Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

They're making up the mod and hornet features Wednesday. That's the only time they will honor the rain check. And the best part? They're charging everyone who wasn't there $5 to get in.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    His best case scenario would be to keep all the money knowing that there wasn't an open date to make up the race.
    Nope, that's called theft. Last time I checked still not legal in any state.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Nope, that's called theft. Last time I checked still not legal in any state.
    Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.
    Not sure what logic is going on in your brain. When in the history of ever has anyone ran a show, collected all fees and gate, and then neither paid out purse nor refund?

Peoria has a reputation for this type of action or lack of. One SN they did not grade the track and shocks were being blown like crazy. Another time, during their so-called 'State Championship' races at the end of the year they had two support classes' features before they run the late models. Then it rained out and expected everyone come back the next day. They didn't cut their intermission or run what a lot of people came to see first. It made a lot of out of town fans mad. I never went back and I was going some place to watch races every Saturday night and Peoria was no longer one of them. I am sure there are more that did the same. A promoter cannot control the weather but he can his program.

Jason is laughing all the way to the bank.

Not sure what logic is going on in your brain. When in the history of ever has anyone ran a show, collected all fees and gate, and then neither paid out purse nor refund?
    I am not disagreeing with you as to what "Should be" done. But unfortunate things happen weekly and fans "get screwed" in their mind. At least they got to see 20 laps of feature racing. May or may not be considered "money's worth", but that's just the game we play as fans. You are no rookie, you know how things go. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

So to clarify, the promoter owes a full refund to every fan?

No, if it's a completed show he owes the full purse. Fans would not get any refund at that point. I'm not in favor of refunding anybody. I just don't see how you can justify cutting the purse when there was no economic harm (other than a few hotdog sales lost) done to the promoter. His gate was already there. He was ten laps from paying the entire thing. If it's complete, pay the purse.

No, if it's a completed show he owes the full purse. Fans would not get any refund at that point. I'm not in favor of refunding anybody. I just don't see how you can justify cutting the purse when there was no economic harm (other than a few hotdog sales lost) done to the promoter. His gate was already there. He was ten laps from paying the entire thing. If it's complete, pay the purse.
    Again, I really don't disagree. Maybe he offered to and Driggers said "SHH, pay half and lets split the rest"

Fans got ripped off the Drivers got ripped off and the track made a killing...

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Peoria Speedway
    UMP Summer Nationals race
    Per Dirt On Dirt - UMP Officials declear Billy Moyer Jr. the winner of UMP Summer Nationals race at Peoria Speedway.
    Well, he was leading the race.

This is why some fans are just not going no more when the stands have no people in them they will have one one to blame but them selfs...

That mother nature is a mean ole b*tch

Congrats to BMJ!! Now give him the rest of his winnings!!!

Thumbs up

That mother nature is a mean ole b*tch
    So isn't Sam

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Well, he was leading the race.
    They called it official. He won! UMP should pay him what they all came for...

In my area, if the heat races get done, its considered a full night for the racers and the fans. No refunds to either.

So in that sense, Peoria and UMP did the right thing. They ran 40% of the feature and got paid for 50%!

They could have said, screw you, but they didn't! Trust me, Im no fan of ump, either! They have tried to screw us many times during Speedweeks!

But!! You either get discount on another show OR see a double feature!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Not in my area....you don't get squat!

Other than....."see you next week"!

Sept 30 Peoria 5K to win UMP Dirtcar special. Here is your chance. Do something special for the fans. They deserve it. Do something special for the drivers. They also deserve it. Be creative and spread some good will to each for a change. An astute promoter must realize hard feelings generated does not help your bottom line.