Smile Eldora dumb question

Why do fans that buy a ticket in the grandstands not sit in the seat they bought? These grandstand reserve seats go on sale every year, if you do not like where you are sitting, simply change. Isn't that similar to stealing? You know it's not yours, but you take it anyway. Why should the person who buys a reserve seats have to move someone out of it? Before I get all this feedback, I know it's a "dumb" question, but I still don't understand it.

We got up to go get a beer and had to move 2 guys out of the seats you sold me when we got back, and one of them tried to take my program with him when he moved lol.

It's amazing, never ever will understand why people don't sit in the seats they buy. A person will buy a general admission ticket, but they are walking around looking for a seat in the reserved seating area. Why is that?

Because people will always look for stuff they didn't buy or earn themselves. Much of society just sucks.

Still difficult to comprehend, there were so many people at Eldora sitting in seats that they did not purchase and several got moved by law enforcement, just weird. If you want a reserved seat, they go on sale every year.

It was a waste to buy reserved seating at East Bay for winter Nationals you could've sat where ever. I had the same seat as one guy two rows down for a cheaper price.

True, but they're $4 extra. Now yes if an extra $4 is a big deal you shouldn't make the trip, but that's the only real reason to do it. People just think it's ok to inconvenience paying customers and track staff with their bs.

Either that or they can't read their ticket.

Buying a reserved seat is an option some people choose because normally they are better seats and you can get there a little later than normal and still have your seat. However my question is not reserved versus general admission. It is if you do not purchase a reserved seat why would that person attempt to sit in one or a seat that is not theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    Buying a reserved seat is an option some people choose because normally they are better seats and you can get there a little later than normal and still have your seat. However my question is not reserved versus general admission. It is if you do not purchase a reserved seat why would that person attempt to sit in one or a seat that is not theirs.
    Well, to be honest, I waited till the last second last year to decide not to go, and someone coulda gambled and had my seats. I was on night shift, and just did not feel like going.

In saying that, I'd never sit in reserved if I didn't purchase them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

And my answer is because people suck and want to save $4.

It's inconsiderate and stupid, but people are what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    It was a waste to buy reserved seating at East Bay for winter Nationals you could've sat where ever. I had the same seat as one guy two rows down for a cheaper price.
    Eastbay is a little confusing though. Even if you buy a unreserved ticket, it has a seat and row number on it, but the rule is 14th row and lower are un-reserved.

An old couple tried to get security to move me and my dad a few years ago, until they were told otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    They see an opening and take it. And it works until they are told to move.

So with that logic, I could go up in the suite and sit in Stewart's seat until I am told to move?

Don't give them any more ideas!!!! lol

I was told to move out of the media center during bloomers interview... I think the eldora cooler bag have it away

Every seat is marked with Letters and numbers. Because they sell every seat in the house for some races. (Trucks, prelude) for the dream probably 30% of the people there have reserved seats. If you buy a pit pass or general admission ticket. You have know idea what seats are reserved and which are not. In some sections only the top couple rows are reserved etc. and it's different every single race. Their are sections that are reserved seating for the World that are not sold for the Kings Royal, and even less of them are reserved for the Dream and hardly any reserved for other races, during the truck race every seat is reserved. So if the seats are different for every single race, how would anyone know you paid the extra $4 to sit there in December until you tell them or show them your stub?
    Go Buckeyes!!!

We had a block of 6 seats in a row all 3 nights. Thurs and Fri we were on the end of a row pretty high up. Sat night there was one seat on the end that wasn't ours. This real nervous like guy and his son (13ish) showed up. Seats in front of us were empty at the time, and he told him to sit there and maybe no one would come along. Well they did finally came and son stood beside him rest of the night. Friday night we showed up and there was a cooler and 2 seat cushions in our seat. Guy came 15 min later and took his cooler and cushions and looked at me like I was the a$$

Off subject did anyone else hate those stupid new wristbands?

You have no idea if seats are reserved or not? Well , rest assured, all the patio seats in the main grandstands are reserved. People certainly do know if they have a reserved patio seats or not, it states "Patio" on it. Also, you rest assured the top 5 rows minimum are reserved seats, and people do in fact know if they have a reserved seat or a general admission ticket. If they don't, the ticket office personnel can enlighten them on their tickets and where they can sit.