Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What driver could win....

the Dream, if they drove Bloomers car?

I'll say EPJ or Mcdowell.

Ummmm McDowell is in a bloomer car bud. But I would say Booby or Bshepp
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Ummmm McDowell is in a bloomer car bud. But I would say Booby or Bshepp
    I know. Im talkin about putting another driver in there instead of Bloomer.

I think Overton could. Probly Madden as well, didn't he run a Bloomquist car at one time?

Jordan Yaggy
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Jordan Yaggy
    haha.....maybe if you put 8 tires on and added a 2nd Andy Durham!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I think Overton could. Probly Madden as well, didn't he run a Bloomquist car at one time?
    Yes he did, and not that long ago.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I'd say Jimmy Owens easily had the most success of anyone driving a Bloomer Chassis other than Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I'd say Jimmy Owens easily had the most success of anyone driving a Bloomer Chassis other than Scott.
    I like Owens but after he was fond with bad tires (and Scott new it)... he didn't have much success in his. Remember.... they all have at some point used tire softeners of some sort. Scott got caught how many times? But yes if Jimmy had Scott's car and Scott did his magic on it... Jimmy would do as well as Scott im pretty sure. Jimmy is one hell of a wheelman no bout a doubt it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    the Dream, if they drove Bloomers car? I'll say EPJ or Mcdowell.
    I'll say just about anybody !

Nobody has the same car as Bloomer period. Even if these guys drove a Bloomer car it wouldn't have all of his secrets built into it. But, there would be numerous guys that could win if they were in the same exact car. But that won't ever happen.

If it was Bloomer's personal car, with Scott's personal setup under it, nobody. Late models are incredibly setup dependent, and the best setups are tailored to the driver's style.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    If it was Bloomer's personal car, with Scott's personal setup under it, nobody. Late models are incredibly setup dependent, and the best setups are tailored to the driver's style.
    And, Bloomquist is simply a machine behind the wheel. He is so consistent.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    the Dream, if they drove Bloomers car?

I'll say EPJ or Mcdowell.
    B-Shepp, T-Mac, Richards, Pierce, etc.

Of course Bloomquist would win in an XR1, Longhorn or Pierce too.

I guess what I'm trying to stay is, I don't think it is the car that makes Bloomquist so dominant.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    B-Shepp, T-Mac, Richards, Pierce, etc.

Of course Bloomquist would win in an XR1, Longhorn or Pierce too.

I guess what I'm trying to stay is, I don't think it is the car that makes Bloomquist so dominant.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Most of those guys haven't done it in their own car. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Most of those guys haven't done it in their own car. Lol
    The key word is could.

In actuality, its a 100 lap race. If you can win a 25 lap race at Eldora, and you can win 100 lap races elsewhere then its obvious that you are capable of winning a 100 lap race at Eldora. Its not really any different level of difficulty to win the Dream, or the PDC, or the N/S or the Show-Me. Same drivers, Same cars. Everyone tries harder to win them, and everyone is on their A game, but I don't think there are many races out there where the top teams are not already trying their hardest, and already on their A game.

Bloomquist is the best in the world at putting it all together (luck, skill, patience, setup knowledge, etc) on a regular basis so he is more likely to win those big races, but the guys I listed above are more than capable of winning on any given night at Eldora as well (and I'm sure all of them will by the end of their career, probably multiple times). Given time in Bloomquists car with his setup and his crew members they might have an even better chance of winning than they do anyway. But I don't think its the car that is bringing all the wins to Bloomquist, he has been successful in whatever he has driven whether it be a BWRC, or a Sweet Bloomquist. As long as it isn't a NASCAR truck I wouldn't usually bet against him if money is on the line.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

"As long as it isn't a NASCAR truck I wouldn't usually bet against him if money is on the line."

I would say give him enough time to test and figure the trucks out, he could win in one of those at Eldora.
    He has won in dirt trucks before. Not asphalt trucks on dirt, but trucks nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    The key word is could.

In actuality, its a 100 lap race. If you can win a 25 lap race at Eldora, and you can win 100 lap races elsewhere then its obvious that you are capable of winning a 100 lap race at Eldora. Its not really any different level of difficulty to win the Dream, or the PDC, or the N/S or the Show-Me. Same drivers, Same cars. Everyone tries harder to win them, and everyone is on their A game, but I don't think there are many races out there where the top teams are not already trying their hardest, and already on their A game.

Bloomquist is the best in the world at putting it all together (luck, skill, patience, setup knowledge, etc) on a regular basis so he is more likely to win those big races, but the guys I listed above are more than capable of winning on any given night at Eldora as well (and I'm sure all of them will by the end of their career, probably multiple times). Given time in Bloomquists car with his setup and his crew members they might have an even better chance of winning than they do anyway. But I don't think its the car that is bringing all the wins to Bloomquist, he has been successful in whatever he has driven whether it be a BWRC, or a Sweet Bloomquist. As long as it isn't a NASCAR truck I wouldn't usually bet against him if money is on the line.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Eldora presents unique challenges. You are forced to use the wrong tire, uncut, for 100 laps. Your car peaks at about lap 8 and you have to hold on for 92 more laps. Your car is performing way below capability. Not all people deal with that as well as others.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The guy has admitted that his wife could out run him if she had a better mouse trap. Scott has the best mouse trap right now. O-show, Madden, Mars and a lot of the straighter drivers would be good in Scotts car, hell i might even go out on a limb and say the superman.

Moyer and Birky.