Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dream qualifying format needs tweaked

It seems as if the fastest cars are the ones who go out early, if you go out later you are pretty much hosed. I know people will say oh well they take 5 from the heat and if you're fast you can race your way in. The problem is you get points for qualifying so unfortunately it does affect things. I don't know what the solution is unless you just group into 8 heats and you qualify against your heat.

Back when you hot lapped, qualified and heat raced with your group was the most fair system

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback29A1 View Post
    Back when you hot lapped, qualified and heat raced with your group was the most fair system
    If that isn't the format they use now, which it doesn't seem to be, that's dumb. You're right, that's the best format, the one you mentioned.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Yes, a couple of seconds slower from the first group to the last group. If you qualified late, it sucked to be you.

The format creates passing and entertainment. If you don't like passing then attend a Ray Cook race . There are already too many boring formats out there. At the end of the day the creme rose to the top in every race.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 06-09-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The format creates passing and entertainment. If you don't like passing then attend a Ray Cook race . There are already too many boring formats out there. At the end of the day the creme rose to the top in every race.
    I like passing too. The problem I have is they award points for qualifying so why should a guy who goes out late get screwed by a slow track?? Casey Roberts will get a provisional for the race for fast time prov and he was the 1st car out on Thursday and he hasn't done much since. So he gets a provisional from drawing early in qualifying.

If you really want to create passing, then go to a passing points system.

I thought the idea of racing was to be the fastest....not get penalized for it!

The format is fine. The organizing heats by random pull drawn creates really stacked heats and really slow heats which is more unfair.

The format creates passing, lol. Their old format of qualifying with your heat, and racing within your heat, which had an invert, was great.

Plainly obvious you've never worked on a car or know the money and dedication involved. They invert the heat, then you make it through that, and they turn around and do another big invert in a 25 lap race. What's the point of working your a$$ off to win a heat when some gimmick is going to fuk you for the feature and put someone who got third in their heat or whatever on the pole of the feature?

It's a sh!tty gimmick, and I always like how people come back with some retarded argument, go watch a Ray Cook race. Obviously no one wants that sh!t, but what they have gone to is overboard the other way.

Creating racing with gimmicks isn't racing. Prep the track, since the track changes, you qualify with your heat, invert that a few, and your reward for winning your heat that you raced to win is you start up front. Not get fuked by another lottery ticket.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Exactly, well said.

No matter which format you use, the pill is always drawn so it just depends on how good of a number you drew. Sometimes a higher number is actually better. As a fan, I do not like passing points because when I watch a heat race, I like to know who transfers. I do not think there is any evidence that passing points creates more passing. I do think it causes more wrecks, but no evidence of that either. Not a huge fan of multiple groups either because it has the ability of creating uneven heat races. I guess I like the WoO the best with just two groups. Seems to be the best of all worlds. Bottom line is don't blame the pill draw. It usually is the most important aspect of the night though.

Awarding points for qualifying is what makes the current system flawed. If they are going to stick with the current way they are doing it, they need to eliminate those points or do it by groups somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Very true. If going to have this point system make it right. If a guy wins from the pole he should be rewarded with the most points.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Very true. If going to have this point system make it right. If a guy wins from the pole he should be rewarded with the most points.
    Now I gotta admit, that is not how I'd do it. If you started sixth or so and won a heat, then you get max points, not pole and win max points.

I don't have a problem with the WOO procedure. Heat race winners redraw for their feature starting spot.

I think they should practice, qualify, and heat race in the same group!

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I'm all for it! Pull pills and use passing points.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    I thought the idea of racing was to pass other cars. Race fans want to see cars pass each other. If you want a race where the fastest car starts on the pole and leads every lap. Go to any racetrack in the south. There are plenty of empty seats because of it
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

I'm all for it! Pull pills and use passing points.
    Passing points are great. Pulling pills instead of qualifying is ridiculous, your whole line up order based on a lottery ticket and luck is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc88D View Post
    I thought the idea of racing was to pass other cars. Race fans want to see cars pass each other. If you want a race where the fastest car starts on the pole and leads every lap. Go to any racetrack in the south. There are plenty of empty seats because of it
    I thought the idea of racing...is be the first car to get the CHECKERED FLAG!

Passing cars will put a racer in the poor house....besides that can be done on the way to and from the races!