Thread: Sad Birthday

Default Sad Birthday

It's not dirt late model but yesterday would have been Bryan Clauson's 28th birthday. Bryan was dirt track racing personified. No matter what type of dirt track racing we enjoy and identify with Bryan made it better simply by being who he was.

Happy birthday Bryan, you were a great racer and even more important you were a great human being.

You will be missed as long as there is racing taking place on a dirt track.

Here's a beautifully done video of Bryan Clauson's life, death and legacy.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19483617
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-16-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's not dirt late model but yesterday would have been Bryan Clauson's 28th birthday. Bryan was dirt track racing personified. No matter what type of dirt track racing we enjoy and identify with Bryan made it better simply by being who he was.

Happy birthday Bryan, you were a great racer and even more important you were a great human being.

You will be missed as long as there is racing taking place on a dirt track.

Here's a beautifully done video of Bryan Clauson's life, death and legacy.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19483617
    I'm at work you a$$hole and you got me tearing up.

Haven't watched it all yet, buffering, but well done by ESPN. Their 30 for 30's and Outside the Lines stuff, plus others, some good stuff.

Such a shame, yes he died doing what he loved, but being hit in the top of the cage, just makes you cringe. At least people, including national media, are carrying on his legacy. People should not forget what a racer he was, and I take your word for it, an even better human being. Such a tragedy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Dang thing had me crying also..... so sad and Prayers are still with all involved.

Happy Birthday Bryan. I will never take my BC still chasing sticker off my truck. Was one of the nicest drivers I've ever met in person and I will never forget.

Any driver that had a 200 race season scheduled deserves super recognition for that, let alone all the other things he had already accomplished. He was a great kid too.

Bryan was just an amazing person. I just started following his career last year for the most part not long before he passed away. My wife started following Chevy Clauson on Facebook a few years ago,but I still didn't follow him mostly due to being in open wheel cars. I wish I would've done so sooner. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch that piece on ESPN. His death was just heartbreaking.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I'm at work you a$$hole and you got me tearing up.

Haven't watched it all yet, buffering, but well done by ESPN. Their 30 for 30's and Outside the Lines stuff, plus others, some good stuff.

Such a shame, yes he died doing what he loved, but being hit in the top of the cage, just makes you cringe. At least people, including national media, are carrying on his legacy. People should not forget what a racer he was, and I take your word for it, an even better human being. Such a tragedy.
    Sorry about that, buddy. I definitely can relate to what you're saying. My wife and I watched this for the first time together and I had to leave the room and she sobbed like a baby. It's especially tough when Diana Clauson listens to Bryan's heart beating in Dan's chest.

We spent some time with Bryan and Tim at Belleville during the Nationals in 2013. We all were staying a the same bed and breakfast. Bryan was especially nice to my wife and Tim Clauson was about as personable with us as it's possible to be. We had breakfast with Tim a couple of mornings we were there and we left Belleville with the feeling we'd know Tim since 1st grade. We ran into both Tim and Lauren at The Chili Bowl last January and it was really tough when we first made eye contact. Not for them but for us. Tim even brought up Belleville 2013 and how nice it was to have hung out with us. Usually those comments are made the other way around.

There were a LOT of people at the Indy 500 this year that were drying their eyes when they cleared the scoring pylon during the 100th lap and replaced the running order with BC FOREVER. Everyone in attendance thought that gesture by The Speedway was very thoughtful. Bryan led the 100th lap of the 100th running of the Indy in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    Happy Birthday Bryan. I will never take my BC still chasing sticker off my truck. Was one of the nicest drivers I've ever met in person and I will never forget.
    That makes two of us SFF. To my knowledge Bryan was never rude before and during the races but he was all business. After the show he was as friendly as they come with folks he'd never seen before and likely would never see again. Not all racers have those virtues, especially racers that are as good as Bryan was.

Thanks CIRF for this, powerfull stuff.

Late Model Mark

Thanks CIRF, that was very well done for a short clip.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Sorry about that, buddy. I definitely can relate to what you're saying. My wife and I watched this for the first time together and I had to leave the room and she sobbed like a baby. It's especially tough when Diana Clauson listens to Bryan's heart beating in Dan's chest.

We spent some time with Bryan and Tim at Belleville during the Nationals in 2013. We all were staying a the same bed and breakfast. Bryan was especially nice to my wife and Tim Clauson was about as personable with us as it's possible to be. We had breakfast with Tim a couple of mornings we were there and we left Belleville with the feeling we'd know Tim since 1st grade. We ran into both Tim and Lauren at The Chili Bowl last January and it was really tough when we first made eye contact. Not for them but for us. Tim even brought up Belleville 2013 and how nice it was to have hung out with us. Usually those comments are made the other way around.

There were a LOT of people at the Indy 500 this year that were drying their eyes when they cleared the scoring pylon during the 100th lap and replaced the running order with BC FOREVER. Everyone in attendance thought that gesture by The Speedway was very thoughtful. Bryan led the 100th lap of the 100th running of the Indy in 2016.

That makes two of us SFF. To my knowledge Bryan was never rude before and during the races but he was all business. After the show he was as friendly as they come with folks he'd never seen before and likely would never see again. Not all racers have those virtues, especially racers that are as good as Bryan was.
    All good man, was trying to lighten the mood. I finished the whole video just now, amazing and heart wrenching, but at the same time, he gave life to an Army Vet. So it's also a call to me to be an organ donor.

They seem like great people, and it was nice to see how grateful the recipient was of Bryans heart. And that he took the time with them, like truly, the best outcome out of a sh!t situation.

I remember you telling me about the B&B. Just memories that you'll always have and cherish. The Indy 500 deal, that's just flat out cool, and sad at the same time.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.