to get any clutch.
    That's the same issue I was having. I finally got it crammed back in the hole but it was kind of wrinkled and crooked so I decided to replace it.
    Upon getting the BER61K superceding part, it is a much better design. It actually has two separate seals in it, one for the hydraulic side and one for the transmission side that are apparently different types of rubber. Having not even used it yet I can see that it is going to operate and maintain itself much better.

I haven't gotten mine bleed good yet but it seems like it is going to be doing the same thing. I may have other issues.