Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Seal View Post
    Always liked Mahoney, what chassis is he running?
    Club 29 I think.

84GT- You can go on dirt on dirt and read the racewire section without a subscription. They write a short description of heats and all.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    I have always wanted to go to Brownstown, but then I watch a video of the place and any desire to attend goes away. Seems like good racing there is few and far between.
    I've been there a few times and I would have to agree. I think it's just the configuration of the track more than anything else. It's very difficult for cars running the top to get any momentum because the straightaways are so flat. The banking in the corners is basically just dirt piles they put at the end of the straights like a track somebody builds for their kids in their backyard. The reconfigured Lawrenceburg is very similar. When they banked it they didn't raise the straightaways, so when you run the top you are really going uphill. It makes it tough to make that line work, and you really have to be a lot faster than anyone you are trying to pass that is running the bottom. Brownstown has some really good events, but the actual racing just doesn't seem to be that great for a lot of those events.

Mahoney was in a new Black Diamond.
    had first generation club 29 car before
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

What's up with track site and tour site not being updated yet? We are in an instant age and can't get updates the next morning.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Bowman must have won Mahoneys new car in a raffle or something. No way someone would want that paint scheme. It was very fast though.

Who won Mods?
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    Who won Mods?
    Who do you think? Same guy that always wins there.

I think devin gilpin won mods
    I am what I am

The track was a rubbered up piece of crap that you couldn't pass on. There's no excuse for that. But all Boggs had to do was stay in the rubber and he would have won. The lapper made him slide into the ice though.

that one will eat at Boggs... 1 mistake and it cost him a win

A new Bobby Hater with 12 posts gets you all wound up... hes no better then the Bobby Flakes... Why do you let people get to you all. LOL

Just watched the video. That must have been a well run program, it wasn't even dark when the feature started. Jackie Boggs said he was just testing and picked the wrong tires. If I didn't know any better I'd think that was a Bloomer quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    WhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGet it all out?LMAO
    You replied to him multiple times, so yeah, he got ya. I forgot about the time Bob acted like a retard and ran his four wheeler into Jason's car. In saying that, why are you such a defender of the Pierce soap opera?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

And the cherry pickin continues......I thought this guy retired?

Default Lawrenceburg?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    I've been there a few times and I would have to agree. I think it's just the configuration of the track more than anything else. It's very difficult for cars running the top to get any momentum because the straightaways are so flat. The banking in the corners is basically just dirt piles they put at the end of the straights like a track somebody builds for their kids in their backyard. The reconfigured Lawrenceburg is very similar. When they banked it they didn't raise the straightaways, so when you run the top you are really going uphill. It makes it tough to make that line work, and you really have to be a lot faster than anyone you are trying to pass that is running the bottom. Brownstown has some really good events, but the actual racing just doesn't seem to be that great for a lot of those events.
    Obviously you haven't been to Lawrenceburg very often. The track has produced many great side by side battles. The bottom can be the fast way around but the middle and top also can be. It normally is at least two grooves wide but I have seen many times 3 racing grooves. In my opinion, I really don't think that Brownstown and Lawrenceburg are anywhere closed to being similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Seal View Post
    Anybody remember the post race interview with Bobby pierce from the dream? Him saying how Moyer was a lengend but held him up for forty laps. Well son this legend that held up sir pierce up for forty laps at the dream won tonight. Let's hear from the pierce cum drums deflect this. Little Bobby pierce says things with a fake smile but is a closet b1tch. That is why you have the so called "haters". This explains the shirt, and Bobby's awe shuck attitude. Don't kid yourselfs, his head is still inflated.
    Didn't take long for this guy to say, "I'm a troll, how do you like me so far". The answer is, most don't like trolls or people that show no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    Obviously you haven't been to Lawrenceburg very often. The track has produced many great side by side battles. The bottom can be the fast way around but the middle and top also can be. It normally is at least two grooves wide but I have seen many times 3 racing grooves. In my opinion, I really don't think that Brownstown and Lawrenceburg are anywhere closed to being similar.
    I agree 100% although I miss the old Lawrenceburg, but the new one has absolutely great racing.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    And the cherry pickin continues......I thought this guy retired?
    How is it cherry picking? What bigger race did he pass by to on the way to Brownstown? Only other track racing was Merritt and it's not in between Batesville and Brownstown.

I know the SN isn't what it used to be but still wouldn't be cherry picking to win one

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    I agree 100% although I miss the old Lawrenceburg, but the new one has absolutely great racing.
    You guys missed my point. I was not saying the racing at Lawrenceburg isn't very good. I go there at least twice every year and it is one of my favorite tracks to attend. Rudisell is one of the best promoters in the business if you ask me. My comparison was just about the transitions from corners to straightaways and how both tracks have relatively flat straightaways that are much lower than the tops of the corners. Just look where people sit on the backstretch at the burg or on the front stretch at Brownstown compared to the top of the corners. I'm just saying they are not bowl shaped like Eldora, Bloomington, or many of the other bullrings in Indiana. Lawrenceburg is a bigger track and in most classes they are able to carry enough speed to run the middle or high line, creating multiple grooves of racing. Brownstown just doesn't seem to get that with a similar design but smaller track.