Thread: lr hike

Default lr hike

What are ways to get more hike. Dw11 chassis, 4 bar. As stated before new to the mod class, what adjustments in general can i make to get more hike

What do you mean more? If you lengthen your chain youll get more unless your running too stiff of a spring and its becoming unloaded but even then most likely with the right bar angles and index it will hike till it hits the chain with no spring, I know Ive seen a mod win a race with the lr slider all bent up and spring hanging free basically. didnt effect him much cus he was so smooth and didnt ever really let the car down off the bars

Running a 175 16" in the lr and a 175 13" in rr, running 30.5 degrees bar angle on the lr upper at rideheight, and 13 degree on the lower, i cant get any more angle out of the lower because im in the top hole already. My car currently does not have a chain on the lr, i am in the process of putting one on it. Generally speaking what changes promotes hike, more angle in the j bar? More angle in the links? Bite?

Are those bar angles at full drop or ride height? Too much for ride height and not enough for full drop.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Those bar angles are at rh

I would drop both left side bars. The top down 20-24 degrees and the lower to 4-8 degrees at ride height. I bet the excessive bar angle is causing the birdcage to bind and not drop any further.

Thanks for your reply, i will give it a try.

I agree with Confused?. Having that much angle in your bars is killing your hike/drop. Hold a pencil in front of you flat and let go of one end. Now, do the same thing but with the pencil at a 45* agree. The flat bar will allow the most drop, and the bar with angle walks forward instead of dropping. What's your reason for wanting more drop?

I understand what you are saying, the car feels flat and i was just wondering what changes i could make to change that,

What LR shock are you running?

Bsb, alot of compression, very little rebound

Front of axle or behind? On birdcage or clamped?

Shock in front, coil over behind

Did any of these suggestions help your concerns?

Question for Confused?

If the LR top bar is 20* at RH what degree should it be when the chain stops the travel?

I'm struggling with same issues as racer22. My top bar is 27 at RH and traveled to 47 when the chain stopped. Was this an issue?

That depends on the amount of drop and the lower bar angle. The more split between the bars cause more indexing. My last four bar car would bind the birdcage when the top bar hit 51 degrees. It would not drop any farther. I would go over 45-46 at full drop but that's me. Some go more and some go less. Too much angle can create too much rollsteer and possibly unload the LR tire.