Thread: GWC-Yay or Nay?

Default GWC-Yay or Nay?

First off I want to say my favorite NASCAR driver and the only reason I pay any attention to Cup racing is Kyle Larson. The reasons are many and have been stated more than once.

That having been said there are grumblings among the NASCAR faithful that are finding huge fault with the present overtime protocol used to finish Cup races. It seems that the Larson faithful feel as if multiple victories have been stolen away from him due to the GWC policy. It would appear young Kyle isn't as good on the restarts as he needs to be. As most know I'm not, nor have I ever been, a proponent of gimmicks and the GWC policy is a gimmick which originated as a knee jerk reaction to Earnhardt Jr. losing to Jeff Gordon in the days when races were completed at their advertised distance under yellow.

Now, the question is this, should NASCAR make another knee jerk decision to go back to ending races at their advertised distance because the perceived beneficiary of the most recent overtime situation is a driver that is hated by some? If the driver who gets a shot at the win, and in fact wins was pee wee jr. would the grumblings be as prevalent or would it just be a situation where pee wee is perceived as being better on restarts?

Is it yay or nay on GWC race finish's?

Well dirt races don't end other caution either... I don't think they should count caution laps under 15-10 laps to go

Another thing for Californians to cry about.
    Last edited by balljoint; 06-09-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Nay............................................... .................................

I tend to agree, Kid. The GWC thing was instituted to appease a portion of inbred "fans" that were incited to chuck full cans of beer at Jeff Gordon's car as a result of him winning races under caution. Most often this beer can chucking discontent took place in Alabama and Illinois.

The grumbling of Larson fans on social media and other places will probably not reverse the GWC. However, I find it interesting and a bit hypocritical that this phenomenon is taking place after all these years.

It's a safe bet that the grumbling may have more to do with "who's ox is being gored" than disenchantment with the gimmick itself. The Jimmie Johnson haters find themselves in the same position as the Trump haters. It's all fun and games until the guy they hate wins, fair and square. LOL!!

Yay....I wanna see the racer earn it!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I tend to agree, Kid. The GWC thing was instituted to appease a portion of inbred "fans" that were incited to chuck full cans of beer at Jeff Gordon's car as a result of him winning races under caution. Most often this beer can chucking discontent took place in Alabama and Illinois.

The grumbling of Larson fans on social media and other places will probably not reverse the GWC. However, I find it interesting and a bit hypocritical that this phenomenon is taking place after all these years.

It's a safe bet that the grumbling may have more to do with "who's ox is being gored" than disenchantment with the gimmick itself. The Jimmie Johnson haters find themselves in the same position as the Trump haters. It's all fun and games until the guy they hate wins, fair and square. LOL!!
    Yeah that was a sad day for racing. I remember that day vividly. Throughout the race they count caution laps no reason not to count the last lap under caution.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Yay....I wanna see the racer earn it!
    I think your the inbred CIRF was talking about lol. Just kidding CIRF

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I think your the inbred CIRF was talking about lol. Just kidding CIRF
    Nahhhh....couldn't stand that 3 car!

Count me as a nay also.

Said the chatboard brat!!!

I believe that if you have to start the race under green then you have to finish the under green. As it was mentioned any caution under 15-20 laps should be counted green flag racing only. Larsons is young and he'll figure it out
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Nahhhh....couldn't stand that 3 car!
    25, actually I was speaking of Earnhardt Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I believe that if you have to start the race under green then you have to finish the under green. As it was mentioned any caution under 15-20 laps should be counted green flag racing only. Larsons is young and he'll figure it out
    dd45, I have mixed feelings regarding the final laps being green only. The USAC Silver Crown races run on 1/2 miles such as Terre Haute, Indiana and Williams Grove, Pennsylvania they count and score the yellow flag laps up to lap 75. From lap 76 to 100 only green flag laps are counted and scored. It seems to work pretty well but obviously there are no pit stops involved (thank God) with the Silver Crown deal.

Like I said before, the high anxiety and consternation over the GWC didn't surface until Jimmie became the perceived beneficiary of a couple overtime restarts and at that time the long knives started coming out from the haters. LOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-10-2017 at 08:30 AM.