Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Shirley

Question Brian Shirley

Switching to a XR1?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Switching to a XR1?
    Guessing he ran one last night? If so, monkey see, monkey do. Can't imagine them Longhorns aren't good for him, but maybe they just don't fit his style, and he's done trying to make them work.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Him and Bradshear traded from what I've heard. Bradshear dropped off the outlaw deal anyway, and didn't seem to be doing much in his rockets.

Brian has now dropped off the WoO tour. Good for the Hell Tour.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Brian has now dropped off the WoO tour. Good for the Hell Tour.
    That is good news...summer nationals haven't been the same without Brian, Brandon, and Dennis Erb.

Is he in Sycamore tonight?

Never mind I just seen on DoD he is there tonight

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Guessing he ran one last night? If so, monkey see, monkey do. Can't imagine them Longhorns aren't good for him, but maybe they just don't fit his style, and he's done trying to make them work.
    Maybe he would have had better success if he had listened to Randy Weaver. He is the one that built the two Longhorns that Brian was running. Randy has had two different drivers win big races in his cars as well as his own success before his accident. So the cars he builds are competitive.
    So maybe it isn't the Arrow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MidTnDirtFan View Post
    Maybe he would have had better success if he had listened to Randy Weaver. He is the one that built the two Longhorns that Brian was running. Randy has had two different drivers win big races in his cars as well as his own success before his accident. So the cars he builds are competitive.
    So maybe it isn't the Arrow!!!!
    While I'm a huge fan of Weaver and Overton, just because they are good for one guy, doesn't mean they are good for someone else. He could just want a different feel outta his cars.

Not sure what your last statement is meant to say.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the car just didn't fit his driving style.

While I'm a huge fan of Weaver and Overton, just because they are good for one guy, doesn't mean they are good for someone else. He could just want a different feel outta his cars.

Not sure what your last statement is meant to say.
    My basic thought is that he didn't use the same basic setup at what Randy and Longhorn recommends. Driving styles are different for sure. But with Weavers basic set up three different drivers have been competitive. I watched Brian a few time at tracks in my area and he was all over the track. There wasn't any transition to allow the car to settle before hitting the gas.
    Maybe his drive style needs changing not his cars

But that's just my opinion. Take it for what that's worth.

He would get more feedback from Weaver than he will from rocket, he was solid in it last year is what's strange to me. There's already some stuff out there that certain rocket drivers have that others don't, and I'm not just talking about things the house car has either. The secret has been put for quite awhile now. The talk at eldora is will be banned come 2018, it doesn't seem to matter cuz they till can't beat the 0.

My basic thought is that he didn't use the same basic setup at what Randy and Longhorn recommends. Driving styles are different for sure. But with Weavers basic set up three different drivers have been competitive. I watched Brian a few time at tracks in my area and he was all over the track. There wasn't any transition to allow the car to settle before hitting the gas.

The most puzzling part about this is Brian ran pretty good last year in these cars. Are they the same cars as last year? If not, did he purchase different cars from somewhere other than Weaver and now not getting the help he was last year? When the cars and the driver are proven to be able to win, it leads me to believe it's a information problem. Maybe Randy's not as available this year as he was last year. Isn't he out on the road consulting with another team this year?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    He would get more feedback from Weaver than he will from rocket, he was solid in it last year is what's strange to me. There's already some stuff out there that certain rocket drivers have that others don't, and I'm not just talking about things the house car has either. The secret has been put for quite awhile now. The talk at eldora is will be banned come 2018, it doesn't seem to matter cuz they till can't beat the 0.
    There's alot of information out there with every "house" car that doesn't get passed along to anyone else. More times than not, the chassis itself is even a little bit different. The thickness of one piece of tubing or the material one piece of tubing is made of can make a difference and you wouldn't be able to see that when looking at 2 chassis sitting side by side. It's a tough game to keep ahead in, I don't blame anyone for keeping even a small advantage to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    The most puzzling part about this is Brian ran pretty good last year in these cars. Are they the same cars as last year? If not, did he purchase different cars from somewhere other than Weaver and now not getting the help he was last year? When the cars and the driver are proven to be able to win, it leads me to believe it's a information problem. Maybe Randy's not as available this year as he was last year. Isn't he out on the road consulting with another team this year?
    The 116 Overton is in is his and Chip Stones team.

I agree, it's business though, so he had to move on. I agree, Randy is good, Brandon is good, and JD was good in that car, so it was just a driver not liking them issue I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Most of the people in the XR1's have raved about the feedback and the book they get. I know someone who has one and has never had an issue getting ahold of Rocket.

The 116 Overton is in is his and Chip Stones team.
    yea, I thought I heard that he was helping another team this year also, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Most of the people in the XR1's have raved about the feedback and the book they get. I know someone who has one and has never had an issue getting ahold of Rocket.
    I've heard the same about Rocket. I know they sell a lot of cars, but they always seem to be one of the most consistent chassis brands at or close to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    There's alot of information out there with every "house" car that doesn't get passed along to anyone else. More times than not, the chassis itself is even a little bit different. The thickness of one piece of tubing or the material one piece of tubing is made of can make a difference and you wouldn't be able to see that when looking at 2 chassis sitting side by side. It's a tough game to keep ahead in, I don't blame anyone for keeping even a small advantage to themselves.
    I don't think you got what I was saying. I know that happens with everyone that has a house car, that's how they stay ahead. What some of these guys have, is parts some can't get. There are only a handful of guys that have this certain setup. I'm sure the feedback is good as long, I bet it's not as good as those who have spent the extra money though.

Why would Shane Clanton leave integra after the season started with all the success he had with them? Think about it. That one seemed to slip by everyone.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 06-17-2017 at 08:52 AM.