Thread: AMS Recap

Default AMS Recap

I was fortunate to be able to attend 4 of the 6 races of this year's tour. Some observations:

> The support of both drivers & fans all week was pretty strong. From a high of 55 cars at Hagerstown to a low of 24 cars at Williams Grove
    > 6 of the 7 scheduled races were held with only Path Valley falling victim to rain
    > It was nice to see drivers from Virginia, Walker Arthur, and North Carolina, GR Smith run some of the races
    > Rick Eckert ran three shows getting two wins and a second
    > Jeff Rine and Jason Covert battled for the point championship all week with Rine taking the title after winning last night at Selinsgrove where he is a 12 time track champion
    > Regular Susquehanna Speedway announcer Dave Hare was the announcer for the series. He did a fantastic job, was a wealth of information and is very underrated, but was much appreciated
    > Car Counts:
    Hagerstown 55, Susquehanna 43, Bedford 33, Port Royal 39, Williams Grove 24, Selinsgrove 32

Overall a very enjoyable Speedweek. Looking forward to the 2018 version.

Kurt and Jason and their support crew always put on a great tour. It's more about the fans and the racers than anything else. I'm sorry I didn't get to any of the shows this year, I always had fun weather we were racing or just spectating. You will not find a better announcer than Dave Hare. Dave knows stuff the drivers don't know about themselves.