Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but...did Bloomer ever have something similar to Rumleys gadget. He only lost the title by 55 points, I think. If the last 2 races hadn't got rained out, he most likely would have won the title.
    I don't think Bloomer ever did. His car never looked like it. I saw a few cars that looked like they were onto it. I saw some stuff under cars that wasn't it. I don't think there were many onto it at the end of 2015. I think there are a lot of people that think they know now, but still don't.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Didn't the zero have a shock package that he and the 44 had from mid-end of 2014? Seems like I remember some rule changes at that seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Didn't the zero have a shock package that he and the 44 had from mid-end of 2014? Seems like I remember some rule changes at that seasons end.
    He had some or all of the stuff that got outlawed at the end of 2014.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The 116 would of won the dream with JD driving it....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    uh oh, I think you might have lit the fuse.
    8/13/16

Actually in those conditions, the 116 was in good hands. Don't sleep on Overton. He's exceptionally good.

Very very SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT!!!
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    uh oh, I think you might have lit the fuse.
    But he can't release the stick hahaha

Actually in those conditions, the 116 was in good hands. Don't sleep on Overton. He's exceptionally good.
    Very true. JD wouldve knock down a wall or two. LOL
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    But he can't release the stick hahaha
    Thats because he has his butt clinched too tight

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Very true. JD wouldve knock down a wall or two. LOL
    Nah, he's gotten much better with car control over the years. Remember when he first started he was going to be the show. Sometimes that was for good reasons, just as often it was for the wrong reasons. The talent was always obvious even if you almost got in a fight with him a time or two.

He and Barry will get it going better soon I would guess. Davenport is a victim of his own success. For my $$$ his 2015 season is the best in history. Anytime someone throws down a season like that they've hit on something. They were no different, but you don't go on that run if you're average.

As for Overton, I just see him as grinder with enormous talent that's found a great home. People forget that even though he's from GA, a lot of these tracks are new to him this year. He was either racing in SGA/Carolina's or on the road. If they chose to run regionally he's going to get bored stacking all those checks.

Overton is a very humble guy. And gives some great interviews doesn't try to be "nascar" says what he's feeling.

Agreed. Been whipped by that guy enough to know. Haha
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Id like to see Barry do well. He deserves it. Very nice guy at the shop and at the track. Wish him all the luck.

One of the best races I have seen in a while was last year's Tarheel 50 at Tri-County Racetrack. JD (in Weaver's 116) & Overton (in his 75 Bud car) put on a show / battle for the last 30 laps that was a blast to watch. Both of these guys can drive and they proved it again that night. I would bet that was the night Weaver took note of Overton.. I know the crowd did.

I wish someone would post that video.. I'd like to see it again myself..

I'm confident Barry & JD will get the house car straightened out running better. I still think 430 or 454 CI's of Clements would cure a lot of ills...

There were lots of factors, and maybe it consumed itself, but the 2015 season was interesting....The saw-blade 6 became one of the most photographed cars in history...all trying to catch the 'device' in action. At the end of the day, cooler heads, and legislation re-established the status quo. we're back to the future. The winner can now be predicted beforehand...it might be, popular, and all be well and good, but part of the intrigue was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZero View Post
    There were lots of factors, and maybe it consumed itself, but the 2015 season was interesting....The saw-blade 6 became one of the most photographed cars in history...all trying to catch the 'device' in action. At the end of the day, cooler heads, and legislation re-established the status quo. we're back to the future. The winner can now be predicted beforehand...it might be, popular, and all be well and good, but part of the intrigue was lost.
    Cooler heads prevailed? You are joking right? Knee-jerk prevailed. We would have better racing right now if nothing was done.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Huh, speaking of the Dream and winning, where was your boy?

Overton is as good a driver as anyone.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtFan49 View Post
    He was in a car that made the feature instead of being expert keyboard jockey like all the 4m experts. This site used to be great for information and to share racing stories. Now it's just a bunch of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s that want to run every driver down and bitch about everything to do with the sport maybe some of YOU experts should put a team together and get out of the stands and off the keyboard and show everyone how great of a driver you are.....
    Nope wanna stay here and bitch and complain much cheaper lol that's fact

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Wrong, so wrong.

Double Wrong. Not even close. You just keep gong in circles. Davenport was winning before Rumley and will continue to win long after Rumley. Its going to be exquisite watching you stuff so much crow in your dirty little mouth.
    You might want to go through the win column let me know about all these races he has won this year