Thread: Fan ?

Question Fan ?

Does anyone know what fan blade most top dirt teams or what top engine buidlers recommend to use? Part numbers appreciated. Thanks for any info.

GM# 405442
    19" 4 blade fan
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Definitely the gm fan listed above. If that doesn't keep it cool, you have other serious issues with your cooling system/combination. As extra insurance, change it after a while. I've seen them break a few times. Remember, it was a factory fan on an engine that probably never saw 5k rpm. Never had a "racing" fan that could cool like it does though.

Keyser Manufacturing part #100-15365 $49.95

The Keyser one is a cheap knockoff. The angle of the blade is formed differently and will flatten out over time and lose angle. Spend the money and buy the right part.

I was having over heating problems. Added changed to the 19" Gm fan and removed the shroud and went from 230-240 after a few laps to no having trouble getting the water temp to 180 now.

Check out the Engine Masters fan video on YouTube....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Is an Ac-Delco 405442 the same fan?

AC-Delco is GM

I have never had any issues with cooling using a 15" 6 blade and a shroud. Even on very big inch engines. You might need to rethink your cooling routing and water speed. More so than the fan.

Default fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is an Ac-Delco 405442 the same fan?
    there is an AC Delco part number for that FAN:
    15-80752
    same fan, even has 405442 stamped on the blades
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Contact any of the larger chassis manufacturers to get your GPS Max Air 17" 6 blade fan. They have them in stock or go to GorsuchPerformanceSolutions.com. This fan is being used by the majority of professional teams and has had great success in both woodlms and lodlms. Even the local guys like them and they have been run on crates and finished 1st and 2nd in the Dirt Late model Wissota Challenge Series this year.

One thing to keep in mind about the Race Fan is you can run 3 Blades, if you don't have cooling Issues.

Now days its not really a question about cooling system, most everyone has the same stuff. I noticed the heat creeps up when i get the nose to sealed off, especially when on a softer LF spring.

Just say no...

bumped a post from 2017 to pedal his junk nice two first posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    I have never had any issues with cooling using a 15" 6 blade and a shroud. Even on very big inch engines. You might need to rethink your cooling routing and water speed. More so than the fan.
    Care to elaborate? You change the pulleys on the water pump to increase flow rate? I’ve always wanted to do that but worried about cavitation

Please just run a regular gm high pitch 19” 4 blade and have zero issues

Huck, we’d love to keep running the GM fan. It’s all we run, and it WORKS! Unfortunately, they’re discontinued and you can’t replace them. Hopefully someone steps up and reproduces it without sacrificing its performance. I haven’t seen it done successfully yet.

Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens claims to have an exact replacement

I just seen gray say to run a 15” 6 blade lol it will literally run 40 degrees hotter than the 4 blade lol