Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    If anyone was aware of the owners antics that have been going on they would not have went. Yes it sucks-for fans and drivers.
    I have heard from more then 1 person that hes hard to get a long with...

Thumbs up

If anyone was aware of the owners antics that have been going on they would not have went. Yes it sucks-for fans and drivers.
    I was aware of his bullsh!t that's why I didn't go. He an @$$hole that has run drivers off left and right. Danville used to be a good track to until his @$$ got a hold of it. When he first got a hold of Boswell his main reason to open it was to try and close Shadyhill Speedway all because he was black flagged there about 5/6 years ago and stated a fight in the pits, and look how that turned out for him. Last I heard he was banned from Shadyhill for life.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

But I bet you money that track will be on the schedule next year.
    Sad

All drivers received show up points.......I assume Cody Mahoney wins the Dirt on Dirt $2000 first week point lead total?

it was super dusty but sure seen them running rougher tracks for sure. track isn't the way it was years ago but better than some of the one lane POS they run on. many cars pulled in as soon as they were lapped to get out of way
    Last edited by cgrace; 06-19-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    it was super dusty but sure seen them running rougher tracks for sure. track isn't the way it was years ago but better than some of the one lane POS they run on. many cars pulled in as soon as they were lapped to get out of way
    That's what I did, as soon as Babb went by I pulled in behind Moyer JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    A shame that he busted his tail to get there and pay to get in and find a track unacceptable to race on. A sad deal indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I like Marlar. I like guys who like to race all the time. Hope he wins a couple.
    All around bad deal for Marlar. He had a scary deal just a few weeks ago so I can see why he was a little skeptical racing in these conditions. Not a total wash as he surely will be up here for a while on the tour. Hoping he gets a win or 2 as well.
    8/13/16

I see a lot of people on here agreeing with the fact that them drivers loaded up and did not race are you kidding me right now what about the drivers that did stay and race your going to have to run on a rough track once a while in it just comes with the territory
    I am what I am

Pay
    Attention Ricky it's about the owner

Kent Robinson tweeted they had a hole in the radiator on the first lap of the heat race and decided to call it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    I see a lot of people on here agreeing with the fact that them drivers loaded up and did not race are you kidding me right now what about the drivers that did stay and race your going to have to run on a rough track once a while in it just comes with the territory
    A couple of thoughts that you might consider.

1)The driver wants to run but the car owner doesn't want his equipment torn up especially if they aren't running for the title and points.
    2)The track owner/promoter apparently isn't knowledgeable about track prep or really doesn't care.
    3)UMP apparently doesn't care enough to demand better for their drivers and fans. This is a premium event on their schedule.
    4)Is it any wonder why the Hell Tour has become what it is today.

Yes they will have to race on some rough tracks once in a while. Car owners, drivers and fans deserve better than this type of effort in my opinion. I would have gone but I won't spend good money on a half @$$ effort on the part of the track owner. His reputation certainly won't improve after last nights performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
    A couple of thoughts that you might consider.

1)The driver wants to run but the car owner doesn't want his equipment torn up especially if they aren't running for the title and points.
    2)The track owner/promoter apparently isn't knowledgeable about track prep or really doesn't care.
    3)UMP apparently doesn't care enough to demand better for their drivers and fans. This is a premium event on their schedule.
    4)Is it any wonder why the Hell Tour has become what it is today.

Yes they will have to race on some rough tracks once in a while. Car owners, drivers and fans deserve better than this type of effort in my opinion. I would have gone but I won't spend good money on a half @$$ effort on the part of the track owner. His reputation certainly won't improve after last nights performance.
    Were you there? The rain the night before ruined all the track prep during the week. The sun really dried the track out as they were packing it in. It wasnt really that bad other than the dust and rocks. Right before the consi, they worked the track pretty good. It was actually decent and probably the best the track has been all year.

