Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up PEORIA - UMP SN. UMP declears Moyer Jr the winner.

Peoria Speedway
    UMP Summer Nationals race
    Per Dirt On Dirt - UMP Officials declear Billy Moyer Jr. the winner of UMP Summer Nationals race at Peoria Speedway.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

And only collects 5k instead of 10k.

Anybody else find that part extremely odd?

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post

Coming from UMP? Not particularly. Although considering the circumstances, I think it is about as fair and logical as anyone could hope for.
    Last edited by zach51; 06-19-2017 at 01:09 PM.

They did charge for a 10K show and had already taken in the high admission prices, right?

I think it is fair. Glad they did something about it a lot better then nothing! Did they receive points?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    They did charge for a 10K show and had already taken in the high admission prices, right?
    Promoter made his money and gets to keep a lot of the purse. I can't say I'm thrilled.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    I think it is fair. Glad they did something about it a lot better then nothing! Did they receive points?
    IT hasn't been decided yet. Knowing how they make up rules as they go along, anything is possible...like giving points for a race that went 1/3 of the way and no points for a full race. That's just the WRG

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    They deemed the show complete. So, you pay the whole purse out. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Coming from UMP? Not particularly. Although considering the circumstances, I think it is about as fair and logical as anyone could hope for.
    I think its only deemed as fair if they pay the remaining purse through out the whole field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    IT hasn't been decided yet. Knowing how they make up rules as they go along, anything is possible...like giving points for a race that went 1/3 of the way and no points for a full race. That's just the WRG
    I believe the same thing happened at Volusia. UMP can't get the F out of there own way.

I believe the same thing happened at Volusia. UMP can't get the F out of there own way.
    Agreed. Just follow your own dang rules. Stop making 5hit up as you go along.

I feel a Cody Mahoney screw job about to happen.

Can somebody explain the reason for not paying the full purse? The money was already collected at the gate so why would he not get $10,000?

WRG = We're Really Greedy

Anyone but bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I feel a Cody Mahoney screw job about to happen.
    A DOD article posted earlier today stated Moyer won the weekly points with Mahoney taking second.

Since the powers that be are making up the rules as we go and not releasing any info pertaining to the points, I have no idea if the above statement is true or false other than trusting the all mighty DOD.

Fair thing to do, it seems from the promoters standpoint would be, to keep the fans happy, give them 1/2 price admission to another special event, or free entry to a regular weekly race at the track.

It seems very unfair to pay half the purse, AFTER the fans have paid full price, for a regularly scheduled non-postponed event.

UMP has always been a bit peculiar though hasn't it? I seem to remember a lot of drivers complaining about how different the UMP body rules were than anything else they ran.

This makes zero sense other than to screw the drivers out of half the purse. All entry fees were paid. All gate money had been collected. This was not a two day show that got cut to one day. This show was 3 minutes from being a complete show. Please tell me what reason could possibly be floated as to how you could have paid the entire purse at that point, but not now.

I'm usually fairly understanding to a promoters plight, but this is a bit much.

Nothing surprises me, when it comes to WRG and Peoria. All I can say, is STOP THIEF. First they took LaSalles race date. Now they took the money from the fans and the racers.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    This makes zero sense other than to screw the drivers out of half the purse. All entry fees were paid. All gate money had been collected. This was not a two day show that got cut to one day. This show was 3 minutes from being a complete show. Please tell me what reason could possibly be floated as to how you could have paid the entire purse at that point, but not now.

I'm usually fairly understanding to a promoters plight, but this is a bit much.
    I don't necessarily disagree, however the promoter is actually doing more than he should in this case (if he was a greedy, no good for nothing A-hole as ya'll are proclaiming). He was willing to compromise, pay half. Heck man they lost 40 laps worth of hot dog sales!

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, however the promoter is actually doing more than he should in this case (if he was a greedy, no good for nothing A-hole as ya'll are proclaiming). He was willing to compromise, pay half. Heck man they lost 40 laps worth of hot dog sales!
    No he's not. This is his absolute best case scenario.

Other options would have been to come back and finish the show, but he'd have to pay full purse then.

Act like it never happened and cancel. He'd be out all his expenses plus refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    No he's not. This is his absolute best case scenario.

Other options would have been to come back and finish the show, but he'd have to pay full purse then.

Act like it never happened and cancel. He'd be out all his expenses plus refunds.
    His best case scenario would be to keep all the money knowing that there wasn't an open date to make up the race.