Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    15k people waiting for the feature to start and we had to watch screaming Ben Shelton walk up to every single car and ask who wanted to see them win, that was painful and a waste of time.
    I wondered exactly the same thing. The drivers had already been introduced and someone decides they all need to be introduced......................again.

It can't be compared to an asphalt track if it was dry slick.

Asphalt has more traction than dirt. So if you were going to compare a dirt track to asphalt, that track would be a tacky track, not a dry slick one.

For the part of the camera shots of all the drivers, they were all buckling in. Any other complaints?

We can complain all we want but at the end of the day, they race on what is given them. I like tracks that are in between dry slick and hammer down. The best are the ones that can make a good cushion, low side for the Catfish and a smooth center for those that excel at that line. When one of these groves is missing, it handicaps a group of racers. We had a good center for this race, about 25 laps of cushion and bottom feeders had a hard time because of the push. The dust has been at Big E from the first time I was there in the early 70s. It's not good for people with breathing problems or new fans.The dust bowl at the premiere track in the country, could be the last one they ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    For the part of the camera shots of all the drivers, they were all buckling in. Any other complaints?
    Nope, no other complaints. The 2 driver intro's within 5 minutes of each other is plenty legit enough. The way the announcer's/yeller's were talking it seemed they wanted again to incite the crowd so they could hear the cheers and/or boo's for certain drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmagnet View Post
    It's been sunny and hot all week man
    That's no excuse. It would have bee just the same if it was cooler weather. Spare the disc and water truck and spoil the track.

Don't see them making ANY changes unless the fans actually stay home.

I was happy to see the extra track prep/delay because I was running low.

Perfect time for a cooler fill up and a couple Camels.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Congrats to Bloomquist, Mission Accomplished.
    Loved the track conditions, perfect surface that rewards driving and setup over horsepower, just the way I like it. Great racing, lots of passing, dicing, multi-groove, you couldn't ask for anything more.
    I'm a Bloomquist fan, but I hate to see races like this that depend on setups where a car sticks a little better than the others and therefore just a little less feather footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Here's a quick shot of what they use at Tri-State....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BNWSGBNors
    Thank you. That's good track prep!!

"I'm a Bloomquist fan, but I hate to see races like this that depend on setups where a car sticks a little better than the others and therefore just a little less feather footing." ........im confused then what would you like to see determine the race????? If setup and driver running the throttle are taken out of the mix, then whats next motor??

Quote Originally Posted by slingindirt83 View Post
    "I'm a Bloomquist fan, but I hate to see races like this that depend on setups where a car sticks a little better than the others and therefore just a little less feather footing." ........im confused then what would you like to see determine the race????? If setup and driver running the throttle are taken out of the mix, then whats next motor??
    You are not getting what I said by any means.

The driver need to use the throttle not feather foot on a skating rink like that. Tacky clay rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Dry Slick= dont give a $hit about Fans...
    Most fans just want to see good racing. It doesn't matter if it's dryslick or tacky wet. You're in the minority.

Dry slick tracks are a lot slower that wet tacky track your not going to break a track record on a dry slick track I can look at the time trials and tell if the track is any count.i like the speed.