Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peoria SN

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Should be official. Let's see how Driggers screws this up.
    Race did not make it to half way do better research next time

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Just call it. You can't just have everyone come back on a open date and run the last 20 laps. Oh wait. It is UMP
    race was 60 laps

I saw that afterwards. But still....

Apparently Casebolt isn't going to run the entire SN then

I don't care if was 200 laps, call it a race they put on a show. How many will come back.

Well BMJ tweeted a pic of them at Steak n' shake...

Tony izzo says sucks it gay boys!!!

They have to call that one complete. You can't expect those guys to all tow back there to run a few laps.

Long as it isn't real far outta the way, find a date, and finish the race. It isn't fair to any of them guys to just call it done at lap 20. The Moyers and Bobby, plus whoever else, they deserve a shot at the rest of the race.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

So you want everyone to go there, unload. Run 40 laps, load up and leave? lol

If there was rain coming why did they run a crate modified feature first? Those guys could have made their feature up anytime, they're all locals. The best program i've ever seen was the Summernats race a few years ago at 34 Raceway...rain was coming and the LM feature was over by 8:45. It poured right after that. Drivers and fans like myself travel many hours to Summernats races, the tracks should keep that in mind.

It is what it is. I figured going in it wouldn't make it to the end. Oh well, can't control mother nature.

I can't believe they didn't wait it outMost were already wet.
    8/13/16

This isn't a weekly show where the drivers can tow an hour or less for 40 laps. besides now you have to pay again for workers and utilities. call it a race and move on. Rain happens.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    If there was rain coming why did they run a crate modified feature first? Those guys could have made their feature up anytime, they're all locals.
    At the time the mortified feature was coming onto the track everyone in our group said the exact same thing, G_H. Many of us can't help but feel as if we were deprived of what was shaping up to be a great late model A-main. Mother Nature is going to do what she's going to do and Peoria Speedway should be commended for putting on a good show but from an uninformed bleacher jockey's standpoint one less support class and running the late model A-main first would have probably allowed for the completion of all 60 laps. Live & learn, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    At the time the mortified feature was coming onto the track everyone in our group said the exact same thing, G_H. Many of us can't help but feel as if we were deprived of what was shaping up to be a great late model A-main. Mother Nature is going to do what she's going to do and Peoria Speedway should be commended for putting on a good show but from an uninformed bleacher jockey's standpoint one less support class and running the late model A-main first would have probably allowed for the completion of all 60 laps. Live & learn, I reckon.
    It's partially UMP's fault too for not insisting that the LM feature be run first. The guys running the tour deserve that. Not that UMP has a history of caring about anybody but themselves, but getting the LM feature in any way possible keeps people coming through the gate. Just like the time I was at Lincoln's Summernats show and they announced they'd run the mod feature in its entirety, then give the LM guys the rest of whatever time was left before the curfew. They miraculously got the whole feature in, but garbage like that certainly doesn't give you the urge to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I just can't believe they brought the water truck out with weather coming. And then to run the crate mods first? They should have given the c-main transfer cars 5 minutes to turn around and get the LM feature on the track, since that's the one we all paid $30 to see. I just don't understand why they did what they did.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It's partially UMP's fault too for not insisting that the LM feature be run first. The guys running the tour deserve that. Not that UMP has a history of caring about anybody but themselves, but getting the LM feature in any way possible keeps people coming through the gate.
    I agree. There's blame to go around for what happened.

There is no sense making rules, i you don't follow them. Less than half way is a incomplete show. It is a ideal situation to run this make up with a special of some kind and add value to that race. To cancel the race an give show up money and points, would be a great deal for Peoria. Keep the gate and give tow money? Just don't get any better than that.

Watched the radar all day, decided it was gonna rain so we stayed home.

They should make it up tomorrow. It makes the most logistical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    They should make it up tomorrow. It makes the most logistical sense.
    my guess is they will do it with another full show