Default No Lucas Oil race at LaSalle in 2019.

Per LaSalle FB page: "First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for their support for the last 28 years of the LaSalle Speedway. As we look to the future, we want you to know we appreciate all the interest and suggestions so many of you have had towards us going to a weekly racing program, unfortunately at this time we wanted to let everyone know as soon as possible so they can look at other options that a weekly race program is not going to be able to happen this year. Also, Unfortunately in 2019 for the first time in 14 years we will not be hosting a Lucas Oil Late Model dirt car series event. However, once again I would like to thank everyone including Rick Schwallie and his entire staff for the opportunity and working relationship over the past 14 years. These decisions have allowed me to explore several other options for not only the speedway but myself and I’m very excited as to what direction these options may allow us to do at the speedway in the future. I’m hoping to be able to share more info real soon, thanks again to everyone who has supported us and thank you to the ones that didn’t support us or choose to not support us anymore you motivate me to make you want to change your choice !!!Trying to make dirt racing great again !!#motivatedpromoter"
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Adios lasalle speedway. RIP

Shocking.....

trying to make dirt racing great again#movivatedpromoter ?? ok

I'd rather see a promoter keep digging then shut down. Just my thoughts.
    There are a lot of options out there. You don't always need a Lucas or WOO race to survive. The Bill Waite Jr. Memorial the past year was a good show. There are a bunch of options for Tony to look at to put on shows.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Was this what was holding up the Lucas schedule?

I wonder that too

They were probably never on the schedule to begin with.

Repercussions after pulling the plug last minute on that big two day show? The Thaw Brawl is already posted as a Lucas Oil MLRA show. That's still on, just no main tour stop? I wish them well. LaSalle is a favorite Track.

Could it be an opportunity to go unsanctioned for a bigger event or two? Some here thinks that’s a good route to go. Hard to find a window in the schedules but we could always hope.
    I hate time trials.

You can only Pi$$ off a lot of people so meany times and it comes back to bite you. They are Done.

Support the track while you can...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by SHOESTRING TRVLR View Post
    trying to make dirt racing great again#movivatedpromoter ?? ok
    By not racing????? uzzled:

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Repercussions after pulling the plug last minute on that big two day show? The Thaw Brawl is already posted as a Lucas Oil MLRA show. That's still on, just no main tour stop? I wish them well. LaSalle is a favorite Track.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. That is exactly why they did not get a Lucas Oil Show for next year.

When you lease a suite and then cancel a show after the suite holders buy a lot of beer and then not let them take the beer with them you have a problem.