Default Spring Smasher Use

I have heard a bunch of different ways guys are using them. Lets say a company suggests a load of 2350 on the RF at 4 3/4 of travel. Would yall use the RF scale weight in the equation to get to that number OR would you use your RF center to center load at ride height. The company said they wanted a RF weight of 612 but didn't say which but when it was sent off originally they wanted scale weights and center to centers. They way they are using these loads and long travels I would imagine some of these stacks need a gap of 2" or more now?

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    I have heard a bunch of different ways guys are using them. Lets say a company suggests a load of 2350 on the RF at 4 3/4 of travel. Would yall use the RF scale weight in the equation to get to that number OR would you use your RF center to center load at ride height. The company said they wanted a RF weight of 612 but didn't say which but when it was sent off originally they wanted scale weights and center to centers. They way they are using these loads and long travels I would imagine some of these stacks need a gap of 2" or more now?
    Those numbers are spring load numbers. To get 612 static on the RF wheel you would need over 300 pounds of LR bite.
    And if you ever have 2350 on the RF wheel dynamically, you are about to have a really bad day :-)

It's your center to center measurements, as Matt said it's not your wheel loads.

Example: Ride hieght = 19.25" C to C = 612#
    4.75" Travel = 14.5" = 2350#

However if you have no idea what the rough 18.25, 17.25, 16.25, 15.25" measurement are supposed to be in pounds, you could have many variants of that RF with only the ride hieght and compressed #.

Guess I should be clearer here: If you only have those 2 load numbers and wasn't told a specific spring combo/exact bumpstop to use. You could come up wildly different in the 3" and 4" travel numbers and still have the 2 numbers they told you.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Guess I should be clearer here: If you only have those 2 load numbers and wasn't told a specific spring combo/exact bumpstop to use. You could come up wildly different in the 3" and 4" travel numbers and still have the 2 numbers they told you.
    I guess I should clear up my terminology. The manufacture wanted a spring rater load of 2350. He did not specify if he wanted to center to center load at ride height is 612 or the right front scale weight with it sitting statically on the scales as 612, but say he wanted the right front spring at 612 that would be included in my 2350 formula correct? ? That still leaves me if I'm on say a 400/700 with a pretty decent gap

On my sheet says is 612 right front static, 2350 load at 4 3/4 on a 400/700

What throws me off it's before the dual stage was sent to me he wanted the car completely set up with all of the scale weights and all of the center measurements and then send me back a sheet that just says right front static weight 612, 400/700 stack with 2350 load at 2350.

On my sheet says is 612 right front static, 2350 load at 4 3/4 on a 400/700
    If your ride hieght C to C is say the 19.25" I listed above, just adjust the top nut until it reads the 612# at that 19.25" (what ever your measurement actually is) and adjust the secondary nut until you get the 2300# at the 4.75" lower then your actual ride hieght number.

That is all I can tell you from what you posted.

Ok I think that's all he meant. just weird he was asking for all my scale numbers. when its setup according to spec they don't use a center to center or ride height reference they use angles (so you can probably guess what brand it is) I couldn't get ahold of them yesterday to ask. I was hoping the rf static was spring load but weird way to put it