Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

May be more than a flat for Shirley. Car is pushed pit side.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

10 to go top 5: 21 18b 24 75 32

Caution with 3 to go. Nobbe spins in 3 & 4. Top 5: Moyer, Babb, Unzicker, Drake, Pierce.

Finish: Moyer, Unzicker, Babb, Drake, Pierce.

4 provisional in a 22 car field......Whats up with that.? Just a 22 car field? Hey Driggers, why not expand the field and let some of the teams make a living instead of lining the pockets of the WRG.

Track was dry, but racey. Moyer was untouchable.

Full finishing rundown: 21 24 18b 75 32 4 11 4G 18c 1M 21jr 10s 25b 65 89 B1 5N 13j 3s 29 30 25

Win #95 for Moyer? That's crazy.

Transponders had Weaver ahead for second in Bmain by .006, but the scorers said visually the other guy was ahead so Weaver didn't transfer?Why in the hell use transponders then if you are going to give transfers based on vision?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Win #95 for Moyer? That's crazy.
    And they will keep coming!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Tonight was the first time I have ever been to Sycamore speedway and it was probably the most fun I have had at the races in a while. The track is very nice,the grandstands were great,the pits were like a frickin campgrounds. The staff was really friendly. The feature was just awesome and I went home covered in clay dust. What more can a dirt fan want. If they don't run more specials there next year,I'll be shocked, the stands were packed with a great,high energy crowd. Can't believe this track has been around so long and UMP hasn't grabbed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    Tonight was the first time I have ever been to Sycamore speedway and it was probably the most fun I have had at the races in a while. The track is very nice,the grandstands were great,the pits were like a frickin campgrounds. The staff was really friendly. The feature was just awesome and I went home covered in clay dust. What more can a dirt fan want. If they don't run more specials there next year,I'll be shocked, the stands were packed with a great,high energy crowd. Can't believe this track has been around so long and UMP hasn't grabbed it.

They've just recently started to evolve in to modern age. This track has a great weekly following friday and Saturday. No crappy UMP sanction needed.

3s hit a lap car and must've bent some stuff.

mud, that track cant handle more then 22.

first trip to sycamore. admittedly starved for dirt late model racing here in s.e. Wisconsin, but I really enjoyed the show.

first impression: easy drive 1 1/2 hour drive. from the parking lot: nice facility. easy parking. to the track: plenty of ticket windows. concessions: reasonably/bargain priced. disappointed no breaded pork tenderloin (an Iowa delicacy) when I got that far south in Illinois. but the Italians I ate were large, hot, and tasty. to the bleachers: lots of them. was worried about seating since I couldn't arrive until after work. looked like a great crowd, but I had no trouble finding a great seat. on other occasions when I've had to arrive after work I have found row after row of taped off/blanketed seats. not a problem at sycamore.

the track: don't know what they call it, but to me it appears bigger than a quarter mile, but not a 3/8ths. somewhat paperclip shaped with longer straights and tight turns. seemed too wet early, but my opinion is track prep worked out perfectly.

the racing: will stay to the hell tour portion. have never been thrilled with the snats format. and the heat races had me worried about a one lane track on the bottom. crumbs made venturing out of the bottom groove a losing proposition. to the tracks credit, I felt it went well for the headliner show. the groove widened out and the racers could race in the feature.

racing notes: I feel Larson got jobbed in his heat. he got turned while leading and still had to restart at the back. it was a tough call but he got turned. weaver/ scheffler for the transfer spot: sitting in the first turn looked like scheffler got him. was impressive all night. was announced that with weaver up by .006 on the transponder and visual finish, the would check where transponders were mounted to make the call. I think they got it right. Chase Junghans: a clownish start to the night overcome by hard work. well done. the nobbe kid: frequently fast, more often all over the place. much like many great racers when they first start. pierce: large crowd following. didn't qualify well, but made a transfer spot in the heat. started deep in the feature, and made a nice charge to 5th and was expecting him to gain a another place or two with some late restarts, but it never happened. kid is still a racer we're going to be watching for a long while.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

highlights: a moyer win. always been a fan. i'm pretty sure if you look up "professional racer" in the dictionary billy's picture comes up. shannon babb: a misadventure on the cushion on a late race restart after another nobbe caution cost him 2nd. unzicker: he's a great racer that i think i remember seeing win a wilmot snats race. ran a great race tonight, but have to deduct points for that heat race. billy drake: i think i've seen him race for many, many years, with some of his best shows long ago in a white #75 in eastern iowa special events. or maybe that was billy tuckwell. any way... he looked (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good tonight!

random notes: to claims the talent on the hell tour isn't what it used to be: bull$hit! or maybe it's just my opinion: what these race teams go through chasing this series seems old school/bust your a$$/survive. RESPECT! Sycamore Speedway: your first time hosting a "BIG" show? GREAT JOB!!! i even stayed for the 4 cylinder finale and was headed home by 11:15. not sure of the finish, but a #70 Nova charged from the back to finish up front in the pro-street feature. my first racing hero was Charlie Summers, Harlan, Iowa, driving a GREEN #138 Nova. great to see that nova and a couple of camaros on the track. don't qualify hornets. okay, maybe just because i was worried about the threat of rain. but they did provide some great racing in the feature.
    last call: Sycamore Speedway: if this was your first big event, you put your name on the map. well done. while i shouldn't be surprised (central illinois is the same as my SW Iowa roots), you were prepared, and your staff were terrific. i knew i was going to return, even before my program purchase earned me a free admission!

another great racing experience.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Default Klemm

Great posts man. Miss your posts, very good stuff.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I told you boys Sycamore is bad as*!

Great post Klemm!!

great racing, and another quality win for moyer.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    great racing, and another quality win for moyer.
    No cherries?

I bet that was one of the tightest 4 wide salutes those guys have done

Quote Originally Posted by 25jrjr View Post
    No cherries?
    Seventy five hundred of 'em