Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can Anyone Top Bloomquist's Eldora Win Record??

Bloomquist has an incredible record at Eldora in the Dream and The World. Is there any driver out there right now, that has the ability, time left, resources to top his record. Here is the win list for the Big 2 races at Eldora (plus the Million)

1. Bloomquist 10 (4 Worlds, 6 Dreams)
    2. Moyer 8 (6 Worlds, 2 Dreams)
    3. Moran 6 (4 Worlds, 1 Dream, 1 Million)
    4. Moore 3 (3 Worlds)
    5. Purvis 3 (3 Worlds)
    6. Owens 3 (2 Worlds, 1 Dream)
    7. Birkhoffer 2 (2 Worlds)
    8. McDowell 2 (1 World, 1 Dream)
    9. Clanton 2 (1 World, 1 Dream)
    10. Smith 2 (2 Dreams)
    11. Davenport 2 (1 World, 1 Dream)

An interesting thing on this list. Freddy Smith is the only Multiple time Winner to have not won the World.

The obvious answer is Bobby Pierce. At only 20 years old, he has one world 100 win. If he races for another 40 years, I could see him winning a few Worlds, and Dreams.

There's a lot of great young talent in late models. Pierce has the best shot for sure. If Richards figures Eldora out in the next couple years, he has a shot too. Sheppard is capable of winning 100 lappers, it's only matter of time before he starts picking them up at Eldora, too. Devin Moran is finally in elite level equipment, he's got a shot, too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

As the car counts continue to shrink and super DLM becomes more of a national event-only deal, these records will become more achievable in the future.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    As the car counts continue to shrink and super DLM becomes more of a national event-only deal, these records will become more achievable in the future.
    In the words on Metallica, "Sad, but true".
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

Mastersbilt , so you assert that having less Bryan Gray types at the world is going to make the world easier to win ? The fast guys are getting faster. You don't have to beat the random locals to win the world you have to beat the professionals.

I think I kind of understand what Mastersbilt is getting at. If you have to run a gauntlet of 100 cars to get into the race, any mistake could cost you a chance at even racing. If the car counts are lower, there is more margin for error to get it. And Eldora is historically one of those places that to be in it, means you have a shot to win, if you get your car right.

Whoever bloomquist decides to put in a house car when he retires.

joshroth14 Guest

Bloomquist will still add a few more to that list. Hes got another 10-12 big races at Eldora left.

Quote Originally Posted by joshroth14 View Post
    Bloomquist will still add a few more to that list. Hes got another 10-12 big races at Eldora left.
    I dont doubt that. How many more years do u think Bloomer will race? He sure doesnt seem to be slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Mastersbilt , so you assert that having less Bryan Gray types at the world is going to make the world easier to win ? The fast guys are getting faster. You don't have to beat the random locals to win the world you have to beat the professionals.
    I like how you say " Brian gray types" , when you are one yourself......hilarious.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The answer to the original question is , NO......not ever.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I like how you say " Brian gray types" , when you are one yourself......hilarious.
    That gave me a good chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by joshroth14 View Post
    I agree. I could see him getting to 15. Tying Billy for Globes and putting the Dream out of reach.

With the way last year went down, I wont say I'm predicting it, but I wouldn't be surprised at a clean sweep this year.

I too laugh at the Gray jab.

But, no, the loss of Matt Miller types, Darren Miller types, Birky types makes the win much more doable. The creep of the fields to include more cars has helped as well. And yes, I know Matt Miller is still racing.

We are working our way toward the day that 25 cars show up for these events. Flame on!
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 06-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

One day... maybe.... but I doubt it. Hes got more to win before hes done
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Actually Jack Hewitt has 3 times the wins (around 30) bloomy has at Eldora driving 6 completely different types of racecars, including late models. Ol' Bloomy is gonna' have to pick up the pace just a bit if he's gonna' match those numbers.

Jack has won driving:

Silver Crown
    Wingless 410 Sprints
    Winged 410 Sprints
    Midgets
    Dirt Late Models &
    Mortifieds

I think the topic was strictly based on The Dream and The World

Yes, the topic was based on those 2 Crown Jewel Dirt Late Model Races (and the million which was essentially the Dream that year).
    Jack Hewitt may have won a bunch, but his name is nowhere to be found on the World or Dream win list. You'd think if he were that awesome, he'd have at least one of them, once.

Hewitt started 2 dreams with a best finish of 18th, and Started 6 Worlds with an average finish of 15.8

Not Mastersbilt......but aren't you 0-1 versus the "Bryan Gray types"?