Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Peoria speedway Summer Nationals

Peoria Event Declared CompletePEORIA, IL — June 18, 2017 — The Peoria Speedway stop of the DIRTcar Summer Nationals has been declared a completed event following a severe thunderstorm that halted the feature event after 20 laps. The track is still too wet, and drivers have other commitments on Monday, which is their only free day on the relentless Hell Tour schedule. Meanwhile, the Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals portion of the event will move to Wednesday, June 21. The event will recognize drivers for the positions they were running when the race was called, making Billy Moyer Jr. the official feature winner after surging past his father, who was setting the pace until then, and taking command on lap 15. Bobby Pierce also passed the elder Moyer for second place on lap 15 and was looking to mount a challenge on Junior when a caution flag flew on lap 17 for Roger Rebholz’s stopped car in turn two. Pierce stuck with Moyer Jr. on the restart before the brewing battle was stopped by the rain on lap 20. The elder Moyer was running third when the race was red-flagged, Brian Shirley was fourth and Billy Drake was fifth. Feature Results: 1. Billy Moyer Jr., 2. Bobby Pierce, 3. Billy Moyer, 4. Brian Shirley, 5. Billy Drake, 6. Michael Kloos, 7. Cody Mahoney, 8. Ryan Unzicker, 9. Bob Gardner, 10. Shannon Babb, 11. Chase Junghans, 12. Rob Toland, 13. Mike Monroe, 14. Todd Bennett, 15. Paul Stubber, 16. Rich Bell, 17. Gordy Gundaker, 18. Jason Feger, 19. Dustin Nobbe, 20. Brent Larson, 21. Jason Wagner, 22. Roger Rebholz.

How many times do you need to post the same thing?

Moyer Jr. gets 1/2 the 10k and the fans who paid.....get??

Doggone Mother Nature. Unfortunately, there's not a solution that would appease most.

The right thing for a track to do, to keep their fans happy would be to offer 1/2 price admission to another special event later in the season, or free admission to the next regular event.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Moyer Jr. gets 1/2 the 10k and the fans who paid.....get??

Doggone Mother Nature. Unfortunately, there's not a solution that would appease most.
    Fans get ky jelly for the next f ing, whenever that will be. So keep it handy... It could come at anytime, anywhere.

TIME to BAR this TRACK they just plane $UCK

I understand it's the weather issue but really come on you're (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed the drivers yeah (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) the fans and everybody wonders why nobody comes back I think it's pretty simple. And two nights in a row

Closest track to me and I haven't been there in over ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    How many times do you need to post the same thing?
    Until Bloomquist wins and we'll never hear about it again.

how about marlar driving from Miss to race the next night and saying h*ll with it.. track to rough gonna pack up.. embarrasing for UMP to keep making these calls and us fans to keep paying to see it or hear about it...

Shouldn't be too hard to find a spot for La Salle next year?

This should be posted again, until the cows come home and most of us don't have cows. This is about a promoter that took money from fans and racers and gave nothing in return. If UMP has rules allowing this, they should be on the Chit list also. You will not see me at Peoria as long as this promoter is there. I the race is called complete, you pay the advertised purse. If not you either do a make up or refund part of the ticket price. It didn't just rain on the fans and racers, it rained on the promoter also. With he reports of stalling by the promoter, it sounds like a panned exercise.

So did the promoter cut the purse in half all the way through the field? If so he should be refunding 15 bucks to each fan that bought a ticket. I think you might be right about the stalling being intentional Bubstr. Seems like the only person that didn't know rain was coming was the promoter.

If track called it completed then need to pay full purse I mean fans already paid so money should be there only thing I see track loosing is a few hotdog sales

You might want to check Brian Shirley's post on facebook before you guys make yourselves look any more like fools.

Quote Originally Posted by timmayb View Post
    You might want to check Brian Shirley's post on facebook before you guys make yourselves look any more like fools.
    All I saw was he chose not to race at Daugherty along with Marlar and junghans

Brian stated that the speedway wanted to reschedule somehow and finish the race. It was a UMP DECISION not to.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Brian stated that the speedway wanted to reschedule somehow and finish the race. It was a UMP DECISION not to.
    Like I said, all on ump.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard to find a spot for La Salle next year?
    Tony done went against the almighty Sam. If I was Tony and Sam offered me a date I'd tell him to KMA!