Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Davenport

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    JD went on and off like a dam light switch. What people are saying is right! You're wrong.

Prior to Rumley... Average. After Rumley... Below average! Period!!
    Prior to Rumley he was top 5 in points for most of his rookie season on Lucas Oil tour with CBR/Barry Wright. I know your an, "agent provocateur" so I won't bother responding to anymore of your prodding.
    Good luck getting your lights back on, try paying the bill.
    History doesn't always repeat, but it does often rhyme.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Prior to Rumley he was top 5 in points for most of his rookie season on Lucas Oil tour with CBR/Barry Wright. I know your an, "agent provocateur" so I won't bother responding to anymore of your prodding.
    Good luck getting your lights back on, try paying the bill.
    Easy big fella, dam lol. I'm not trying to hammer at you over this and won't be an ass and tell you to put ur ole lady on a diet . As I see it as well as others, he dropped from average after the fact with Rumley. Peace out!

Carry on your a good read 99.9% of the time...

Here's the real deal (not Don). Every great driver has had a "gadget"...or advantage....as others call them. Petty, Earnhardt, Gordon...they've all had them. The problem is most have been like a candle...they only last a short time and burn out.

Others, like Bloomer, keep inventing a new candle!

Thumbs up Well SWEET dam ding ding...

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Here's the real deal (not Don). Every great driver has had a "gadget"...or advantage....as others call them. Petty, Earnhardt, Gordon...they've all had them. The problem is most have been like a candle...they only last a short time and burn out.

Others, like Bloomer, keep inventing a new candle!
    This be true!

Sometimes even you cheby lovers make alot of sense

And the Bloomer keeps on Blooming !!

Bloooooom Blooooooom Bloooooomer!!!!!!!

A average driver with great equipment does not win $600,000+ on the dirt late model circuit as some bonehead suggested. As I have observed, Davenport's problem is, in my opinion, horsepower and torque.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    A average driver with great equipment does not win $600,000+ on the dirt late model circuit as some bonehead suggested. As I have observed, Davenport's problem is, in my opinion, horsepower and torque.
    Could be.....ask EPJ the difference between Durham and Wallace!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Then when he can obtain the things needed to become more the just a one hit wonder and sustain that status... He will have become above average.

Most guys with dlm seat time could have a big money year too, in the Rumley special!

Then when he can obtain the things needed to become more the just a one hit wonder and sustain that status... He will have become above average.

Most guys with dlm seat time could have a big money year too, in the Rumley special!
    Well why didn't they over 15 drivers, some pretty big names around the south have set in the #6 machine over the years ? Since you know everything enlighten us. JD won over $100,000 dollars between crate and super wins in more than one season before ever setting foot in the 6 or on the Lucas Tour.
    Last edited by CarolinaDirt; 06-12-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    Well why didn't they over 15 drivers, some pretty big names around the south have set in the #6 machine over the years ? Since you know everything enlighten us. JD won over $100,000 dollars between crate and super wins in more than one season before ever setting foot in the 6 or on the Lucas Tour.
    Were the 15 drivers in the same set up as jd in his glory year? Danica could have wheeled that thing... Probly better lol.

Were the 15 drivers in the same set up as jd in his glory year? Danica could have wheeled that thing... Probly better lol.
    He still has the car and the toter why don't you call him and go set in it and see what you can do? I mean its easy right he can even put the device back on for you.
    Last edited by CarolinaDirt; 06-12-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    He still has the car and the toter why don't you call him and go set in it and see what you can do? I mean its easy right he can even put the device back on for you.
    I'll have Danica call...

Wrong. So wrong ? If JD had Rumley turning wrenches on his BWRC ICON I feel you would see him doing better than what he has so far this season. You cann't say the car he is in currently is as good. Forget about the 5.00 Rumley device. They are struggling with set up. So the 6 car is sitting idle ? Makes no sense what so ever ? Maybe rumley's are the problem ! It is dirt racing.

One could make the argument that before Davenport got in the 6 car it was average on the national level.It has been a quality ride forever but I don't think Shaver or anyone else ever put together a monster year driving it.JD won a lot of races before he ever sat in the seat of the 6 car.I will wait on the it was all because of the gadget comments.

It's amazing how far out of the ballpark some of your perspectives are. JD was one of the 5 best drivers in the country from a pure talent standpoint before he ever got in the 6 car.
    When Kevin decided to start helping the family-owned team FULL TIME and they put JD in the 6, that team became a major player. Many factors there including their association with Longhorn and the"device" (which we won't even get into since most of you don't even know what it is) made them nearly unbeatable that season. Imagine how many races they would have won if Bloomer had not been on tour.
    Now JD is with Barry Wright and they are struggling. But this shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. Barry Wright's cars seem to struggle on the national level as compared to the other top builders right now. Like most builders, they will turn it around at some point. This sport goes in cycles and these cycles affect drivers, teams, builders, etc. What Rumley/Longhorn/JD did for one season is catch all three at peak performance.
    That's the bottom line!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    It's amazing how far out of the ballpark some of your perspectives are. JD was one of the 5 best drivers in the country from a pure talent standpoint before he ever got in the 6 car.
    When Kevin decided to start helping the family-owned team FULL TIME and they put JD in the 6, that team became a major player. Many factors there including their association with Longhorn and the"device" (which we won't even get into since most of you don't even know what it is) made them nearly unbeatable that season. Imagine how many races they would have won if Bloomer had not been on tour.
    Now JD is with Barry Wright and they are struggling. But this shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. Barry Wright's cars seem to struggle on the national level as compared to the other top builders right now. Like most builders, they will turn it around at some point. This sport goes in cycles and these cycles affect drivers, teams, builders, etc. What Rumley/Longhorn/JD did for one season is catch all three at peak performance.
    That's the bottom line!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but...did Bloomer ever have something similar to Rumleys gadget. He only lost the title by 55 points, I think. If the last 2 races hadn't got rained out, he most likely would have won the title.

I thought the 6 car got bought by a team down in Ga? So it's still sitting?

Quote Originally Posted by President Clinton View Post
    I thought the 6 car got bought by a team down in Ga? So it's still sitting?
    Still sitting
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but...did Bloomer ever have something similar to Rumleys gadget. He only lost the title by 55 points, I think. If the last 2 races hadn't got rained out, he most likely would have won the title.
    Based on the butt whooping JD administered at Charlotte? That is pure speculation.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1