Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Shirley

I was a little surprised Brian dropped off the WoO tour. He did have a win. It will be interesting to see what kind of schedule he runs for the rest of the year?

Per DoD a sponsorship payment was not made therefore their budget has been cutback. That's why they are off tour.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I don't think you got what I was saying. I know that happens with everyone that has a house car, that's how they stay ahead. What some of these guys have, is parts some can't get. There are only a handful of guys that have this certain setup. I'm sure the feedback is good as long, I bet it's not as good as those who have spent the extra money though.

Why would Shane Clanton leave integra after the season started with all the success he had with them? Think about it. That one seemed to slip by everyone.
    Whose he with now?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    The most puzzling part about this is Brian ran pretty good last year in these cars. Are they the same cars as last year? If not, did he purchase different cars from somewhere other than Weaver and now not getting the help he was last year? When the cars and the driver are proven to be able to win, it leads me to believe it's a information problem. Maybe Randy's not as available this year as he was last year. Isn't he out on the road consulting with another team this year?
    Well late last year I visited Randys shop and he was in the process of building two rollers for Brian so I would say that he had new cars at the beginning of the season

So other than that I dont know for sure. Maybe its just bad luck or the other guts have gotten better.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    yea, I thought I heard that he was helping another team this year also, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
    I would uave to think you might be referring to Rumley doing some consulting with Clint Boyer racing earlier this year. Randy is running his team and still building and repairing race cars out of his shop in Crossville TN.

Didn't Brian win alot of races in Rockets when he was starting on the national scene? Why would it be a surprise he goes back?

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    That is good news...summer nationals haven't been the same without Brian, Brandon, and Dennis Erb.
    Ya since birky stopped it hasnt been the same

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Ya since birky stopped it hasnt been the same
    Birky's dominatrix wife won't let him race!

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Whose he with now?
    I think Clanton went with Penske. If that's what you were asking.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    You are ridiculous. You realize he was in the Kay Gheer'd up 15 car right? He wasn't very good, and he didn't wanna put the time in to get the car to his liking. He said this himself. He has two boys who if not teenagers, they are right there. Could you possibly wrap your dam brain around the fact that maybe, just maybe, he might want to be a father. You know, actually spend time with his boys, not travel up and down the dam road trying to make it as a full time racer. Having no benefits or job security, or being able to see his boys grow up as he should. He is not the only one to quit, so I'm not sure why it is some of you wanna keep b!tching as if it's his wife's fault he said fuk it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    I think Clanton went with Penske. If that's what you were asking.
    Yep, thank you for replying. Not surprised, they have been flocking to Penske after Bloomerpuddin went there.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    O i hear ya loud and clear. Mama does NOT like seeing Birky shine

You are ridiculous. You realize he was in the Kay Gheer'd up 15 car right? He wasn't very good, and he didn't wanna put the time in to get the car to his liking. He said this himself. He has two boys who if not teenagers, they are right there. Could you possibly wrap your dam brain around the fact that maybe, just maybe, he might want to be a father. You know, actually spend time with his boys, not travel up and down the dam road trying to make it as a full time racer. Having no benefits or job security, or being able to see his boys grow up as he should. He is not the only one to quit, so I'm not sure why it is some of you wanna keep b!tching as if it's his wife's fault he said fuk it.
    Lol wasted time and effort... Mines well call u surf
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Very well said, sometimes other things become more important in life than racing and spending time with the family would rank right there at the top of the list.

As far as Brian Shirley didn't he run a Pierce car as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Very well said, sometimes other things become more important in life than racing and spending time with the family would rank right there at the top of the list.

As far as Brian Shirley didn't he run a Pierce car as well?
    Evidently some of these people aren't parents, I mean, wtf is so hard to understand? And even if she did play a part, so what, she should. A marriage/family is about everyone involved, not just me, myself, and I.

Shirley did have a Pierce car. I think it was either a short amount of time or about as long as this Longhorn stint.

Evidently some of these people aren't parents, I mean, wtf is so hard to understand? And even if she did play a part, so what, she should. A marriage/family is about everyone involved, not just me, myself, and I.
    All you do is bitch, I hope you aren't married.

Shirley did have a Pierce car. I think it was either a short amount of time or about as long as this Longhorn stint.
    I agree, like you said if she played a part he must have felt his marriage and raising his boys were more important then travailing up and down the road wondering if he was going to make enough money to put food on the table or pay the bills.

OK I thought he had run a Pierce car.

had pierce cars for at least a couple of years as did shep.

There seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that points to his wife. I guess guys like Bloomquist, ONeal, and others are just the worst fathers ever.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Birky was in it for the haul with kay. Way different car then he was used to, tons of work was done and trying to get it sorted out. 1 too many birky lights and a good time was had after a night of racing and BAM mama says no more fun for you sir