Thread: Radiator

Default Radiator

We run a steel block class, so front end weight is extremely important. Has anybody ran the LW radiators like afco's sinlge core dual pass? They claim less weight and better cooling from traditional two core single pass we have now but want to get real feedback. Anybody run them or another LW radiator with success?

we ran a modified radiator in ours for awhile with no issues, a lot smaller than a late model

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    We run a steel block class, so front end weight is extremely important. Has anybody ran the LW radiators like afco's sinlge core dual pass? They claim less weight and better cooling from traditional two core single pass we have now but want to get real feedback. Anybody run them or another LW radiator with success?
    AFCO used to sell a single-core single pass "alcohol" radiator. I used it for years on methanol. I switched to gas and used it successfully on a 23 degree 406 with 12.5 to 1 compression. It saved about 25# counting radiator and water.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I used the Afco LW double pass radiator this season and have been very happy with it, cools well and a good weight savings.

We ran one for 2 years on a steel block flat top motor, 1:1 pulleys, 4 blade gm fan, no shroud, no heating problems whatsoever.