Thread: Mastersbilt

Default Mastersbilt

Had anyone heard anything on the new car that's being designed? How much is being changed other than basic design ie. Front geometry, rear geometry, ect. Also when they may get it out on the track? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Had anyone heard anything on the new car that's being designed? How much is being changed other than basic design ie. Front geometry, rear geometry, ect. Also when they may get it out on the track? Thanks in advance.
    I've seen one on the jig and it is unrecognizable compared to anything out of that shop in the last 20 years. Several safety improvements in terms of making the tub area bigger in all directions and the cage is braced better. Completely different front end and entire right side lower frame rail is raised considerably.
    Last I was there about 3 weeks ago they said they just hadn't had any time to test yet. They've got a roller sitting there ready to go.

Thank you for the info

What car are you talking about the GenX+ car made from the docol

Quote Originally Posted by Car18 View Post
    What car are you talking about the GenX+ car made from the docol
    We're not talking about a GenX car at all. This is a completely new/different design.

One thing I like about Mastersbilt is they won't put out a new car without proper testing unlike some others (rocket). Hopefully some parts will transfer over from the GenX platform.

I heard that all the parts will transfer from a GenX car onto the new car. Sounds pretty good. It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by dkibel View Post
    I heard that all the parts will transfer from a GenX car onto the new car. Sounds pretty good. It will be interesting to see how it performs.
    Keith told me that the front end would be completely different in terms of control arms and spindles.

I seen pics of a 2018 Mastersbilt on Poncho's Facebook and it looks the same as a 2017.

Is this what you are referring to?

https://www.facebook.com/14764478457...type=3&theater

The "MBH" sticks out to me first, and I have no idea what the major differences were between those and a chassis straight from Mastersbilt. I can say the battery is in a different location (at least as compared to my Gen-X), the front is "X'd" in front of the shaker screen (go figure), there are bolt in underslung bars, and a "bay bar" has been added up in front of the existing left hand door bar that wraps around in front of the pedals. Maybe the mounting points have changed some, or maybe this is just a 2018 version of what MBH was already doing.

I seen pics of a 2018 Mastersbilt on Poncho's Facebook and it looks the same as a 2017.
    that is definitely not the 2018/new car.

the new design isn't incredibly different but is noticeable even in full body.

The new car has the X in front of shaker screen,brace added to left front upper shock mount, the rear rails have been raised up , & the rear hoop has been changed to make the drivers compartment bigger, along with extra bracing in the drivers compartment Rack & strut have been raised, as well as the right side frame rail .Battery has been moved to allow dropped deck ,mostly all Docol tubing.
    Also has welded in under rail on R.S. and bolt in on left.
    The 2017 car we raced this year has most of those changes with the exception of the raised rear rails, and cage changes, it works much better that the 2015 car we have.
    Unless something has changed since I last talked to Keith, all front end parts from a gen-x should be the same.
    Last edited by MLR19; 09-16-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't sure if they changed anything on the front like spindles or mounting points. If anybody gets some pics please let me know.

One thing I like about Mastersbilt is they won't put out a new car without proper testing unlike some others (rocket). Hopefully some parts will transfer over from the GenX platform. MBR Performance Engineering www.mbrperformance.tk/
    Kinda like your link to nowhere? What Rocket are you referring to, the XR1?

The orange front debacle. I didn't keep up with my web page.

Why not drop the dead link in your signature? Curious of the extent and nature of what you do. Yeah the Orange car was bad with their baseline, but I know a local team that ran excellent with it years back....they knew what they were doing. Other cars, the baseline will net you a competitive car, circumstances, driver and knowledge are the keys to bettering your overall deal. Curious to see what MB puts out new.

Just never got around to taking it off there. It definitely took some time and messing around to get most guys going in the orange front cars. For a few guys it was a perfect fit but that percentage was significantly smaller than the blue front. I'm very curious also about Mastersbilt next car. I curious if they've had one out on the track yet. For a few years I did consulting work for some local racers. I've settled into a crew chief position again with a team but still help out some guys if they have questions.
    Last edited by MBR Performance; 09-20-2017 at 06:18 PM.

saw a picture of the new frame on facebook this morning. Tader posted it.

Do you happen to have the link, or can you post the pic? The company Facebook page is rather defunct and from what I found of Tader's, it's private.

Ditto to what Jet said...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019