Quote Originally Posted by B r a n d o n View Post
    Were you there? The rain the night before ruined all the track prep during the week. The sun really dried the track out as they were packing it in. It wasnt really that bad other than the dust and rocks. Right before the consi, they worked the track pretty good. It was actually decent and probably the best the track has been all year.
    No I wasn't there for the very reason that I pointed out. I won't go to a track that has the reputation of not providing a good race track due to lack of knowledge or effort. Explain exactly how the rain the night before "ruined" the track prep from earlier in the week? They had all day to get it right before the show last night. And also how can you say that and then come back with the statement that they "right before the consi, they worked the track pretty good". "It was actually decent and probably the best the track has been all year". That is quite a feat in such a short period of time.

In stating that I won't go to Daugherty it also means I won't be going to Danville either. The owner/promoter's reputation certainly hasn't helped him draw fans. This fan won't waste my hard earned money.

I don't think drivers would mind that the track was getting rough in hotlaps if they had any confidence that it would be fixed. Instead, they watched during the first attempt at track reworking after hotlaps as Michael and a bunch of teenagers he's hired to run track equipment went out and literally drove right around the entire area that was rough. In 1 and 2 they graded everything above the rough spots where cars were actually running and never touched the places that actually needed fixed. The top was in good shape but nobody was running up there until the feature. Then they water areas that were already saturated and left places where the dust was flying untouched. Several near accidents between tractors, graders, water trucks, and even ATV's. First priority here should be to get some help that knows what they are doing and that won't end up getting somebody killed. Track prep equipment and any vehicles on the track during prep should always be driving in the same direction. Driving in opposite directions while looking at the track or back at equipment is a recipe for disaster.

The track was a little better for heats. They should have ran the modifieds first to keep the show going. Instead, they insisted on late models running heats and feature first.

After the track was still rough (imagine that?) and heats are finished for all classes at 8:55, they announce a complete rework of the track. On Sunday night, when most fans have to work the next day. Good way to turn away any fans from coming back.

Ok, so rework begins and to the astonishment of anyone that has ever been to a dirt track before, Michael and his crew once again rework the high side and barely touch the massive holes in 1 and 2 that are in the middle of the track. You know, where guys have been running all night and might run to pass cars that will run the top. Quite a few families with children left at this time. Sadly, those are fans that can't be regained for our sport.

Track prep finally wraps up around 9:50. Then they announce they are going to run a 7 car consolation race, which the SN tour insists on calling a C-Main to ensure confusion for fans. The logic was to eliminate 4 cars. Track is better but somehow, rough spots that were never touched are...still...there.

Instead of running the modifieds and giving time to late models to setup for their feature, they insist late models must go first. Oh but since it is late, the feature is now shortened from 40 laps to 30 laps. So fans get to see 3/4 of the race they paid to see. Another FU for the customer.

Feature rolls at 10:15 and to the surprise of nobody, all 7 cars from the C-Main are in the lineup. So what was the point of that race other than wasting 20 minutes on a Sunday night show that is already an hour late, and adding more wear and tear on cars running extra laps on a rough track?

Decent race in the feature. Babb runs away with it. One groove, not much passing other than Feger passing guys as they pull off. With no points on the line, most cars pulled off once they were out of contention. It should be noted that after another 30 laps at Daugherty, Bobby Pierce still couldn't pass Billy Moyer.

Babb gave a very classy victory lane interview (not sarcasm). The announcer was very apologetic to paying fans throughout the evening. Almost like he was questioning every single move the promoter was making (with good reason).

As much as I hate to say it since this is the closest track to me and the only one less than an hour and a half away that runs late models, this track has no business getting a summer nationals race again. I know Michael is trying and there are positive things happening, but last night was awful from start to finish. I can't say with any confidence that the race at Kickapoo will be any different, so I won't be attending that show. If they continue to run people off, that track won't be open much longer. It's not a coincidence that car counts are up at Shadyhill.

The summer nationals needs to be condensed to a 20 race schedule with 5 races each week over a 4 week period. This can easily be done and will improve the quality of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    After the track was still rough (imagine that?) and heats are finished for all classes at 8:55, they announce a complete rework of the track. On Sunday night, when most fans have to work the next day. Good way to turn away any fans from coming back.

