For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
June 12, 2017

Chris Ferguson Pockets $4,000 at Fayetteville; Smoky Mountain Next

Mt. Holly, North Carolina (06/12/17) – After a slow start to the weekend Chris Ferguson ended things with a bang by powering his Diff-Tran Machining #22 K&K Trucking/ Rocket Chassis XR1/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to a $4,000 win at Fayetteville Motor Speedway.

Kicking off the richest weekend of the season in Super Late Model ranks, Chris Ferguson made the trek to Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) on Thursday night for the 23rd annual Dirt Late Model Dream. With 79 Super Late Models on hand for the UMP DIRTcar sanctioned weekend, Ferguson fell two spots short of a transfer position in his heat race with a 7th-place finish. Transferring into the B-Main for another shot at the opening night preliminary features, Ferguson slipped back to an 18th-place outing, ending his night early.

On Friday night after recording the seventh fastest time overall in qualifying, Ferguson edged his way into the second round of preliminary features with the 5th and final transfer spot in his heat race. Rolling off 20th for the $10,000-to-win odd prelim, Chris fell one position in the 25-lapper posting 21st-place finish.

Disappointed with his performance in the first two nights of the 23rd edition of the Dirt Late Model Dream, Ferguson made the trek overnight to make it back to Fayetteville Motor Speedway (Fayetteville, North Carolina) on Saturday for the Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series sanctioned program.

Drawing 21 Super Late Models for the School’s Out 40, Chris earned the pole position for the feature after registering the fastest time overall in qualifying. After losing the top spot in the opening laps, Ferguson regained the lead from Johnny Pursley on lap 9. Holding off the field for the remaining 31 circuits, Chris Ferguson reeled in his second victory of the season.

G.R. Smith, Pursley, Dennis Franklin, and Josh Langley completed the Top 5. Chris was awarded a $4,000 payday for his 14th-career Carolina Clash victory.

“I hated to bail on Eldora after Friday, but we had dug ourselves a really deep hole for Saturday’s action,” said Ferguson. “One of these days I’m going to get that place figured out. Heading to Fayetteville obviously ended up being a good decision. As always, thanks goes out to my team, my sponsors, and my fans for always supporting me and my program.”

Full results from these events are available at www.EldoraSpeedway.com and www.CarolinaClash.com .

The upcoming weekend will find Chris entering a single event. He will make the trip to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) on Saturday evening to compete in a $5,000-to-win, Southern All Star (SAS) Dirt Racing Series event. For more information on the program, please visit www.SASDirt.com .

Chris Ferguson would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Diff-Tran Machining, K and K Trucking of Rockwell LLC, Champion Spark Plugs, Live Oak Aesthetic and Family Dentistry, The Racing Warehouse, special thanks to Page Lemon, RPM Trailer Sales, New Point Lighting, Carver & Sons Roofing Inc., special thanks to Tom Bennington, Langley Collision Center, TW Automotive, Rocket Chassis, Big A's Custom Graphics, Keith’s Handyman Services, Dirty Grass Soul, Dirt Trackin’ App, ASI Racewear, Hoosier Racing Tires by Bryan, Harkey Racing, Joes Racing Products, K&N Performance Filters, Fluidyne High Performance, RM Services, Indocil Art , Frankland Rear-Ends, Bell Racing USA, Hypercoil Springs, Brinn Transmissions, Weld Racing, Dynamic Drivelines, Outerwears Pre-Filters, Penske Racing Shocks, PFC Brakes, ButlerBuilt Motorsports Equipment, All Star Performance, Motorstate, Keyser Manufacturing, FK Rod Ends, Fragola Performance Systems,
Alpha Canvas and Awning, Randy Renfrow Pit Carts, VP Racing, Hooker Harness, CV Products, XCELDYNE, Stock Car Steel and Aluminum Inc., SRI Supplies, SRI Performance, Clements Racing Engines, Waterman Racing Components, Pro Fabrication Headers, Schaeffers Oil, TruForm Race Products, Tadpole Fabrication, NecksGen, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Chris Ferguson, please visit the official team website at www.ChrisFerguson22.com .