Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up If it was mandatory...

Would you still post on 4m if it was mandatory to have your picture and real name next to every post? I think it's the best thing sense two ply toilet paper!!

I have said my name for as long as I can remember...My Pic would do bad thing to kids if they seen it so not so much...LOL

I have my name on here don't like the idea of my picture on here though
    I am what I am

It would clean the place up that is for sure, except those with no jobs that have nothing to lose. Plus, you'd have no way to guarantee if the picture and name was real.

I wish we could or had to do this here. They do on Facebook. We could all just give our name and where we are from and see each other on fb. We all have a Facebook account don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    It would clean the place up that is for sure, except those with no jobs that have nothing to lose. Plus, you'd have no way to guarantee if the picture and name was real.
    I think we could figure it out, the ones with fake id must have something to hide...

They can't even keep the spamming and fire wall warnings under control let alone set up something your suggesting if it's even possible.

no , i would no longer post

and , not true about facebook , i dont use my picture and i dont use my real name
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

No more hidding behind moms skirt boys and girls

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    no , i would no longer post

and , not true about facebook , i dont use my picture and i dont use my real name
    .....Why???

I have a Facebook page and anybody that wants to add me all they have to do is ask. I have no problem putting my name on here or a picture either. The powers to be can make it mandatory and I will join in. Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    They can't even keep the spamming and fire wall warnings under control let alone set up something your suggesting if it's even possible.
    You can post pics here.

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    I wish we could or had to do this here. They do on Facebook. We could all just give our name and where we are from and see each other on fb. We all have a Facebook account don't we?
    Newsflash, dude: People use their real name and picture on Facebook and still get into pissing contests with people they don't know and say things they would NEVER say to that person's face. So what makes you think that adding this feature to 4m is going to make people act with some civility on here? A name and a picture (whether real or fake) doesn't get someone any closer to getting chopped in the throat for being an a$shole.

honestly , ive had my identity stolen before , so i try to stay as anonymous as possible while still being part of 'current' culture with the internets and the space age

i primarily have facebook for racing results and funny videos , i dont talk to people or post anything on it
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    I have a Facebook page and anybody that wants to add me all they have to do is ask. I have no problem putting my name on here or a picture either. The powers to be can make it mandatory and I will join in. Not a problem.
    What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Newsflash, dude: People use their real name and picture on Facebook and still get into pissing contests with people they don't know and say things they would NEVER say to that person's face. So what makes you think that adding this feature to 4m is going to make people act with some civility on here? A name and a picture (whether real or fake) doesn't get someone any closer to getting chopped in the throat for being an a$shole.
    Ok we get it lol. I was only thinking it could be a good way to be more of a closer group here. But it might scare some off and we don't want that

I don't think it'd make much difference.....look at what people post on Facebook, sometimes it makes 4m look tame....

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    I don't think it'd make much difference.....look at what people post on Facebook, sometimes it makes 4m look tame....
    That is a fact....

Quote Originally Posted by Black I View Post
    Would you still post on 4m if it was mandatory to have your picture and real name next to every post? I think it's the best thing sense two ply toilet paper!!
    It would be the kiss of death to this site. Why would anyone want to give a Troll that much information. You have to know the trolls would not put up a real name and picture. They might on one, but how about the multiple user names when they get banned.

On Facebook, you have a choice of who can see your posts and if you allow trolls, people with no idea how to act in public and very disrespectful to view them, you deserve anything you get. With that kind of information, I could get someone fired from their job, ruin their business reputation and one piece of info, short of identity theft. Is it a good idea? No!!!

Picture, I'm thinking George Strait head on the Rock, body.

Only be about 10 percent of the posts on here now.