Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brian Shirley

Didnt she make some comment public on Facebook about him being immature shortly after one night of racing. After that he declared he was fully retired for good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that points to his wife. I guess guys like Bloomquist, ONeal, and others are just the worst fathers ever.
    That's exactly what I said. Well said, way to put words in people's mouth. I thought you were smarter than this BS you just said, guess not.

Maybe I'll clarify, since you want to jump to fukin conclusions. For some, the racing life works forever. For others, it gets to a point where they say fuk it. The time, effort, money, lack of stable income, not being able to be around your family a lot, it becomes too much. Some can handle it and work with it, some can't. More and more are saying fuk it, not just Birky. Spin that however you want all knowing, these are words they have all said.

Really not sure how me, as a father, who has traveled for work, and worked stupid hours. And at times, day shift, and night shift, defending Birky and anyone else who decides to say fuk the racing life, is turned into me saying that these other guys aren't good Dads because they have made racing their careers, quite mind boggling. I understand these struggles partly. No not racing, but they go through the same sh!t as everyone else and worse. So I 100% get when some walk away.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 06-19-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    All you do is bitch, I hope you aren't married.
    Lol. Ahh, you trying to spin what I said about your Midol a$$ back at me, lol, cute. Happily married with a wife and two kids, someone who understands the give and takes in a relationship. I see I touched a nerve with some of you, good.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Lol. Ahh, you trying to spin what I said about your Midol a$$ back at me, lol, cute. Happily married with a wife and two kids, someone who understands the give and takes in a relationship. I see I touched a nerve with some of you, good.

Happily married here for 38 years, 3 children and 5 grandchildren. Now stop your silly nonsense you little squat to pee whiner.

Happily married here for 38 years, 3 children and 5 grandchildren. Now stop your silly nonsense you little squat to pee whiner.
    And you act like your 16, so carry on sweetie.

We need to get Black in here to mediate!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Why would Shane Clanton leave integra after the season started with all the success he had with them? Think about it. That one seemed to slip by everyone.
    Agreed.

I heard he found out Kid Rocket had an air shock, put together by INTEGRA, for a full year before he learned of it.

So he switches to Penske while saying SEE YA to Integra..

Quote Originally Posted by MachineMasters View Post
    Agreed.

I heard he found out Kid Rocket had an air shock, put together by INTEGRA, for a full year before he learned of it.

So he switches to Penske while saying SEE YA to Integra..
    Cutting off your nose to spite your face almost never works out.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 06-19-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I must have clicked on the wrong thread I thought this was about Brian Shirley

^^^^^LMAO^^^^^^^ Highjackers..... All Over!

All you do is bitch, I hope you aren't married.
    If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black?!?!

What happens if Squirrel's team receives that missing sponsor payment? Does he jump back on WoO tour? He only missed 1 race over the weekend, due to rain.

Anyone know which particular sponsor failed to deliver the check?
    At the start of the year I was reading ariticles of how Arnie Ranta was going all in this year with Brian chasing the WOO championship and it just seems odd that this team now would be dropping off due to financials.

That's exactly what I said. Well said, way to put words in people's mouth. I thought you were smarter than this BS you just said, guess not.

Maybe I'll clarify, since you want to jump to fukin conclusions. For some, the racing life works forever. For others, it gets to a point where they say fuk it. The time, effort, money, lack of stable income, not being able to be around your family a lot, it becomes too much. Some can handle it and work with it, some can't. More and more are saying fuk it, not just Birky. Spin that however you want all knowing, these are words they have all said.

Really not sure how me, as a father, who has traveled for work, and worked stupid hours. And at times, day shift, and night shift, defending Birky and anyone else who decides to say fuk the racing life, is turned into me saying that these other guys aren't good Dads because they have made racing their careers, quite mind boggling. I understand these struggles partly. No not racing, but they go through the same sh!t as everyone else and worse. So I 100% get when some walk away.

You got to remember theres a lot of people on these boards that know these drivers or know someone who knows them. It was not by his own doing that he retired either time. Coming back is proof of that. Money is not short by any means at that household.

Jealousy is the root of that retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    What happens if Squirrel's team receives that missing sponsor payment? Does he jump back on WoO tour? He only missed 1 race over the weekend, due to rain.
    Seldom does the payment show up after the fact. Most sponsorship agreements are scheduled for payment certain dates with the team. If the sponsor fails to deliver the money on time, the team normally takes it tough. They rely on that money to continue on tour. Without it, they either pay out of pocket or adjust accordingly to continue to race. The check's in the mail just don't cut it.

Well said CnB. Very well said.

You made a lot of assumptions that seem to be contradicted. Yes, I got the impression you believe one cannot race and be a parent.

Walking away for the family has become the biggest BS cliché in racing as of late.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Barry Seal Guest

That's exactly what I said. Well said, way to put words in people's mouth. I thought you were smarter than this BS you just said, guess not.Maybe I'll clarify, since you want to jump to fukin conclusions. For some, the racing life works forever. For others, it gets to a point where they say fuk it. The time, effort, money, lack of stable income, not being able to be around your family a lot, it becomes too much. Some can handle it and work with it, some can't. More and more are saying fuk it, not just Birky. Spin that however you want all knowing, these are words they have all said.Really not sure how me, as a father, who has traveled for work, and worked stupid hours. And at times, day shift, and night shift, defending Birky and anyone else who decides to say fuk the racing life, is turned into me saying that these other guys aren't good Dads because they have made racing their careers, quite mind boggling. I understand these struggles partly. No not racing, but they go through the same sh!t as everyone else and worse. So I 100% get when some walk away.
    I think he was talking in sarcasm. Maybe not, just trying to help. Masterbilt1 does have a great understanding of late model racing. A lot more then most.

Barry Seal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Seal View Post
    I think he was talking in sarcasm. Maybe not, just trying to help. Masterbilt1 does have a great understanding of late model racing. A lot more then most.
    Besides, sounds like bob Cullen didn't ponie up. Otherwise the door panel would look a lot different. I always wondered how one man had so much cash.

I never took that CNB saying you can't race and be a father. What I took from it was some would rather be a father and husband that is actually there to watch their kids grow up and be there with the wife day in and day out to help raise the kids instead of being gone all week or days at a time.

What works for may not work for another. Lets say Birky's wife did give him the ultimatum I guess Birky decided being a husband and father was more important. End of story.