Ok, so rework begins and to the astonishment of anyone that has ever been to a dirt track before, Michael and his crew once again rework the high side and barely touch the massive holes in 1 and 2 that are in the middle of the track. You know, where guys have been running all night and might run to pass cars that will run the top. Quite a few families with children left at this time. Sadly, those are fans that can't be regained for our sport.

Track prep finally wraps up around 9:50. Then they announce they are going to run a 7 car consolation race, which the SN tour insists on calling a C-Main to ensure confusion for fans. The logic was to eliminate 4 cars. Track is better but somehow, rough spots that were never touched are...still...there.
    I wasn't there and have no particular dog in this fight and I know very little about the track promoter.

Having said that, Earl Baltes stated in his biography that when holes develop in a dirt track it is impossible to remedy the situation in the short term. Since the next track that I promote and prepare would be my first I will take an uninformed and relatively uneducated guess as to why they worked around the rough areas. Given what Mr. Baltes said in his book, maybe it was to attempt to make the track more attractive and usable where it wasn't rough knowing that an attempt to repair the rough was an exercise in futility.

Well, so much for DOGGERTY Speedway!!! On to the next race!!!

I went there just once and though the track was one of the best designed tracks I've ever seen and fast too. To bad they are not near reaching it's potential.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 06-19-2017 at 12:09 PM.

I see they are now they only giving show up points for last nights race, Babb just took one in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
    I don't think drivers would mind that the track was getting rough in hotlaps if they had any confidence that it would be fixed. Instead, they watched during the first attempt at track reworking after hotlaps as Michael and a bunch of teenagers he's hired to run track equipment went out and literally drove right around the entire area that was rough. In 1 and 2 they graded everything above the rough spots where cars were actually running and never touched the places that actually needed fixed. The top was in good shape but nobody was running up there until the feature. Then they water areas that were already saturated and left places where the dust was flying untouched. Several near accidents between tractors, graders, water trucks, and even ATV's. First priority here should be to get some help that knows what they are doing and that won't end up getting somebody killed. Track prep equipment and any vehicles on the track during prep should always be driving in the same direction. Driving in opposite directions while looking at the track or back at equipment is a recipe for disaster.

The track was a little better for heats. They should have ran the modifieds first to keep the show going. Instead, they insisted on late models running heats and feature first.

Instead of running the modifieds and giving time to late models to setup for their feature, they insist late models must go first. Oh but since it is late, the feature is now shortened from 40 laps to 30 laps. So fans get to see 3/4 of the race they paid to see. Another FU for the customer.

Feature rolls at 10:15 and to the surprise of nobody, all 7 cars from the C-Main are in the lineup. So what was the point of that race other than wasting 20 minutes on a Sunday night show that is already an hour late, and adding more wear and tear on cars running extra laps on a rough track?

Decent race in the feature. Babb runs away with it. One groove, not much passing other than Feger passing guys as they pull off. With no points on the line, most cars pulled off once they were out of contention. It should be noted that after another 30 laps at Daugherty, Bobby Pierce still couldn't pass Billy Moyer.

Babb gave a very classy victory lane interview (not sarcasm). The announcer was very apologetic to paying fans throughout the evening. Almost like he was questioning every single move the promoter was making (with good reason).

As much as I hate to say it since this is the closest track to me and the only one less than an hour and a half away that runs late models, this track has no business getting a summer nationals race again. I know Michael is trying and there are positive things happening, but last night was awful from start to finish. I can't say with any confidence that the race at Kickapoo will be any different, so I won't be attending that show. If they continue to run people off, that track won't be open much longer. It's not a coincidence that car counts are up at Shadyhill.

The summer nationals needs to be condensed to a 20 race schedule with 5 races each week over a 4 week period. This can easily be done and will improve the quality of the series.
    The problem with cutting the schedule to only 20 races is, that rain outs could wreak havoc and also the point fund needs a volume of races too.

There are many fans wanting to see some races and tracks that want to run an event and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I see they are now they only giving show up points for last nights race, Babb just took one in the a$$.
    All of the drivers knew before the feature race was run that only show up points were going to be given to everyone that was there.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    All of the drivers knew before the feature race was run that only show up points were going to be given to everyone that was there.
    Whoever does Babb's Facebook posted they just found out, if they knew in advance that's different.