Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The No Show Jimmy Owens

Is he done? Really hasn't been anywhere competitive in 2-3 years. He wasn't even in the same ball park at Eldora. Is it time to step down back to mods? Just isn't what he was before.

It sure was strange to see him hit the wall in qualifying both nights.

Most drivers got better in their xr1, Jimmy not so much.

Time to get back in a Zero car.

Hate seeing this guy struggle. Hel of a nice guy!!! Sure hope he gets back on track,....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Something man. not sure thats the answer but...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinsracin1 View Post
    Is he done? Really hasn't been anywhere competitive in 2-3 years. He wasn't even in the same ball park at Eldora. Is it time to step down back to mods? Just isn't what he was before.
    He just won a Lucas race a month ago.....Several top 5s since.

You sure thought he was the sh!t when he had a club 29 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Straight from the 20 crew..... "Scott won't sell us one"

Had a bloomquist car and won everything. NDRL bust him for juicin tires. Never been the same since. Also Reece left for a reason???

I don't think the xr1 cars really fit his driving style, they like to be driven pretty hard and sideways. I'd say Owens will end up in a Longhorn or back in one of the club 29 cars. That Swartz car he was parked beside at Eldora sure did drive around the bottom nice and smooth though.

I love how all you guys seem to think that Jimmy is all washed up and needs to step back down to the modified... Lmmfao.... Jimmy is a long way from being washed up in a latemodel guys!! Just because he hasn't dominated like he normally does doesn't mean that he is washed up by any means! The XR1 definitely isn't the answer and although I agree he would be best suited in a Bloomquist chassis I feel that he needs to jump into his own stuff and get it rolling out there again! Just a thought is all....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I'm guessing it has to with the fact that Jimmy is a fabricator. And in a couple of years, if that long, he'll magically have the LG dirt late model.

In saying that, he was by far at his best with Scott. Be nice if they could come to an agreement.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It's hard to overcome bad qualifying effort at those races. He got into the wall hard Thursday, and had a late draw Friday. Qualifying good at those eldora biggies are the biggest key to making those prelim shows. He didn't do that either night, which put him in a hole. Same thing happened to Bloomer last year, and it ended up with him missing the show too. It just shows you how hard it is diggin out of that hole once you're in it. Jimmy will be fine, he was all smiles Saturday. I think he knew it just wasn't his weekend to be on the good side of luck.....on to the next one.

Besides the fact that Jimmy was beatin' Bloomer in his own chassis, as a business man....why wouldn't Bloomer want him to come back? Then he would have, in my opinion, 3 of the BEST Veterans in his chassis.....Himself, Dale McDowell, and Jimmy Owens. All 3 have similar styles of driving too, so his chassis suits them perfectly!
    #AnybodyButBobby

Races in 2021:

Illini 100 (WoO) @ Farmer City Raceway
    Diamond Jim 43 @ Wilmot Raceway (Dirt Kings)
    Truck Country 50 (LOLMDS) @ 300 Raceway- Farley, IA
    27th and 26th Double Down Dream @ Eldora Speedway (UMP Dirtcar)
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway (LOLMDS)
    Prairie Dirt Classic @ FALS (WoO)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I love how all you guys seem to think that Jimmy is all washed up and needs to step back down to the modified... Lmmfao.... Jimmy is a long way from being washed up in a latemodel guys!! Just because he hasn't dominated like he normally does doesn't mean that he is washed up by any means! The XR1 definitely isn't the answer and although I agree he would be best suited in a Bloomquist chassis I feel that he needs to jump into his own stuff and get it rolling out there again! Just a thought is all....
    I guess there talking about the jimmy owens that sits 90 points outta the top 5 in 6th......... AHEAD of darrell lanigan and dennis erb jr an also mentioned above has won a lucas race within a month or so..... tough crowd. Hate to hear how you all feel about lanigan an erb jr ... must be some real backmarkers everywhere they unload.... its a tough series arguably the best in the world if your a tick off your lapped traffic anymore. Literally 1 crown jewel ago at the show-me he ran 2nd an 3rd on back to back qualifying nights was within striking distance the majority of the 100 lapper until a fuel pump let go late.

JMO

I think any driver can have a bad luck or a good luck period.
    I don't think that Jimmy in no way is washed up.
    I watched him last month at tazewell and he lapped several cars till he
    caught the 0.
    He said in his interview that he knew the 0 would clear a path for him,
    or he would've passed him.
    I think he will be fine.
    By the way if he wanted a bloomquist there are some used ones out there.
    JUST MY OPINION.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    you hit the nail on the head nasty , i was getting redy to post the basic same thing , then i read your post . Before its over, you will see jimmy in his own stuff, but for now, I think he is still gathering info. At his age, he probably only has one chance at getting it right with his own chassis , so lets give him a little more time before we label him as washed up. JMO.....

So Owens no timed both thursday and friday qualifying and still raced his way into both nights a mains placing 15th and 16th. not great, but going from dead last qualifying to making the feature with 38 other cars in his group isnt bad. Saturday i guess prelim nights had points rewarded for qualifying or he wouldnt have been buried so deep in his heat and then had some bad luck. The same B feature as Bobby Pierce he was a few spots from making the show. So all he did all weekend minus qualifying is go forward and pass cars. Not a sign of anyone washed up in my opinion, not currently on the A game, but far from a no show. And for 2 guys that supposedly hate each other, bloomer and owens sure spend quite a bit of time chatting at every single race ive seen.

Show me a driver that races 5k or above races and I'll show you someone that lost more races than he won., long term. Some people have unrealistic expectations.

Default No Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    If I were Scott, and still trying to Win, I wouldn't be selling anyone his cars. Jimmy was his toughest competition when Jimmy was in Scott's cars. Scott lost several hundreds of thousands when Jimmy "won them all". Now that no one has his newest design, he can do what he did last Saturday night! If you want to be on top, don't sell your speed until your done.

Quote Originally Posted by UMPDream View Post
    If I were Scott, and still trying to Win, I wouldn't be selling anyone his cars. Jimmy was his toughest competition when Jimmy was in Scott's cars. Scott lost several hundreds of thousands when Jimmy "won them all". Now that no one has his newest design, he can do what he did last Saturday night! If you want to be on top, don't sell your speed until your done.
    This is why i think bloomer will only have a house car when he retires
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!