Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dream night #2

What happened with Overton?

The O show might be a no show tomorrow night in the feature.He's really struggled the last 2 nights.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    Tracks awesome.... And it's nice to see the Smooth Operator going backwards both nights. Hopefully that trend keeps going! 
    How do you call a 20 plus second per lap at Eldora a good track??? It's like watching Nascrap at Daytona with minute and half laps. Not awesome at all if not under 18 seconds at feature time.Been to Eldora many times and saw faster laps in the Bomber class.

Quote Originally Posted by racingumpire View Post
    How do you call a 20 plus second per lap at Eldora a good track??? It's like watching Nascrap at Daytona with minute and half laps. Not awesome at all if not under 18 seconds at feature time.Been to Eldora many times and saw faster laps in the Bomber class.
    I agree. 17-18 second laps is acceptable. Last night seemed like slow motion racing. The way guys were pushing in the corners was crazy. If it's like that for the 100 lapper,look out.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I agree. 17-18 second laps is acceptable. Last night seemed like slow motion racing. The way guys were pushing in the corners was crazy. If it's like that for the 100 lapper,look out.
    Personally, I like the big cushion, knock the rr quarter panel off racing. With mad slide jobs and those making the bottom work.

But, in saying that, the attrition was very high, and the racing probably is better overall with a slower track, but less exciting in my opinion when they are on a skating rink. But, after I just watched the racing from Friday night, it was pretty good.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 06-10-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I prefer a track with a little character myself but, I'm ok with a dry slick as long a the racing is good and last night it wasn't to bad.

I like it dry slick like it was last night. It makes for better racing and gives the guys with less HP a chance. Just my opinion.

I like it dry slick like it was last night. It makes for better racing and gives the guys with less HP a chance. Just my opinion.

Watched PPV I thought it was a good night of racing. Winners were running all different lines. No apparent advantage to run top, middle or bottom imo. I enjoy a heavy track also but with three complete nights of racing it's better this way on equipment and motors. Chassis setup is going to win the dream. Not necessarily who can bang the cushion and throw their car around.

Default agreed

thought same thing track not as good as it could be. its definatly a bloomer, lanigan, mcdowell type of track.

Longer race tonight going to be interesting who can catch bloomer. If they hit right set up or there grove comes in they might have something.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

someone posted heat lineups in another thread.. they look great

Now that's nailing it. I don't get some of these fans. They could watch turtles i guess.

The track is capable of laps in the 14's at it's best, so it once again did look like a slow motion skating rink. But since there was passing that tickled the dryslick fans.

I like a heavy track where the setup gurus and cheaters don't have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    The track is capable of laps in the 14's at it's best, so it once again did look like a slow motion skating rink. But since there was passing that tickled the dryslick fans.

I like a heavy track where the setup gurus and cheaters don't have an advantage.
    I like it when you don't need a new widebore.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Well the track should have traction. Maybe there should be a horsepower rule that could make it more affordable. If enforced properly.

I agree the cars looked slow but at least there was some passing going on, same way last year for the World. Im with Clayton, let's see some water a cushion and some hammer down racing.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I like when the drivers have to master the right foot!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post

As I was watching the race monitor last night, and the times kept getting slower and slower and slower, I thought, I wonder if Clayton is watching this nonsense.
    I like a heavy track too. I can understand a happy medium but last night was a big step in one direction. If the track plays out like that tonight, they might be running 30 second laps by the time they reach 100
    8/13/16

As I was watching the race monitor last night, and the times kept getting slower and slower and slower, I thought, I wonder if Clayton is watching this nonsense.
    I like a heavy track too. I can understand a happy medium but last night was a big step in one direction. If the track plays out like that tonight, they might be running 30 second laps by the time they reach 100
    Last night is the very reason I quit going after 35 years I just lost interest in skating events. Even if it rains they have the track so compacted that this is still what you get. 900 HP cars feather footing and depending on a good chassis setup to succeed or just take a 50 mile drive. I just don't have to support it anymore.

It takes a lot more than driving talent to win this game.