Default M30 Hoosier on dry slick?

For those already running it what are your observations. Tried them and found car had less bite and less side bite. Perhaps we missed the setup some. Just curious whats others have experienced so far.

how many lap race was it? what type track what part of the race did they start giving up? we where thinking of trying the m30's hoosiers wonder how they would do. can u give info on the questions i've asked?

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    how many lap race was it? what type track what part of the race did they start giving up? we where thinking of trying the m30's hoosiers wonder how they would do. can u give info on the questions i've asked?
    20 laps, but seems like tires never build up bite, were not very hot after race either. seems like they never really bite from the start. seem like they lack side bite as well, big difference. Ran A40S with no issues, same car same setup......track was super dry and taking on rubber.
    will scale car and check for other issues in case but so far only thing different was new M30 UMP tire and does not seem like they are helping.
    Last edited by shockmod3x; 06-11-2017 at 09:42 AM.

The new m30 and m60 fu@$* suck
    Same thing I am experiencing with them all this year.
    Last year ,I was not to say dominant, but I had more than 50% win ratio. Car started off same as I had it last year, and I have yet to get it the I want it. Tires feel dry, and no forward traction, and lack side bite
    Just my 2 cents
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

thanks Just Dirt, this was my first time on them and car did not feel even close the what is was on A40S. Hoosier is claiming its the same compound , but I am finding that hard to believe. Also looking at tires I can see tearing, which again I did NOT see last year on the A40S

The harder more ridged edge of old tire helped side bite.
    The super chain link pattern has more edges for forward traction.
    If they would let us groove and sipe them they would be a lot better tire.

are you running all 4 or mixing them. The M series tires are considerably shorter. Cant go by chalk mark. General rule, inflated size is 1 1/2 inches smaller than chalk. If only running on one corner, or side could be changing percentages by a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Fox_hunter42 View Post
    are you running all 4 or mixing them. The M series tires are considerably shorter. Cant go by chalk mark. General rule, inflated size is 1 1/2 inches smaller than chalk. If only running on one corner, or side could be changing percentages by a bunch
    this is accurate ! DO NOT go by chalk marks from Hoosier on tires. have a tire now thats marked 87.5, real measurement is 84.....so 3 inches shorter than marked. In general yes M30 is way shorter. 2nd tire is marked 85, reality is 83.....check em close.

I have been running all 4
    the 27.5's are the same heights as my 26.5 old style tries

The m tire needs more air pressure. Start with 4psi more than you ran before. I know it sounds backwards, but its a fact.

even on the LR?
    we have to run the M60 or H at the tracks I run on the RR

The LR don't need as much. I would recommend starting at 11 in the LR. Then go up until you have a scrub pattern that is even across the tire.

hoosier has posted recommended pressures on their website. You will be amazed at what they suggest.

i have tried those as well. I thought car was worse with the increased tire pressure.

2nd that motion - They Suck ! Everybody belly aching about the old tires so they changed them ! They don't wear bad tho . Mostly because they have no grip . They will be a Tire dopers delight . Loved the AS tire . Enjoy
    The Blacksheep cometh ! With old bent sh!t that just keeps getting faster !