Default The Dream / Pay per view

Anyone else watching the races at home ? 2 hour drive one each way .... IMO I have a better seat to enjoy the show ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Absolutely, every night!

Not the same as being there, but pretty close with a big screen and surround sound!

Now, if I could only get the wife to throw some dirt on me, as the cars go by!

Why purchase the internet PPV or even attend when you can watch it for free on Periscope and/or Facebook Live?

I've got a close friend who is a huge race fan that seldom goes to races anymore and never buys the internet PPV due to free broadcasts on the two services I mentioned above. I don't know how much promoters and PPV providers are losing but I suspect it's more than we might think. I know of a few others who are doing the same thing. I'm surprised more efforts haven't been made to curtail race pirating.

It was rumored that Peoria Speedway cracked down on it but don't know if it's true or not.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-08-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Why purchase the internet PPV or even attend when you can watch it for free on Periscope and/or Facebook Live?

I've got a close friend who is a huge race fan that seldom goes to races anymore and never buys the internet PPV due to free broadcasts on the two services I mentioned above. I don't know how much promoters and PPV providers are losing but I suspect it's more than we might think. I know of a few others who are doing the same thing. I'm surprised more efforts haven't been made to curtail race pirating.

It was rumored that Peoria Speedway cracked down on it but don't know if it's true or not.
    I watch the race at Fairbury a few weeks ago on facebook. I wasn't looking for it but was on facebook and I happened to come across it.

Ok ...So last night I was talking to a buddy who lives out in the sticks ....We were both watching the race & his connection was 3-4 laps ahead of mine .... I was wondering if maybe I was going thru dirt on dirts web site & he was going thru eldora's site ? I thought I had a darn good connection ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Ok ...So last night I was talking to a buddy who lives out in the sticks ....We were both watching the race & his connection was 3-4 laps ahead of mine .... I was wondering if maybe I was going thru dirt on dirts web site & he was going thru eldora's site ? I thought I had a darn good connection ....
    I've noticed race monitor is usually 2-3 laps ahead of dod too. They must have some lag time built in.